HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we met in the early hours of 1 Jan 2011 at a new years party. good way to start! but after a visit in 2012 I broke up with her, in part because I didn't want to have a long distance relationship and I didn't want TO GO THRU THIS PROCESS. so, I'm about 2 years behind where I would've been in getting our visa if I had been smarter

she's 45, I'm 51. maybe I should've heeded Tony Curtis's advice, but as a bike nerd, I have a lovely Thai girl who does yoga, eats brown rice, and will ride bicycles with me in the countryside. happy with that.

That is so awesome story. Age is just a number as they say. She will grow sweeter and wiser with age.

Lucky for you she probably knows how to cook THAI food. OMG..or OMB (Oh my Buddha) 5555.

What an amazing country. When I retire I may take my future Filipina wife and kids THERE to live well at least part of the year.

Tyler

Timeline

Daisy and I are overjoyed we received our approval last night by text message. Good luck to those still waiting. Don't worry, it will come sooner than you think.

Hi first of all Congratulations!

I see you have over 40 posts here on VJ but I honestly don't remember seeing any of them on this thread so welcome.

Please tell us a little about your adventure so far if you like.

Join the club here and the new FB group as well created by Thread Mascot - Jaime

Tyler

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Blame it on "EL Chapo" that is what I would do...LOL

Now that he's caught all resources can be focused back on your petition.

hmmmm...what's this over in the mulberry bush just outside my hovel here in the shire?

Oh heck there it is! My crystal "VJ Ball of obscurity" - wooooo. :o ..what is that?

It seems to say an approval coming by 14th or sooner it flashed too fast but looked like I saw a bunch of chocolate covered M&M's.

Time will tell for (M)ichael&(M)ason but the ball is rarely wrong...except when it is.

Tyler

Funny you should say that! My fiance and I were just talking last night about how funny it would be if we got word (NOA2 or RFE at least...) on Jan. 13. See, 13 is our lucky number. Our anniversary is on the 13, everything good happens to us in 13s. So hopefully your crystal ball is right!!!

Added... sorry about that.

Those in our group still waiting for NOA2:

Rileybrynn25

Gc&dl

ERTexas

Kehinde

Kikibooboo

NJMB2015

Michele&Mason

LoveinUganda (please keep us posted)

Dashalcuin

Ninetails

I think there are 2 more names that I missed waiting on their NOA2

Not necessarily a list I like being a part of ? Hopefully next week is our week, for all of us on the list!

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Timeline

Funny you should say that! My fiance and I were just talking last night about how funny it would be if we got word (NOA2 or RFE at least...) on Jan. 13. See, 13 is our lucky number. Our anniversary is on the 13, everything good happens to us in 13s. So hopefully your crystal ball is right!!!

Not necessarily a list I like being a part of ? Hopefully next week is our week, for all of us on the list!

I totally get that. Not that it helps any, but your not alone. Wishing good luck to you with that lucky 13 date... or before!!

:secret: Tyler is really good on predictions.

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hahaha...great job! Mark Zuckerberg will be happy as well.

I love the the fact that there is still no "1" just "i-29f" LOL...oh and of course the "bag" :rofl:

The no "1" is in memorial to our grandmother: HappyLaytons

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Decided to run my app again to get updated numbers for November:

Nov 2 : 62% Approved, 26% Received,  4% outstanding RFE, 9% Evidence Received
Nov 6 : 46% Approved,  7% Received, 42% outstanding RFE
Nov 12: 58% Approved, 18% Received, 26% outstanding RFE
Nov 17: 51% Approved, 48% Received,  1% outstanding RFE
Nov 25: 38% Approved, 62% Received,  0% outstanding RFE

"Received" basically means that there was no status update (untouched?)

Edited by EricAndOrn

event.png

Added... sorry about that.

Rileybrynn25

Gc&dl

ERTexas

Kehinde

Kikibooboo

NJMB2015

Michele&Mason

Dashalcuin

Ninetails

I think there are 2 more names that I missed waiting on their NOA2

I think we may be 1 of the 2. NAO1 on Nov 6, RFE on Jan 8. Now I am eager to find out what information it is that we didn't provide enough evidence of. I'm almost relieved, at least there is SOME movement.

I was one the few that actually thought that hiring an attorney would prevent this from happening.I figured that they should know exactly what information was enough; apparently I am mistaken.

AOS/AD,EAD

2016-06-20 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

2016-06-22 Package received

2016-07-01 check cashed

2016-07-05 NOA1 email messages received

2016-07-08 received 3 NOA1 hard copies

2016-07-15 Biometrics letter received, scheduled for July 29

2016-07-19 Biometrics completed, walk-in at Morrisville, NC office

2016-07-25 All 3 receipt numbers start showing up online

2016-08-15 I-485 status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

2016-08-27 Received notices that EAD and AP are approved

2016-09-03 Received I-797 approval notices for EAD/AP in the mail

2016-09-06 Received EAD/AP combo card

2016-09-22 Interviewed Sep. 22, Green card not approved due to missing paperwork

2016-09-26 Submitted missing documentation

2016-09-28 Received text messages for I-485 "new card ordered" and "case was approved"

​2016-09-29 Went o local office to have passport stamped with I-551

2016-10-05 Green card arrived via Priority Mail (105 days)

Timeline

I think we may be 1 of the 2. NAO1 on Nov 6, RFE on Jan 8. Now I am eager to find out what information it is that we didn't provide enough evidence of. I'm almost relieved, at least there is SOME movement.

