HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Spenese, on 25 Jan 2016 - 2:54 PM, said:

Hello VJ family. ...please I need help on a question. I checked the CEAC website and my case say "READY" BUT I have received any notification either by email or mail from NVC. Please what next step do I expect? Can I go ahead a fill the DS-160 form, medicals as well as set interrier date even without receiving the hardcopy of notification from my embassy?....

Please I will appreciate any useful info.

Thanks

Always check with your Embassy instructions. Each Embassy is different. Most times you can complete your DS-160, medical and schedule your interview but like I said each Embassy is different so check their website for instructions.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

That's a good question. I'm sure that it varies with every country, but the hardcopy from NVC won't do you any favors. As long as you have the invoice number you are set to fill out the ds-160 etc

For example, I received the hardcopy last week, which by that time, we were at the embassy doing the interview...

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

I thought so too....because it's seem like it's taking so long to come in my mail. It's says it was case created on 21/01/2016, and status updated 25/01/2016.

I think by tomorrow I will go ahead with filling the ds-160 and the other stuffs.

Thanks

Always check with your Embassy instructions. Each Embassy is different. Most times you can complete your DS-160, medical and schedule your interview but like I said each Embassy is different so check their website for instructions.

Thanks Greenbaum...I will check out my embassy website right away.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Guys is anybody else still waiting for feedback? NOA1 NOVEMBER 24th and still no RFE or NOA2. Im starting to get worried. :(

Our timeline is the exact same thing. And yea I guess we were both forgotten by USCIS ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone....I'm back from my visit with my love...actually I've been back for a few days but have spent the time catching up on the last 40 pages of our group. :rofl:

So glad to see lots of progress...NOA2s, interviews scheduled, a visa approved, RFEs being completed...and thinking of those of you still waiting. I hope you hear soon!

I got lucky on my first call to NVC today. 12 minutes total, the nice lady on the phone told me they had just received our case so it would take some time for more information (she said 28 days from today), then I asked if we had a case number yet and she seemed surprised/thrown off script...then happily gave me our number! I immediately checked on the CEAC website where it said "At NVC." I checked again an hour later (because I'm obsessive I guess) and it now says "In transit!"

Now I'm freaking out a little about the speed, because I am still looking for a new job... :unsure: Does anyone know if you need to have had current income for a certain length of time or will one pay stub/letter from employer be enough? My taxes for the past 3 years are plenty high enough but not my current income (which is $0 right now). So if I get hired somewhere in the next few weeks, will that be ok?

AOS Journey

*Delay in filing due to typo on visa which took many calls, an InfoPass appointment, and about two months to resolve.

AOS/EAD/AP applications sent: 11/30/2016

NOA: 12/2/2016

RFE notice rec'd online: 12/21/2016

Biometrics appt. letter rec'd: 12/27/2016

RFE letter rec'd: 12/30/2016

Biometrics appointment: 1/4/2017

RFE response sent: 1/9/2017

RFE response receipt notice: 1/11/2017

Case status update text: 1/21/2017 (but no actual update available)

EAD/AP approval notice/card ordered (email and online): 2/13/2017

EAD/AP card mailed (e-notification): 2/15/2017

EAD/AP card received: 2/17/2017

Service request submitted: 7/11/2017

Service request processed: 8/4/2017

Service request response received (with no update): 8/9/2017

Interview letter received: 10/18/17

Interview appointment: 11/15/17

Approval: 11/15/17 

K1 Journey

Sent I-129F Packet: 11/25/2015
NOA1 (official date from hard copy): 12/2/2015

NOA1 e-notification: 12/3/2015

NOA2: 1/7/2016

Interview: 4/7/2016 - Approved!

Arrival: 5/30/2016 (POE Chicago O'Hare)

Marriage: 7/9/2016

Second (big) wedding: 11/12/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I finally got my RFE letter in the mail after a full week (sucks living on the east coast when the service center is west coast). I have to show that I did not meat her through a IMB and I forgot to mark that I was not a criminal. I thought it was going to be somthing completely different. I will mail it all our tomorrow and the waiting game starts again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I finally got my RFE letter in the mail after a full week (sucks living on the east coast when the service center is west coast). I have to show that I did not meat her through a IMB and I forgot to mark that I was not a criminal. I thought it was going to be somthing completely different. I will mail it all our tomorrow and the waiting game starts again.

Mine took a full week also and I am only in Washington State. I have a feeling even though they said they mailed it January 15th that it sat in their mailroom for a bit. Also, the holiday last Monday. Seems like many people are needing to clarify/ show evidence that they did not meet on IMB even though we all checked no. I guess they need specific details to be sure. Didn't take too much time to piece the evidence together. Good luck! Our wait won't be as long this time.... thank goodness.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Mine took a full week also and I am only in Washington State. I have a feeling even though they said they mailed it January 15th that it sat in their mailroom for a bit. Also, the holiday last Monday. Seems like many people are needing to clarify/ show evidence that they did not meet on IMB even though we all checked no. I guess they need specific details to be sure. Didn't take too much time to piece the evidence together. Good luck! Our wait won't be as long this time.... thank goodness.

I was reading back alittle before i head to my night classes at college tonight, that you got RFE for the same website as me. How long did you wait for the information and who did you contact for it on Okcupid?

many thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was reading back alittle before i head to my night classes at college tonight, that you got RFE for the same website as me. How long did you wait for the information and who did you contact for it on Okcupid?

many thanks

I submitted a help request via Okcupid's website on Saturday explaining the situation. I had an answer already first this this morning. So next business day.

