Comment

Long topic but need opinion please

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I sent my N 400 application oct of 2014. I did my bio metrics Nov. 2014. The N 400 was based on three years marriage. My wife and I lived together from day one until now. The only issue i had with the law was a misdemeanor with a $100 fine and 10 anger management classes with six months probation that was dismissed after i finished the classes. I was outside the country once for almost six months to visit family and receive medical treatment. They finally scheduled me for interview about Aug. 15 of 2015. At this point we discovered that a family member wanted revenge as we were trying to adopt his children which had been removed from him. He called on us declaring we had a fake marriage. The day before the interview USCIS called and cancelled our interview appointment. The next day we woke up to a fraud detection officer from USCIS, FBI, three local police officers with bullet proof vests knocking at our door. My step daughter opened the door they asked for me she said "you mean my dad". She came to wake us and they would not let her close the front door. They could see us coming out of the bedroom. The FBI officer was only concerned about my visit to Egypt which happened during the revolution and if any one had propositioned me to help them. The fraud detection sat with my wife and wanted to see the house for evidence of my belongings which was scattered everywhere. Then the officers laughed and joked and left. One month later my interview was scheduled for Sept. 15. The IO was very nice and I swore in. She went through my application. Then she gave me history test and asked three questions. She said i passed that portion. Then i read a sentence and answered the question. She said I passed that. She asked me about the incident. She wanted original police report and court papers and translation of my birth certificate. She gave me her phone number so instead of mailing it I could bring it in person. She printed N 14 and handed it to me. At this point I told her due to my health condition if I was going to be denied I did not want to waste money on translation and travel to bring papers. The IO said not to worry as the incident was minor and would not be held against me. After I collected the papers I went back. The IO looked at it and said to wait a minute she was going to consult with her supervisor and left the room. She came back 30 minutes later. The IO said she spoke with the supervisor and he said everything seemed in order. She told me she had gone to the lobby and talked to my wife. I was told I would be scheduled for the ceremony later but it would be awhile due to the name change. I asked the IO if she was to give me any paper. She said she could print one or write on the N14. The officer wrote by hand on the form that she hand received the RFE papers and would be sending the ceremony notification in near future and signed her name. We left to return home. The shocking news was I never signed anything at this point. One week later we received N 14 with two pages to sign ( page 20 and 21 ). Page 20 was signature at interview and 21 was oath of allegiance. I signed and returned the papers. On Oct. 27 received notice that post decision activity the N 400 was submitted for supervisor review.

Can you give me your opinion. Does everything sound OK? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Sorry for making it so long just wanted to give you all the facts

Edited by Comment

Based on what you've written I don't think they have a basis to deny your N-400.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

I sent my N 400 application oct of 2014. I did my bio metrics Nov. 2014. The N 400 was based on three years marriage. My wife and I lived together from day one until now. The only issue i had with the law was a misdemeanor with a $100 fine and 10 anger management classes with six months probation that was dismissed after i finished the classes. I was outside the country once for almost six months to visit family and receive medical treatment. They finally scheduled me for interview about Aug. 15 of 2015. At this point we discovered that a family member wanted revenge as we were trying to adopt his children which had been removed from him. He called on us declaring we had a fake marriage. The day before the interview USCIS called and cancelled our interview appointment. The next day we woke up to a fraud detection officer from USCIS, FBI, three local police officers with bullet proof vests knocking at our door. My step daughter opened the door they asked for me she said "you mean my dad". She came to wake us and they would not let her close the front door. They could see us coming out of the bedroom. The FBI officer was only concerned about my visit to Egypt which happened during the revolution and if any one had propositioned me to help them. The fraud detection sat with my wife and wanted to see the house for evidence of my belongings which was scattered everywhere. Then the officers laughed and joked and left. One month later my interview was scheduled for Sept. 15. The IO was very nice and I swore in. She went through my application. Then she gave me history test and asked three questions. She said i passed that portion. Then i read a sentence and answered the question. She said I passed that. She asked me about the incident. She wanted original police report and court papers and translation of my birth certificate. She gave me her phone number so instead of mailing it I could bring it in person. She printed N 14 and handed it to me. At this point I told her due to my health condition if I was going to be denied I did not want to waste money on translation and travel to bring papers. The IO said not to worry as the incident was minor and would not be held against me. After I collected the papers I went back. The IO looked at it and said to wait a minute she was going to consult with her supervisor and left the room. She came back 30 minutes later. The IO said she spoke with the supervisor and he said everything seemed in order. She told me she had gone to the lobby and talked to my wife. I was told I would be scheduled for the ceremony later but it would be awhile due to the name change. I asked the IO if she was to give me any paper. She said she could print one or write on the N14. The officer wrote by hand on the form that she hand received the RFE papers and would be sending the ceremony notification in near future and signed her name. We left to return home. The shocking news was I never signed anything at this point. One week later we received N 14 with two pages to sign ( page 20 and 21 ). Page 20 was signature at interview and 21 was oath of allegiance. I signed and returned the papers. On Oct. 27 received notice that post decision activity the N 400 was submitted for supervisor review.

Can you give me your opinion. Does everything sound OK? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Sorry for making it so long just wanted to give you all the facts

Don't sweat it too much. You will be perfectly fine. Keep the faith.

Agree with Mananto. Supervisory review is a standard step before they give final approval. My application did not have as many twists and turns and it was still subject to supervisory review. It was eventually approved 3 business days after my interview and I am now in queue for an oath ceremony.

Timeline

wow long post but pretty interesting for once. and at least some detail yet clear on here for once. gl op.

ty

Agree with Mananto. Supervisory review is a standard step before they give final approval. My application did not have as many twists and turns and it was still subject to supervisory review. It was eventually approved 3 business days after my interview and I am now in queue for an oath ceremony.

congrats and thank you

Don't sweat it too much. You will be perfectly fine. Keep the faith.

I always do :) thanks

Timeline

Based on what you've written I don't think they have a basis to deny your N-400.

I hope so, because as I mentioned before I told the IO I don't want to spend anymore money if they going to deny it and I prefer to be denied on the spot and she assured me they will not deny it.

thank you

They're certainly not bound by that. If they want to deny it they can and will, but require a legal basis to do so. The N-400 fee you paid was for an adjudication, not approval.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

If IO was so clear about decisions even though verbally, should't be a problem. I wouldn't stress on it too much. Anyways, good luck and do post when you get oath.

Timeline

They're certainly not bound by that. If they want to deny it they can and will, but require a legal basis to do so. The N-400 fee you paid was for an adjudication, not approval.

true and I know that but the thing is if the IO said they wont deny it and then she consulted with her supervisor and still told me the same making me feel a bit better but the waiting is frustrating it has been over a year since the filing

thanks Hypnos

If IO was so clear about decisions even though verbally, should't be a problem. I wouldn't stress on it too much. Anyways, good luck and do post when you get oath.

thank you

I believe the oath letter is next. Trust and believe. Keep us updated please. Wishing you good luck! ?

thank you and I will update it as soon as I hear any news

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Finally after all that time just got email from them they placed me in line for ceremony schedule

Hopefully it wont be long now

Thank you all for your help and support

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.