HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

tyler007, on 23 Dec 2015 - 3:30 PM, said:

Thanks for this tidbit. I just fired them off an email and got the generic auto response that they will reply in order received so maybe by 2017 I'll hear something back...LOL

Hopefully sooner it can't hurt.

Merry Christmas Greenbaum to you and your family.

sorry 12/15 NOA 2 not 11/15

Let us know if you get something back from NVC. I did when I emailed them. Took about 2 weeks for the reply. I enjoyed your story about the perverts. They were lucking to see the light of day next morning.

Merry Christmas to you and yours Tyler007. Have a blessed holiday and safe travels.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Jaime & Aisha, on 23 Dec 2015 - 3:24 PM, said:

You guys....all this banter about meeting online, chatting, etc makes me feel like an odd ball (I am, but that is besides the point). I'm obviously stuck in the pre-21st century (along with Gilligan, and using the phone versus text). No wonder the reviewer's taking so much time with my case they can't relate; we met in person (man sees girl, man meets girl--had to risk rejection), actually dated for several months (like in the old days), we met each other's friends, and talk on the phone (no skype, no Facebook, no social media). And we meet every 4 months....so strange in this modern day. Harder to document, so modern society don't like it.

Any who...

Since we have an unusual situation out of the norm. I'm going to ask the friends I still know in those places to write a letter attesting to our relationship, and get it stamped by the government -- like a notary. Since apparently a letter from a Catholic priest doesn't seem to carry much weight. Maybe that will help. See if her cousin can pen letters for her parents, they don't read/write, and get notarized as well.

I'm also in full planning for the marriage. Putting together invite list, venue (San Antonio Riverwalk), catering, honeymoon, etc. We already have the wedding dress, and rings. I'll have that printed up and ready for the interview.

Also got an idea from one of you guys, private message, to move her to Addis and get her in English immersion class ASAP to prep for the interview. That is a brilliant idea. Instead of me, and her cousin, trying to do all the teaching (hard to do since we're family), send her to school--or private tutor. Perhaps get 5-7 weeks of daily teaching in before the interview. That is now in the works.

The phones are down again....

The Embassy in the Philippines will ask the beneficiary if they would like an interpreter for the interview. Provided free of charge. I think your Embassy may do the same. Of course, you still may want to help her with her English as it will be beneficial in the long run.

tfbm78, on 23 Dec 2015 - 4:09 PM, said:

Yay, as of today mine says it is in transit from the NVC!

I found this searching around. It supposedly shows you how to track your package via DHL. :-)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/530927-how-to-track-your-packet-from-nvc-to-the-us-embassy/

I havent gotten mine to come up yet but I am assuming tomorrow I can try since it shipped today.

Bryan

Some it works for and others it does not. I just helped someone else, I think they are in the December group, and we couldn't trace there package, but it might have been because it was China. China is difficult to process through.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

The Embassy in the Philippines will ask the beneficiary if they would like an interpreter for the interview. Provided free of charge. I think your Embassy may do the same. Of course, you still may want to help her with her English as it will be beneficial in the long run.

I thought since our common language between us is English, that she had to speak English at the interview. That it would be a red flag if she didn't. Am I wrong? Please advise.

We speak together in a highly modified version, that uses a lot of references to other things to mean different things. We're pretty much on the same wave length so it is easy for us, but not always easy for people who aren't used to this sort of modification.

Example: "big shoes" translates to "high heels". "Normal shoes" translates to "flats or sandals". "Normal big dress" translates to "Long dress, that provides a lot of coverage". "No big money" translates to "inexpensive". "No go crazy" translates to "Don't get angry". "No talk big" translates to "Don't shout". "Baby go school" translates to "children go to school".

Not to hard to figure out, but you do have to be tuned into it. And she understands English the same way. I'm not sure if the interviewer will understand this, or have the patience for it.

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

Facebook is pretty good. I just found my long lost cousins I haven't seen in forever. They work at Ultimate USA Weddings (Ultimate USA Weddings). The Twins, if you ever have seen that show.

