14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Facing this whole unexpected "administrative processing" I really wonder what the point is of cheering over a NOA1 or NOA2 or Interview date.

I used to be so happy when I got them, felt like I got closer to beiing united with Clara ... but this cookbook can tell you at the last step of the recepy:

Now something may happen, for unknown reasons, so you must wait for indefinite (unknown) time, and are given no information whatsoever, other than

that you have to wait because you have to wait.

The idea of noa1, noa2, medical, interview ... give you the feeling of getting somewhere. It got me to the point of nowhere.

I find it hard when the one I love is suffering from this, and I can't be there for her. It feels like failure every day.

My interview was the 16th of January.

I was hoping to fly to Clara 6th of March, the consulate told us at that time that would be no problem given the good interview...

and I let her down ...

(So guys, if you freak out about a NOA1 taking a month longer than you would expect ... Imagine hearing that AP can take up to a year even after you had a good interview. If you get your NOA's ... don't go think you won the lottery. Its just a step ... if you get your hopes up too high you might end up having them beiing crushed.)

Edited by Alexander De Ridder

Visa Journey Completed: Permanent US Resident since February 2009!

Thank you for googl'ing my name!

Contact me anytime for your internet development or marketing needs!

Facing this whole unexpected "administrative processing" I really wonder what the point is of cheering over a NOA1 or NOA2 or Interview date.

I used to be so happy when I got them, felt like I got closer to beiing united with Clara ... but this cookbook can tell you at the last step of the recepy:

Now something may happen, for unknown reasons, so you must wait for indefinite (unknown) time, and are given no information whatsoever, other than

The idea of noa1, noa2, medical, interview ... give you the feeling of getting somewhere. It got me to the point of nowhere.

I find it hard when the one I love is suffering from this, and I can't be there for her. It feels like failure every day.

I was hoping to fly to Clara 6th of March, the consulate told us at that time that would be no problem given the good interview...

and I let her down ...

I'm so sorry :( I honestly hope everything is going to be ok. I really am sorry

(So guys, if you freak out about a NOA1 taking a month longer than you would expect ... Imagine hearing that AP can take up to a year even after you had a good interview. If you get your NOA's ... don't go think you won the lottery. Its just a step ... if you get your hopes up too high you might end up having them beiing crushed.)

Removal of conditions...

First I would like to say keep your head up and continued to journey on. You have to be strong for Clara and keep her spirit going. This process as you know is a very difficult one and when our hearts are broken already from not being together it makes things even more hard. But we are all here as a family to walk together through this process in the good times and in the bad. So whenever you need to vent it is okay. We are here for you. We are praying for you in your time of need. Hang in there.

I-129F Timeline

1-03-07 - Mailed to CSC

1-09-07 - NOA1

4-11-07 - NOA2

4-25-07 - NVC received our case

4-27-07 - Case forwarded to Embassy

5-02-07 - Embassy received our case

5-07-07 - Received Packets 3 & 4

7-02-07 - Interview

7-23-07 - Visa Received

7-28-07 - U.S. Entry JFK

7-30-07 - Marriage

AOS Timeline

8-31-07 - Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox

9-03-07 - Chicago Received

9-19-07 - NOA's (I-485, EAD, and I-131)

10-15-07 - RFE for birth certificate

10-16-07 - Biometrics Appointment

10-19-07 - Sent Additional Info. for RFE

12-03-07 - Touched (Received Additional Info.)

12-10-07 - Ordered Production of EAD

12-10-07 - Advanced Parole shows up online

12-12-07 - Touched Advanced Parole

12-13-07 - Touched EAD

12-17-07 - Received Advanced Parole in the mail

12-19-07 - Approval of EAD noticed sent

12-20-07 - Received EAD in the mail

12-27-07 - I-485 transfered to CSC

01-02-08 - Received transfer notice in the mail

01-10-08 - Touched Case Pending at CSC

01-11-08 - Touched I-485

01-13-08 - Touched I-485

03-03-08 - RFE for I-864

04-17-08 - Approval of I-485

04-21-08 - Received Welcome Notice in the mail

04-21-08 - Received Green Card in the mail

02-16-10 - File Removal Of Conditions

Oh Alexander, I am so sorry to hear you are still waiting!. Stay strong in your faith. You didn't let Clara down. I know the wedding plans are turned upside down, but you two will have a whole life together.

