Update

36 posts in this topic

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you all for the feedback I know that I will get some great input from this group...It is the whole situation that is taking place in Casablanca that worries me...but it will be just few more hours and the mistery will be solved...I am still very anxious but as most of you said the fact that they told him that he will be contacted in 2 weeks sounds promissing. My only worry is that they have let him keep the passport and I thought that they will be the one keeping it but I probably am just getting ahead of myself...thanks again ladies...I will keep you posted. Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline
Thank you all for the feedback I know that I will get some great input from this group...It is the whole situation that is taking place in Casablanca that worries me...but it will be just few more hours and the mistery will be solved...I am still very anxious but as most of you said the fact that they told him that he will be contacted in 2 weeks sounds promissing. My only worry is that they have let him keep the passport and I thought that they will be the one keeping it but I probably am just getting ahead of myself...thanks again ladies...I will keep you posted. Dorothy

Dorothy, sometimes they keep the passport, other times they will call and ask for it later. Don't be surprised if they call him to bring it in and let him wait a few more weeks before they call him to come pick it up. Unfortunately that is normal for Morocco.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They did not keep my husbands passport and gave him a 221g for administrative processing. Depends on the CO I think.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

OK then, I will keep my hopes up and now the much harder task is to get Jamal back on his feet ...after he called me from Casablanca he was crushed as he felt that the officer who interviewed him just closed the door on him and the 2 week is just an excuse to cut him short...but now after I read all of your messages I feel much better and will get it all clarified tonight...may God bless you all and for these who are still on thir initial journey may it be fast and painless...it sounds like a wishful thinking on my side since this group has seen so much heartache and problems...on the other hand I feel that this group is so special and so brave. So many of you ladies are my inspiration and may love be our guide and blessing...thank you...Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Timeline

Shonjaved - I read your compalation of the experiences in Islamabad, very interesting and somehow disturbing but educational, thanks for sharing...Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Timeline

:unsure:X "Section 221g which prohibits the issuance of visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant to the following remarks apply in your case: Your application requires administrative processing. We will contact you when this processing is complete." :huh:

this seems to be the gist of what was on the page given to Jamal on the interview today...I hope that it still gives us the hope of reunification in the near future in NY...otherwise I got to be planning my move to Morocco even though I have no idea how I could do that financially but as they say nothing is impossible...I just want my man with me and will not let the government mess this up for me...lol...Thank you all for your support.

Dorothy

Edited by ella74ny

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

:unsure:X "Section 221g which prohibits the issuance of visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant to the following remarks apply in your case: Your application requires administrative processing. We will contact you when this processing is complete." :huh:

this seems to be the gist of what was on the page given to Jamal on the interview today...I hope that it still gives us the hope of reunification in the near future in NY...otherwise I got to be planning my move to Morocco even though I have no idea how I could do that financially but as they say nothing is impossible...I just want my man with me and will not let the government mess this up for me...lol...Thank you all for your support.

Dorothy

Dorothy, this is actually really good news. That's exactly what those of us who had the name check/ security clearance received on our papers. It appears that Jamal actually got the visa, so congratulations! Now you just have to wait for the "administrative processing", which could take anywhere from 1-6 weeks based on other people who've gone through Morocco here.

This is good, trust me! I know, my fiance and I were CRUSHED when we got this paper, and nobody at the consulate would tell either of us what it meant, but it's really routine for people whose visas have been approved.

They didn't keep the passports for most of us, usually they called our SOs and they brought their passport in, then got the visa a few days later.

just hang in there, you'll be together soon!

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Wow, it seems that this is the world's worst embassy by far! Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Wow, it seems that this is the world's worst embassy by far! Good luck

Maybe we should all get together and chip in for a trophy we can send to them. We can all sign it and call the trophy "The Worst Consulate In The World" Think they'd get the hint?

That's really great news Dorothy. I think that those of us whose fiancee's had their passports kept in Casablanca were by far in the minority of those who got visas. I personally think the ones they kept the day my Abdel interviewed were just because it was during Ramadan and they were either in a good mood, or wanted to be able to go home earlier that month so they actually did things more efficient to save time. :huh:

Sounds like it's time for you to start cleaning closets.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Dorothy,

Sharon's right.... this looks like yet another typical Administrative Review, just like what is given to almost every other case going through Morocco (and most Muslim countries.) I know it seems scary the way they phrase it, but it's really almost de rigeur nowadays to get a 221g for AR.

Hope you're feeling better after reading the comments here... and can reassure your fiance. It's nerve-wracking to go through this, but insha'allah they will finish processing your review very soon.

Wishing you best of luck for a speedy conclusion !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ella, keep your head up and please dont bottle up your frustrations like I had. This is truly a roller coaster ride on your emotions. ((((((hug)))))

Hopefully by June your honey will be here.

Kathy

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Timeline

Ladies, ladies...how would I manage in this world without you all...as always I find wonderful feedback and so much help and support from all of you...many, many thanks from myself and Jamal...as far as Casablanca goes...it is a true dissaster what they are doing there but I guess one, after reading so much about their lack of competence, just expects the worse...last night I had such nightmares about Jamal being rejected...it was like a series of short films each one showing a different form of rejection so when he read to me the very first line of 221g, I was devastated...but now thanks to all of you I have hope and actually feel that I am closer to getting my man next to me in a very short time...so once again thank you all and my God bless each and everyone of you for your resilence, perseverence and courage...

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

hey.. the embassy told you 2 weeks for AR right? if i were you make SURE hubby has visa in hand before you make any plans!!! we were told 45 days on the 221g paper it is now 8 months later no visa in hand.

mary was told the same thing. its now over 93 days. I think although we are with ISL pakistan embassy there will be no disagreement when we all can say " we heard that before" - so advise again wait til visa in hand. it could be issued sooner or later. with all the security checks no telling how long anything can take.

I hope you take the time to read the ADMIN review Link I gave you.

http://www.wolfsdorf.com/articles/Consular...ng_20050524.htm

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.