Kiwan

Nvc or embassy

80 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got check list At 23 October . Unable to understand do I have to take these documents at time of interview now or should I have to send some to nvc, kindly help to read this checlist. Plz help

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kiwan, you should edit those thumbnails to take the names out, I think.

2009/09/30 Married
IR-1 begins: 2015/07/07 Courier I-130 petition to Chicago

2015/07/08 Petition delivered | NOA1 date
2015/07/10 Received emailed NOA1 (California) 2015/07/20 Received snail mail NOA1
2015/08/25 NOA2 by email/USCIS site (48 days) 2015/09/02 Received snail mail NOA2

2015/09/15 Received by NVC (21 days)

2015/09/27 Case number assigned (12 days) 2015/09/28 Got case number and IIN over the phone
2015/09/28 Submitted DS-261 2015/09/29 Paid AOS fee (IN PROCESS) 2015/10/01 AOS fee PAID
2015/10/13 Received NVC Welcome Letter hard copy
2015/10/15 Reviewed DS-261 (17 days)
2015/10/16 Received IV Invoice 2015/10/16 Paid IV fee (IN PROCESS)

2015/10/17 Submitted AOS package & IV package 2015/10/19 IV fee PAID 2015/10/19 Submitted DS-260 (scan date)

2015/10/20 Re-sent files (new scan date) 2015/10/29 CASE COMPLETE!

2015/11/13 Heard about interview date (phone) (15 days) 2015/12/07 Medical

2015/12/18 INTERVIEW! 221(g) request for additional sponsor. Otherwise good to go!

2016/01/07 Additional information and passport sent back to Mtl Consulate.

2016/01/12 Passport & 221g delivered to Consulate

2016/01/14 Status updated on CEAC; no update yet on ais.usvisa-info.com

2016/01/28 Status updated to READY 2016/01/29 Status updated to ISSUED

2016/02/01 Received Canada Post info 2016/02/03 Got it!

2016/02/04 POE YVR

2016/03/18 Received green card

2018/11/08 Submitted N-400 online

2018/11/09 Estimated wait time: 31 Days  2018/11/09 Estimated case completion time: 11 months

2018/11/10 Biometrics appt scheduled 2018/11/13 Appointment letter received online

2018/11/27 Biometrics appt

2019/02/25 Interview scheduled

2019/04/01 Interview: APPROVED

2019/04/23 Oath Ceremony

2020/04/03 Elected to local office

Timeline

It says you can take it to the interview but you need to fix alot of things so make sure it is perfect at the interview.

So should me wait for an other call later from nvc or should we send documents.cos if u read they said we will hold ur paitition untill u send documents.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

On third page and third paragrap it say ur case will b hold untill u send the items we need.

best way to find out call them on monday...checklist is little confusing..one more thing your co sponsor is not making enough money...so you need to fix that too

Edited by bond1980

Timeline

best way to find out call them on monday...checklist is little confusing..one more thing your co sponsor is not making enough money...so you need to fix that too

Yes u are rite best way it to call monday. But some say it's up to consular office if they combine my wife and co sponsor income.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You got several different checklists and it seems that they're saying that you need to correct your i-864 and have your wife bring it to the embassy. On the other hand, you missed a lot of information on the joint sponsor's i-864, so that you need to send to NVC.

You need to read each checklist for itself, you can't combine them and get one answer. E.g. we got one checklist saying that it appears we may not meet the federal poverty guidelines but to save time, we could have a joint sponsor fill out an i-864 for me to bring to my embassy interview. The second checklist said that we needed to write my husband's zero income on question 13b and send his new i-864 to NVC. So while one checklist says bring to the interview, another checklist can say that you need to send it to NVC.

How many checklists did you get in total, meaning how may emails with attached documents did you get from NVC? Remember that these are just standard checklists they use and then just tick in the errors that apply to you.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Timeline

You got several different checklists and it seems that they're saying that you need to correct your i-864 and have your wife bring it to the embassy. On the other hand, you missed a lot of information on the joint sponsor's i-864, so that you need to send to NVC.

You need to read each checklist for itself, you can't combine them and get one answer. E.g. we got one checklist saying that it appears we may not meet the federal poverty guidelines but to save time, we could have a joint sponsor fill out an i-864 for me to bring to my embassy interview. The second checklist said that we needed to write my husband's zero income on question 13b and send his new i-864 to NVC. So while one checklist says bring to the interview, another checklist can say that you need to send it to NVC.

How many checklists did you get in total, meaning how may emails with attached documents did you get from NVC? Remember that these are just standard checklists they use and then just tick in the errors that apply to you.

I just got one email of checklist. One PDF attachment with 7 pages .all of copy I past here. They put tick error in part 5 item 8 and part 8 item 6b need to b correct, they also asked to send 2014 w2 form our joint sponsor. In the third page and third paragraph they said ( ur case is hold untill u sent the items we need) that means our case is not complete yet.

Timeline

Here may b u read too.

Timeline

Called nvc today.they said I need to send our joint sponsor i864a to nvc cos we made 2 mistake in it and w2 2014 they want .and I need to bring my sponsor i864 at the time or interview,

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Called nvc today.they said I need to send our joint sponsor i864a to nvc cos we made 2 mistake in it and w2 2014 they want .and I need to bring my sponsor i864 at the time or interview,

I think what the CR said is true because if they would have completed your case the CR would have mentioned to you that your case is complete and need to take the required documents to the interview since the case is not completed you need send all your documents to NVC again. I would suggest look into some sample 864's and fill it out.

Good luck!!!

Timeline

I think what the CR said is true because if they would have completed your case the CR would have mentioned to you that your case is complete and need to take the required documents to the interview since the case is not completed you need send all your documents to NVC again. I would suggest look into some sample 864's and fill it out.

Good luck!!!

Yes u are right.cos my case state is not changed.plus thy did not mention in latter. They said ur case I'll b on hold untill u send items to us. Our joint sponsor are 4 person .they made together 32k a year. Husban wife and 2 kids.my wife makes 16000 a year.does my joint sponsor need to add me too.?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.