I thought since our common language between us is English, that she had to speak English at the interview. That it would be a red flag if she didn't. Am I wrong? Please advise.

We speak together in a highly modified version, that uses a lot of references to other things to mean different things. We're pretty much on the same wave length so it is easy for us, but not always easy for people who aren't used to this sort of modification.

Example: "big shoes" translates to "high heels". "Normal shoes" translates to "flats or sandals". "Normal big dress" translates to "Long dress, that provides a lot of coverage". "No big money" translates to "inexpensive". "No go crazy" translates to "Don't get angry". "No talk big" translates to "Don't shout". "Baby go school" translates to "children go to school".

Not to hard to figure out, but you do have to be tuned into it. And she understands English the same way. I'm not sure if the interviewer will understand this, or have the patience for it.

Speaking in her own language will have no bearing on the approval. They are going to interview her 5-10 minutes tops. They just want to make sure you two are a couple and since you'll be there I know that question won't be asked. She will need to understand English for her naturalization down the road. She will need to write an English sentence and the test is in English.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Speaking in her own language will have no bearing on the approval. They are going to interview her 5-10 minutes tops. They just want to make sure you two are a couple and since you'll be there I know that question won't be asked. She will need to understand English for her naturalization down the road. She will need to write an English sentence and the test is in English.

Oh my gosh!!! Really. You are the great one. Relief. That is so awesome news. That will make it 100% easy for her. She can now talk away, and give details.

Thank you oh Great One! That is a christmas present, almost as good as the NOA2 (almost). One level of stress removed.

No problem with down the road. She's intent on going to school to beef up her English. She speaks to some extent French, Arabic, Somali, Aramaic, Oromo, English, Afar. All learned informally.

One thing I know for certain about people in that part of the world, not sure about the rest, they learn languages fast--incredibly fast.

I met a ditch digger who knew 5 languages. He told me he learned (he spoke good English) English from the radio--Armed Forces Radio, just listening every afternoon.

A security guard spoke better Spanish than me, put me to shame. Learned it from Puerto Rican national guard who were there for a year. In a year, just listening. And I did meet homeless people in town who could speak Spanish as well--One time I tried to pretend I wasn't American and didn't speak English so as to not get pestered with handouts, imagine my surprise when they pulled out the Spanish....dooh

Once again, thank you for that tidbit. Truly appreciated.....

Now im just waiting waiting waiting and more waiting

tick tock tick tock. :clock:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A little birdie told me NVC and USCIS is closing at 2pm tomorrow for Christmas Eve.

No surprise to us as we already knew of the early closing. I didn't know what time...

Just called NVC. Of course they brushed me off and said try again next week :rofl:

NVC's automated system does say that they will will close at 2pm.

:secret: Unofficial Christmas party 12 to 2 :pop:

I thought they already had their party...

Edited by Ted & Janine

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

:wow: you think there is going to be a party from 12-2?

How long to prep? :rofl: yeap no surprises here.

And with the media thrashing they have been taking, my bet is management is giving a lot of leeway.

Timeline

:wow: you think there is going to be a party from 12-2?

How long to prep? :rofl: yeap no surprises here.

And with the media thrashing they have been taking, my bet is management is giving a lot of leeway.

This is third-hand. Supposedly potluck lunch and refreshments. But two hours? That sounds like a party.

I would not want their job. Just from what I have read and been told, not the easiest of government jobs

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

This is third-hand. Supposedly potluck lunch and refreshments. But two hours? That sounds like a party.

I would not want their job. Just from what I have read and been told, not the easiest of government jobs

ultimate paper pushing with quotas. I can imagine high pressure, little recognition, high quotas, the worst. Too bad we can't be told, after we are married perhaps, who our reviewer was...we owe that person a lot. I would send them a thank you card on the anniversary of the NOA2 every year, with a picture of our family. Because they made it possible.

Instead they get beat up for not reading the mind of a sicko, and never get to hear or see the good they do.