I was one the few that actually thought that hiring an attorney would prevent this from happening.I figured that they should know exactly what information was enough; apparently I am mistaken.

As you eluded to, they are working on it and you are now at the top of the stack. RFE is a minor hiccup and as the "Grand Poobah", mentor of those seeking fiances from Philippines, says... the quicker you return the requested information, the quicker you will be approved.

Rileybrynn25

Gc&dl

ERTexas

Kehinde

Kikibooboo

NJMB2015

Michele&Mason

Dashalcuin

Ninetails

RB & CC (please keep us posted)

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I totally get that. Not that it helps any, but your not alone. Wishing good luck to you with that lucky 13 date... or before!!

:secret: Tyler is really good on predictions.

That's what I hear! Hopefully it works in our case :)

Decided to run my app again to get updated numbers for November:

Nov 2 : 62% Approved, 26% Received,  4% outstanding RFE, 9% Evidence Received
Nov 6 : 46% Approved,  7% Received, 42% outstanding RFE
Nov 12: 58% Approved, 18% Received, 26% outstanding RFE
Nov 17: 51% Approved, 48% Received,  1% outstanding RFE
Nov 25: 38% Approved, 62% Received,  0% outstanding RFE

"Received" basically means that there was no status update (untouched?)

Well this strangely makes me feel a little better. Looking at that small list from earlier was making me feel like I'm one of the last standing!

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

thanks tyler!

you know the funny thing is, most Thai people don't know how to cook! the food is so awesome and cheap and just everywhere, there is no need to even learn unless you are on the business of making food.

fortunately, we tried having a restaurant last year...the business failed and I lost my ~$2000 investment, to her great distress. oh my buddha she was so upset and ashamed about what happened.

but in that time her mom taught her to cook, and I'll be eating great Thai food for the next few decades...best $2 grand I ever spent!!! ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Haha! :rofl:

Seems like all the good news for me happens on Friday. Maybe I will try my Saturday luck and play the Powerball. Win that and there will be a Huge party!!

Yep, MNL and ID numbers in hand

I never do this but I actually bought a Powerball ticket today....I used the 10 digits from our WAC case number for the first 5 picks, and our NOA2 date as the Powerball number... :hehe::hehe: AND I have managed to not tell him about our NOA2 yet somehow! Wouldn't it be great if I told him that in person AND that we won $800 million?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm going crazy right now, because he's at the airport about to leave to meet me in Mexico tomorrow....I'm freaking out because he has 26 hours of travel through three airports/flights/customs/passport controls and he's never traveled internationally before. Aaaaghh!! :help::help::help:

AOS Journey

*Delay in filing due to typo on visa which took many calls, an InfoPass appointment, and about two months to resolve.

AOS/EAD/AP applications sent: 11/30/2016

NOA: 12/2/2016

RFE notice rec'd online: 12/21/2016

Biometrics appt. letter rec'd: 12/27/2016

RFE letter rec'd: 12/30/2016

Biometrics appointment: 1/4/2017

RFE response sent: 1/9/2017

RFE response receipt notice: 1/11/2017

Case status update text: 1/21/2017 (but no actual update available)

EAD/AP approval notice/card ordered (email and online): 2/13/2017

EAD/AP card mailed (e-notification): 2/15/2017

EAD/AP card received: 2/17/2017

Service request submitted: 7/11/2017

Service request processed: 8/4/2017

Service request response received (with no update): 8/9/2017

Interview letter received: 10/18/17

Interview appointment: 11/15/17

Approval: 11/15/17 

K1 Journey

Sent I-129F Packet: 11/25/2015
NOA1 (official date from hard copy): 12/2/2015

NOA1 e-notification: 12/3/2015

NOA2: 1/7/2016

Interview: 4/7/2016 - Approved!

Arrival: 5/30/2016 (POE Chicago O'Hare)

Marriage: 7/9/2016

Second (big) wedding: 11/12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

thanks tyler!

you know the funny thing is, most Thai people don't know how to cook! the food is so awesome and cheap and just everywhere, there is no need to even learn unless you are on the business of making food.

fortunately, we tried having a restaurant last year...the business failed and I lost my ~$2000 investment, to her great distress. oh my buddha she was so upset and ashamed about what happened.

but in that time her mom taught her to cook, and I'll be eating great Thai food for the next few decades...best $2 grand I ever spent!!! ;)

That is true. Many Thais in the city don't have any facility to cook. Much easier to just buy food on the street. Fortunately my fiancee is a reasonable cook and I like Thai food. I cook a lot of Thai food myself, it's actually pretty easy to do.

best $2 grand I ever spent!!! ;)

While we were waiting for the visa process to get rolling, my fiancee took a few courses in Bangkok. One of them was to learn Thai massage. I think I will enjoy that $100 investment. :rolleyes:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Speaking of Thai food...

I just loved this humorous video, perhaps it can help folks pass a few minutes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.