Clara or Clara can call the Department of State and check on the security checks. The DOS will be able to tell her when they are complete and you can then get on the the consulate about issueing the visa. I hope its quickly finished now. Don't start borrowing truble that it could last mroe than a year. Yes that sometimes happens and if it happens to you, you and Clara will deal with it. But more often, it lasts a couple of months.

Right now there is nothing you can do, but wait. Be strong, Pray. Be a support to Clara and let me know if i can do anythign for either of you. BTW- How is Clara's dad doing?

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

I've not heard of this before. Whats the reason for the wait after the interview? I thought thats what the interview was for - because processing was completed. With the exception to a waiver of ineligibility - what would be the reason for two more months of waiting??

Following Sept 11, new security proceedures were put in place. Everyone getting a visa must go through a series of security checks. Most people get through the checks very quickly. Some get false name hits that need to be verified the names are not the same as the beneficiary. the more false name hits , the longer it can take to sort through the checks. A few people here on VJ have been waiting more than a year to clear. It's rare to see it from the European countries, but it does happen.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Alexander I am sorry to hear that you got caught in the AP processing. I have to say that you must have an upbeat attitude and keep Clara upbeat as well. I married a man from Pakistan and we had to endure the AP processing. It was not fun and we made a pact to not to discuss it and dwell on it daily. I made jokes, we talked on the phone, cam chats or yahoo chats daily, and did not set any definite plans on certain dates that could come and go (we did this once and it was disappointing). You have to take this time and make it as easy for you both as you can and remember to send emails, cards, chats and all the things you were doing in the beginning to keep this part of the processing fresh just like you have to work hard to keep a marriage fresh and exciting.

Remember that once you are completed with this processing you will be together and that believe it or not this dreaded time will fade into a memory. Take care of yourselves and realize that this separation can be handled easier if you do not dwell on it daily.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline

hello i have a small question when sending the packet 3 back to the embassy with all forms and etc etc did you send to the

immigrant visa branch

united states embassy

5 upper grosvenor street

london W1A 2JB

this is where packet 3 was sent from i believe

OR

24 grosvenor square

london W1A 1EA

this is the address of the embassy as stated on the website

which is the correct address ty

Edited by trevorp

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
hello i have a small question when sending the packet 3 back to the embassy with all forms and etc etc did you send to the

immigrant visa branch

united states embassy

5 upper grosvenor street

london W1A 2JB

this is where packet 3 was sent from i believe

OR

24 grosvenor square

london W1A 1EA

this is the address of the embassy as stated on the website

which is the correct address ty

send it back to the embassy that sent you instructions in the first place

and as an answer to the other question about clara's dad .. no he's not doing well

Clara has a hard time at home with this ... she hardly can sleep because he is in pain every night,

and because of his depression he's putting a lot of emotional pressure on her ..

Visa Journey Completed: Permanent US Resident since February 2009!

Thank you for googl'ing my name!

Contact me anytime for your internet development or marketing needs!

Filed: Timeline

and I let her down ...

We suffered through 9 months of AP but made it through. He's here now, we're married and slogging through all the joys of newly married life (ha ha). I know exactly how you are feeling, but I want to tell you to just hold on, busy your mind with as much positivity as you can (although I know that is impossible sometimes) and gut it through. It does come to an end. I found the best solution for coping (although I didn't do a very good job of it) was to stop asking myself WHY WHY WHY and just go day to day focusing on the moment as much as possible. Prayers are with you for your reunion soon.

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

We are in AP for 3 month now.

Not always is AP due to security or name checks but often due to investigations, such as verifying

documents or field investigations, though most common in 3. world countries.

Our case is in the fraud prevention unit at the embassy without any explanations.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's just that these little approvals lead to the bigger approvals and keep all of us in a place of hope instead of despair.

Rob

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.