~*Dorothy*~

Update

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi to all!

:crying: My darling had an interview today in Casa and it seems that he was interviewed by the infamous woman that is handing 221g like candy on Halloween...well he is all depressed but I am not losing hope, not just yet...He mentioned that she just looked at the huge stock of e-mails, nothing else of all the documents that he had with him...she drilled him with questions about me and handed him 221g with option 1 marked as a reason for his ineligibilty...not sure what it means as his english is pretty bad (we both communicate in Spanish) and told him that they will get in touch with him in 2 weeks...He mentioned that there was another gentleman (from Mknes - his fiancee is from NY just like me) being interviewed by someone else and he got the same answer...I am so worried just because my Jamal tends to take rejection with great difficulty and it just breaks my heart to see him suffer... :angry: I am so worried and pissed, yes very pissed that Casablanca is not taking our cases with the amount of attention that they deserve and tend to make decision based on>>>who knows what...this process has been very stressful for both of us and I just want to be happy that is all that I am asking for but I guess the officers in Casablanca see things in a very different light...Sorry that I am writing so much but it feels better to let it all out...I am going for a job interview in few hours and mu heart is breaking but I will not give in to the feelings of despair and will fight for what i believe in...thank you all for listening and may God bless you all. :(

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

221 g can be for AR/AP and not a denial. So try and get a copy of his form and look at it. Almost all men coming from here are given some type of AR. Chin up and hopefully he will have his visa in hand shortly.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
221 g can be for AR/AP and not a denial. So try and get a copy of his form and look at it. Almost all men coming from here are given some type of AR. Chin up and hopefully he will have his visa in hand shortly.

Mary

Thanks Mary! this is what I am hoping that is happening I will stay positive until the end... I got to be strong for him...it is not good if both of us will go into pieces..thank you (F)

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow, you had your interview three months from filing the I-129F?

I would suspect (although definately don't know for sure) that they haven't finished processing all of the documents and doing all of the name checking thingies.

DH had his interview 6 months after we filed, and they still took an extra 5 weeks to review all of his stuff after the interview.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

I would suspect (although definately don't know for sure) that they haven't finished processing all of the documents and doing all of the name checking thingies.

DH had his interview 6 months after we filed, and they still took an extra 5 weeks to review all of his stuff after the interview.

Believe me I was surprised of the whole situation myself wondering if that is a good or bed omen so now after the interview still no clear answers...I got to be patient...Thanks for your response

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Timeline

Don't panic, Ella. Check the wording under the 221g. My husband's said something like, "we will contact you when administrative processing is complete." He got the visa about 10 days later.

Timeline

Thanks to all of you...I am just a little stressed by not knowing all the details but only until tonight and then I will try to see what our options are...Believe me when I find out the date I was in a state of disbelief since it was about 2 weeks since my third trip to Morocco and I basically has 1 week to get it all ready for him, imagine I fedexed all and it cost $195 to get it there in 3 days...I am just so overwhelmed by the entire process but I love my man and want him here with me...

Thank you all

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dorothy,

It is probably just a hold up if she told him they will contact him in about two weeks. If they had denied him, they wouldn't be contacting him again. My husband was called one week after his K-1 interview. I would keep my hopes up high and keep each other together. I'm sure everything will be ok and he will receive the call to come pick up his visa after the checking is over.

Doreen :D

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Timeline
Dorothy,

It is probably just a hold up if she told him they will contact him in about two weeks. If they had denied him, they wouldn't be contacting him again. My husband was called one week after his K-1 interview. I would keep my hopes up high and keep each other together. I'm sure everything will be ok and he will receive the call to come pick up his visa after the checking is over.

Doreen :D

Thank you Doreen, I appreciate your kind words and you are a great inspiration to me...stay well I will try to stay come...regards, Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i am so sorry to hear that they gave your jamal the 221g... like the others said, it may just be for the AR... keep up your spirits... don't give up...

i for one am praying for you both... wishing you alllllllllll the best!

good luck on the job too! *hugs*

Blessings,

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I see they had Vermont as a Service Center. That might be why they process applications much faster.

Dont worry! Im sure its not a denial you know Morocco is becoming famous for AR. I wouldnt worry about the English level of your fiance either. You already proved to them that both of you speak Spanish so they cant count that against you. Try not to worry things will work out!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Aww bless your heart! I understand how stressed you are right now, but rest assured it sounds like the typical AR. This is very common.

Just to be sure you will want to let us know the notes they have under the checked box. If it is typical AR it will say something like they will call you when they have finished the administrative review. If they want more documentation it will say that as well. This is pretty basic stuff. The one you want to look out for is when it says they are sending it back to the CIS for further review. I doubt this is what they have done since they told you they would contact him in 2 weeks.

Hugs to ya!

Edited by Morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

I bet you anything it's just "administrative processing" Definitely get him to scan in the paper and send it to you, or have him type out what it says. Ours said something like:

You are found to be ineligible for the visa for the following reasons:

And then "Other" was checked and it said "administrative processing". We waited 5 weeks, then he got a call to bring in his passport and he had the visa 5 days later.

Don't be so sure this is bad news, this may be just the standard protocol!

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.