MissMae

HELP! EAD denied! :(

18 posts in this topic

Just now, 88 days after we sent my AOS/EAD/AP application, my EAD got denied :( But 3 weeks ago, my AP was approved and few days later I got it in mail. I'm so frustrated and devastated right now. I haven't received anything yet in mail bout the reason. I also didn't get any RFE. The only update I got since the NOA1 is being transferred to California since I sent it to Chicago, like what their site say. What do you think are the common reasons for denial in EAD? I swear I followed every bits and pieces on how to prepare the paper works from visajourney, blogs and in the USCIS site itself. Please help...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I almost did the mistake putting a6 instead of c9 on question 16 I believe, it's the question where it asks "who may file I-765".

Is this something you may have put wrong?

A6 is for EAD before the i94 expires and c9 is a 1year permit. I've read people get denied because of this. (Without rfe)

I really can't remember. But I know I had problems answering that question before. How did they fix it?

If it was denied because you filed under (a)6 instead of ©9, you can file a new I-765. When submitting the application, include a copy of your NOA receipt from filing the I-485 and the fee will be waived. Processing will still take up to 90 days.

Eighteen years in the US and I still don't understand Velveeta, TV ads for prescription drugs, only getting 2 weeks paid vacation, or why anyone believes anything they see on Fox "News".

- Moved from K1 Process to AOS from Family-Based Visas Case Progress. OP has submitted AOS application and question is about EAD -

Eighteen years in the US and I still don't understand Velveeta, TV ads for prescription drugs, only getting 2 weeks paid vacation, or why anyone believes anything they see on Fox "News".

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really can't remember. But I know I had problems answering that question before. How did they fix it?

I would lay odds you would have your green card before USCIS finalized processing of a 2nd I-765 ... IMHO

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I would lay odds you would have your green card before USCIS finalized processing of a 2nd I-765 ... IMHO

Well GC can take up to a year and EAD takes between 30-90 days...

If that happens Hank, I don't need my EAD anymore right? Thank you guys for helping.

Correct, but since it's free you should probably file for a new EAD.

Well GC can take up to a year and EAD takes between 30-90 days...

Correct, but since it's free you should probably file for a new EAD.

Exactly this. Filing has no cost, and there's no way to know for sure how long it will take for the OP to receive her green card, so it makes far more sense to file a new I-765 than not to file one. There's no downside to filing.

Okay. I'll just file another EAD. It's just sad that I still need to wait another 90days before I can help my husband with the bills. :(

If that's only my mistake (question #16), they should have just send an RFE than giving a denial right away.

Not me. Just applied completed application for my wife's 2nd application for EAD/AP today. She will sign them & we'll mail them off tomorrow.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

None of us can remember all the paperwork, questions and answers

That is why it is so important to make a copy of everything you send out each and every time you do any paperwork for immigraiton or any offical site

Keep good records when you make your new application

and good luck to you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

SarahNick, pls do you mean that the EAD, AP, AOS must be filed concurrently? But how will someone show a.copy of receipt/other evidences that I-485 is pending, or what proofs will this pending application be when everything was filed together???. Pls enlighten and shed more light into this

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.