:goofy:

Timeline

A little birdie told me NVC and USCIS is closing at 2pm tomorrow for Christmas Eve.

No surprise to us as we already knew of the early closing. I didn't know what time...

Just called NVC. Of course they brushed me off and said try again next week :rofl:

NVC's automated system does say that they will will close at 2pm.

:secret: Unofficial Christmas party 12 to 2 :pop:

I thought they already had their party...

If they had a party it was probably a while ago. More than likely just a skeleton crew left. Heck might just be one manager and one person answering phones. I called 2 days in a row and same lady "Kelly" answered.

I guess I'll wish her Merry Christmas first thing in the morning tomorrow...haha

Ok just 2 more hours to go until we get some of the last NOA 2's for the week.

I'm just hoping the one who's name I will not mention gets an approval TONIGHT....Yes YOU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

No problem with down the road. She's intent on going to school to beef up her English. She speaks to some extent French, Arabic, Somali, Aramaic, Oromo, English, Afar. All learned informally.

One thing I know for certain about people in that part of the world, not sure about the rest, they learn languages fast--incredibly fast.

I met a ditch digger who knew 5 languages. He told me he learned (he spoke good English) English from the radio--Armed Forces Radio, just listening every afternoon.

A security guard spoke better Spanish than me, put me to shame. Learned it from Puerto Rican national guard who were there for a year. In a year, just listening. And I did meet homeless people in town who could speak Spanish as well--One time I tried to pretend I wasn't American and didn't speak English so as to not get pestered with handouts, imagine my surprise when they pulled out the Spanish....dooh

Once again, thank you for that tidbit. Truly appreciated.....

Always found it interesting how people from certain parts of the world can learn many languages with ease. I have to say I am jealous, what I wouldn't give to know 5 languages. I think that is one of the coolest things in the world. I am having a tough time learning Portuguese to communicate with my fiance (she does not speak any English yet). But I keep studying.

ultimate paper pushing with quotas. I can imagine high pressure, little recognition, high quotas, the worst. Too bad we can't be told, after we are married perhaps, who our reviewer was...we owe that person a lot. I would send them a thank you card on the anniversary of the NOA2 every year, with a picture of our family. Because they made it possible.

Instead they get beat up for not reading the mind of a sicko, and never get to hear or see the good they do.

:goofy:

It would be very nice to tell them how much we appreciate them. Sad. Without that approval, I would probably never get to be with the one I love. So I will always be grateful to that person who reviewed my petition. They may think, "It is just apart of our job". But the effect they have on many lives is unimaginable.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I wish we could thank them somehow too! Are we allowed to send thank you cards or gifts? Lol

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Shawn&Jaque, on 23 Dec 2015 - 10:10 PM, said:

Always found it interesting how people from certain parts of the world can learn many languages with ease. I have to say I am jealous, what I wouldn't give to know 5 languages. I think that is one of the coolest things in the world. I am having a tough time learning Portuguese to communicate with my fiance (she does not speak any English yet). But I keep studying.

It would be very nice to tell them how much we appreciate them. Sad. Without that approval, I would probably never get to be with the one I love. So I will always be grateful to that person who reviewed my petition. They may think, "It is just apart of our job". But the effect they have on many lives is unimaginable.

I think a lot of them know. I am sure they have thought about what it is like to "walk a mile in your shoes" so if you don't look like your committing a scam, or are a bad guy and you meet their guidelines in all respects, then I think they can find it easy to stamp your ticket to move forward. There are times when someone tries a fast one and then they get the letter that says "do not pass go, do not collect $200" and it's the end of the road.

It burns me up when I hear someone who bitches about the wait, the money, the stupid rules, the this and the that. :girlwerewolf2xn: If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. This is a process not for the weak or the faint of heart. If you follow the rules, have some patience you will get to the top of the HILL. Remember, they have the GOLD so they get to make the rules. Ok, sorry back to what I was doing.... :pop:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.