HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline

My opinion based on what I read from Nairobi Embassy.

You can submit the DS-160 now. Note here under Step 3:

Step 2: The National Visa Center, or USCIS Nairobi, processes the immigrant visa petition and sends it to the Nairobi Consular Section.

Step 3: The applicant completes the medical exams and paperwork required for the immigrant visa interview.

"...and paperwork..." would be for the DS-160.

The next step after that is very hazy. This is in regards to the interview appointment.

Here is the best information, and looks like the normal Packet 3 that everyone speaks about: http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/visa-packets.html

If it were me, this is just me talking, I would schedule the interview after submitting the DS-160. It seems like the same process that we are going through in Ethiopia. You will pay the Visa fee, setup DHL, etc.

Hope that helps, This is my opinion.

Thank you very much Jamie! I appreciate your help!

Hi everyone how are you doing all? Hoping for approvals this week.

I'm leaving PHILIPPINES on Feb 20th... Passport on its way... The courier called me early morning. Ticket booked. I'm gonna bring my passport tomorrow at the CFO for the sticker. I took the seminar earlier so I don't have to worry afterwards. :)

Regards, Erika

Visa timeline
CSC :goofy:(L)
I-129f sent 11/10/15
NOA 1 received 11/13/15

NOA 2 email/text 12/16/15

NOA 2 mail 12/21/15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm leaving PHILIPPINES on Feb 20th... Passport on its way... The courier called me early morning. Ticket booked. I'm gonna bring my passport tomorrow at the CFO for the sticker. I took the seminar earlier so I don't have to worry afterwards. :)

Regards, Erika

Congratulations Erika

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

Regards, Erika

Congrats!!!

still waiitng for NOA2 here....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Regards, Erika

:thumbs::thumbs::star::star::thumbs::thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Was reading through this forum and noticed people talking about Letters of intent. I just got a copy of everything my attorney submitted for our K1 petition. We have all the forms and a letter from me describing how we met, and basically our story. The ONE thing she didn't have us submit was a letter of intent like the sample form provided on this website. My letter is less formal letter and she didn't have my fiancé submit one at all. SO!! (By the way, I have had so many issues with this attorney and have spent all I have to hire her).

What do I do now? We got our NOA1 on November 23 and they said they didn't need anything else. I want to go ahead and send the two letters of intent to be added to our file. Maybe this is why ours is taking longer than everyone else's?? My question is, who do I send it to at this point? Our case is with the California processing center. I've already sent the form to my fiancée and she is going to overnight it to me at great expense so I can send them together to add to our file/ '

Any advice on how to address it? I have lost faith in my attorney and quite frankly can't afford to ask for her help. We are over 6K into this and we don't even have an NOA2

Help!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Was reading through this forum and noticed people talking about Letters of intent. I just got a copy of everything my attorney submitted for our K1 petition. We have all the forms and a letter from me describing how we met, and basically our story. The ONE thing she didn't have us submit was a letter of intent like the sample form provided on this website. My letter is less formal letter and she didn't have my fiancé submit one at all. SO!! (By the way, I have had so many issues with this attorney and have spent all I have to hire her).

What do I do now? We got our NOA1 on November 23 and they said they didn't need anything else. I want to go ahead and send the two letters of intent to be added to our file. Maybe this is why ours is taking longer than everyone else's?? My question is, who do I send it to at this point? Our case is with the California processing center. I've already sent the form to my fiancée and she is going to overnight it to me at great expense so I can send them together to add to our file/ '

Any advice on how to address it? I have lost faith in my attorney and quite frankly can't afford to ask for her help. We are over 6K into this and we don't even have an NOA2

Help!!

Sorry about the issues you have with the lawyer. There are many stories about that.

From what I know, and of course that is not much, you should wait for the RFE. It is a high probability that one will be issued. RFE is not a bad thing in this instance. It keeps it clean and simple. You respond with your letters, one from each of you, and then it is done.