I put the blue RFE copy on top, typed up an addressed and signed statement/cover letter referencing case number and RFE, beneficiary and petitioner names and a brief decription of our intitial contact on Okcupid. I put bulletpoints on the statement as well to say what I have attached. Then attached the email from Okcupid, terms of service, and a screenshot of our profiles (that part prob isn't necessary but doesn't hurt). I also highlighted on the screenshots where it says "free dating website". Free free free. I think they will get the point. Haha

Edited by Rileybrynn25

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I have been in bliss the past week knowing that my fiance will have her interview on the 2nd and on the 11th she will arrive....then today happens. On my way to work this morning, I texted my fiance to see how she was doing since I hadn't heard from her since Saturday. She tells me she wants to tell me something. My first thought was, "this is bad" (she never says that). She said she has something important she has to attend in March and cannot come until after that and we will have to change our plans.

Saying I am sad right now is an understatement. :crying: I was 2 weeks away from seeing her, now it is 2 months. And no one I know understands what i am going through, but I know you guys know how it feels. It is nice having a place to come to that has other people in the same process at the same time. I pray you all do not have setbacks and can be with the one you love soon.

I feel your pain. I'm heading off to Philippines to visit mine in less than 2 weeks.

Her interview is mid February but even if she gets her visa a week after they will not be coming here until Mid March. (schooling issue)

Well when I originally made the Feb reservations I had no idea we would be so far along in the process.

I saw one couple who applied for K-1 and visa was in hand no less than 2 months and 11 days after they sent in the paper work (not from Haiti)

Anyway just focus on wedding plans that's what I am doing once I return from our visit.

When Jaque finally sets here it will be that much sweeter for you.

Hang in there

Tyler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone....I'm back from my visit with my love...actually I've been back for a few days but have spent the time catching up on the last 40 pages of our group. :rofl:

So glad to see lots of progress...NOA2s, interviews scheduled, a visa approved, RFEs being completed...and thinking of those of you still waiting. I hope you hear soon!

I got lucky on my first call to NVC today. 12 minutes total, the nice lady on the phone told me they had just received our case so it would take some time for more information (she said 28 days from today), then I asked if we had a case number yet and she seemed surprised/thrown off script...then happily gave me our number! I immediately checked on the CEAC website where it said "At NVC." I checked again an hour later (because I'm obsessive I guess) and it now says "In transit!"

Now I'm freaking out a little about the speed, because I am still looking for a new job... :unsure: Does anyone know if you need to have had current income for a certain length of time or will one pay stub/letter from employer be enough? My taxes for the past 3 years are plenty high enough but not my current income (which is $0 right now). So if I get hired somewhere in the next few weeks, will that be ok?

Welcome back. I'm sure you enjoyed your trip.

Yes this is one of the busiest threads on K1.

Things sure move fast once NOA2 approval. Hang on.

Get those IRS transcripts from here for past 3 years.

Send your gal what you have regarding pay stubs and keep looking for a job is all you can really do.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Tyler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

So I have been in bliss the past week knowing that my fiance will have her interview on the 2nd and on the 11th she will arrive....then today happens. On my way to work this morning, I texted my fiance to see how she was doing since I hadn't heard from her since Saturday. She tells me she wants to tell me something. My first thought was, "this is bad" (she never says that). She said she has something important she has to attend in March and cannot come until after that and we will have to change our plans.

Saying I am sad right now is an understatement. :crying: I was 2 weeks away from seeing her, now it is 2 months. And no one I know understands what i am going through, but I know you guys know how it feels. It is nice having a place to come to that has other people in the same process at the same time. I pray you all do not have setbacks and can be with the one you love soon.

Absolutely know. I can tell you how my mind works I would be all over the place. But she does need to take care of whatever it is, because it maybe a year (or longer) before she'd be able to go back.

There is some sort of 'get out of jail' (USA) form she can submit to travel out of country while waiting for the Greencard, but it is iffy if Homeland will let her back in. So in my wild imagination it is better not to tempt fate and just stay in country until the Greencard is issued.

Plus no telling which way the politico wind will blow in Nov. You know about how all those Mexicans are just criminals (Mexican being the universal term for people from south of the border).

Yes, it is better she do whatever it is she's going to do now.

But I feel the pain......

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey y'all, just attempted my first call to the NVC, got through about 5 min in but no case number yet and she said they hadn't received it yet. Gave me the 35-day spiel.

We'll keep trying :)

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hey y'all, just attempted my first call to the NVC, got through about 5 min in but no case number yet and she said they hadn't received it yet. Gave me the 35-day spiel.

We'll keep trying :)

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Spenese, on 25 Jan 2016 - 2:54 PM, said:

Hello VJ family. ...please I need help on a question. I checked the CEAC website and my case say "READY" BUT I have received any notification either by email or mail from NVC. Please what next step do I expect? Can I go ahead a fill the DS-160 form, medicals as well as set interrier date even without receiving the hardcopy of notification from my embassy?....

Please I will appreciate any useful info.

Thanks

Here is something else that might help.

http://nigeria.usemb...visa_forms.html

Fiance/Fiancee visas (K1s, K3s)

If your K1 or K3 petition has been approved by the Department of Homeland Security and you have received notification from the National Visa Center that your petition is on its way to post, you should download and complete the following application. The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will contact you when your petition has arrived at post so that you may schedule your appointment. If you have questions, you may e-mailLagosIV@state.gov. [Click to open "Interview Preparatory Packet (K1, K3)"PDF 539KB] Also, please review the pamphlet “Information on the Legal Rights Available to Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence in the United States and Facts about Immigrating on a Marriage-Based Visa.” (PDF 53KB)

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

EE&MY, on 25 Jan 2016 - 4:27 PM, said:

A letter from your employer will do just fine along with the other requirements from your Embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.