Next is my high recommendation from this point forward, if you are going to continue with the lawyer make sure you verify what they submit and when. Watch everything, and don't trust anything. Which is opposite to trust and verify. Don't trust, and verify everything. You have this web site with smart people who are happy to assist.

You can recover... :thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sorry about the issues you have with the lawyer. There are many stories about that.

From what I know, and of course that is not much, you should wait for the RFE. It is a high probability that one will be issued. RFE is not a bad thing in this instance. It keeps it clean and simple. You respond with your letters, one from each of you, and then it is done.

Next is my high recommendation from this point forward, if you are going to continue with the lawyer make sure you verify what they submit and when. Watch everything, and don't trust anything. Which is opposite to trust and verify. Don't trust, and verify everything. You have this web site with smart people who are happy to assist.

You can recover... :thumbs:

Do you think it is bad if I go ahead and send it now? I can always resend if I get an RFE?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Do you think it is bad if I go ahead and send it now? I can always resend if I get an RFE?

With the RFE letter there is a blue sheet of paper that you need in order to send your reply. Do you have that?

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Help!!

6K? :secret: dump the attorney. Everything you need to know is right here. Seems like so many attorneys are out of touch with the K-! process and very much in touch with taking money.

I agree with Jaime. Wait until they ask for it. There could always be evidence that they want in addition to the Letters of Intent. Just keep it simple. They don't send the RFE until they have completed doing all of the background and cross-checks. That way if additional evidence is needed, all RFE's will (or should) be sent together. If you receive an RFE, they will include instructions on what to send and where to send it.

:time: Filling in your timeline makes it easier for the Master of Knowledge and Wisdom (Greenbaum) and others to help you.

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you to this website! Without it, we wouldn't be where we are. Instead of 3,000+ miles away we are now 3 feet away!

Want to encourage you all to keep going! You WILL reach an end to your visa journey and you WILL get to be with your love!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I love this. Thanks for the encouragement, and congratulations to you two!!

Oh my that is sooooo awesome!!!! we should all send pictures when we are finally together in real life. CANNOT WAIT.

This! ^^ Yes please, everyone post pics!

Size matters to the U.S. Government.

And apparently there are strings attached too...

:rofl::rofl:

Edited by EE&MY

AOS Journey

*Delay in filing due to typo on visa which took many calls, an InfoPass appointment, and about two months to resolve.

AOS/EAD/AP applications sent: 11/30/2016

NOA: 12/2/2016

RFE notice rec'd online: 12/21/2016

Biometrics appt. letter rec'd: 12/27/2016

RFE letter rec'd: 12/30/2016

Biometrics appointment: 1/4/2017

RFE response sent: 1/9/2017

RFE response receipt notice: 1/11/2017

Case status update text: 1/21/2017 (but no actual update available)

EAD/AP approval notice/card ordered (email and online): 2/13/2017

EAD/AP card mailed (e-notification): 2/15/2017

EAD/AP card received: 2/17/2017

Service request submitted: 7/11/2017

Service request processed: 8/4/2017

Service request response received (with no update): 8/9/2017

Interview letter received: 10/18/17

Interview appointment: 11/15/17

Approval: 11/15/17 

K1 Journey

Sent I-129F Packet: 11/25/2015
NOA1 (official date from hard copy): 12/2/2015

NOA1 e-notification: 12/3/2015

NOA2: 1/7/2016

Interview: 4/7/2016 - Approved!

Arrival: 5/30/2016 (POE Chicago O'Hare)

Marriage: 7/9/2016

Second (big) wedding: 11/12/2016

Timeline

Man this visa process really is a test of patience... it's almost 2 weeks since they got my RFE response.... still nothing...

We got our Noa2 after 3 weeks of RFE response.. I think we just need to have more parient. Soon you will hear something.

Timeline

We got our Noa2 after 3 weeks of RFE response.. I think we just need to have more parient. Soon you will hear something.

Thank you, I will maintain patience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.