allanandr3w

f2b retention letter submission of additional docs

56 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Chrislim38 said:

So di n po sila humingi ng approval? Ubg request letter lng po b dinala nila?

Sinubmit lang nila un at iniwan, then after 1 month or so dumating ung passport with visa stamped in it. Kung di mo pa naisubmit ung Retention letter with Cenomar mainam dalhin mo in person then ask mo what's next. Kung naibigay mo naman lahat ng requirements at lagpas lagpas na sa2 2 months mainam nyan mag inquire ka na. Current na ba ang Priority Date mo?

3 minutes ago, Chrislim38 said:

So di n po sila humingi ng approval? Ubg request letter lng po b dinala nila?

Sinubmit lang nila un at iniwan, then after 1 month or so dumating ung passport with visa stamped in it. Kung di mo pa naisubmit ung Retention letter with Cenomar mainam dalhin mo in person then ask mo what's next. Kung naibigay mo naman lahat ng requirements at lagpas lagpas na sa2 2 months mainam nyan mag inquire ka na. Current na ba ang Priority Date mo?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/10/2018 at 8:13 AM, EireneFaith said:

Hi EireneFAIth and Chrislim38, i was following your discussion. Mag tanong lang din po ako.   I have the same case as Chrislim38. Nainterview na ako so the embassy has all my documents. 

I received the notice that I will need to submit an F2B retention approval 1 week before my interview. So i researched and eventually submitted a letter request to the embassy via Fax and Mail (not sure if they got it though). 

Come my interview last Nov 5, sabi sa pre-screening na need ko nga daw po ng approval and that I can inquire sa second floor how to get it - puntahan ko na daw po kasi para sigurado yung application. Pero sabi po nya gawin ko daw po yun after the interview kasi the consul since the consul will be the one to give final instruction. Dalawa po sila tinanungan ko sabi po wait for consul’s intruction. 

During the interview with consul, i was just asked a few questions. Nagulat na lang po ako sinabi na “your visa is approved i will now forward this for processing and you will receive it within 2 weeks”. Pinakuha nya din po ako nung maliit na paper na may instruction on the delivery and contact numbers ng embassy. 

Since wala na pong further instruction yung consul to get f2b retention sabi po sakin okay na daw po. 

But 3 weeks na po wala pa visa and passport. I made followup and they said my case is under administrative processing and that I should follow the instructions given to me for the lacking documents — which is wala naman po ako nareceive. Am thinking kasi po baka hinaantay nila yung f2B retention approval.  Pano po kaya pede ko gawin? Can I go again to US Embassy to request that? 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You received a 221g document request from the embassy?  How did the embassy instruct you to submit the requested document (retention letter) ?

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentsubmissioninfo.asp

Expect at least an additional 2 week wait once the embassy receives the requested document(s).  Can be months ..

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 11/20/2018 at 9:00 PM, Kris Esguerra said:

Hi EireneFAIth and Chrislim38, i was following your discussion. Mag tanong lang din po ako.   I have the same case as Chrislim38. Nainterview na ako so the embassy has all my documents. 

I received the notice that I will need to submit an F2B retention approval 1 week before my interview. So i researched and eventually submitted a letter request to the embassy via Fax and Mail (not sure if they got it though). 

Come my interview last Nov 5, sabi sa pre-screening na need ko nga daw po ng approval and that I can inquire sa second floor how to get it - puntahan ko na daw po kasi para sigurado yung application. Pero sabi po nya gawin ko daw po yun after the interview kasi the consul since the consul will be the one to give final instruction. Dalawa po sila tinanungan ko sabi po wait for consul’s intruction. 

During the interview with consul, i was just asked a few questions. Nagulat na lang po ako sinabi na “your visa is approved i will now forward this for processing and you will receive it within 2 weeks”. Pinakuha nya din po ako nung maliit na paper na may instruction on the delivery and contact numbers ng embassy. 

Since wala na pong further instruction yung consul to get f2b retention sabi po sakin okay na daw po. 

But 3 weeks na po wala pa visa and passport. I made followup and they said my case is under administrative processing and that I should follow the instructions given to me for the lacking documents — which is wala naman po ako nareceive. Am thinking kasi po baka hinaantay nila yung f2B retention approval.  Pano po kaya pede ko gawin? Can I go again to US Embassy to request that? 

Sorry for late reply. Ngayon lang ulit ako nagopen sa VJ. Maaring ung consul ay naoverlook ung need na magsubmit ka ng F2B retention letter or opt out conversion from F2B to F1. So tama lang na bumalik ka sa US Embassy at dalhin mo na ung opt out letter/ F2B retention at ung mga reqiurements para sa opt out para siguradong maayos na yang Administrative Processing baka yan ang kulang sa documents mo. Maari mo ring itanong ano ang lacking documents mo na hindi mo nareceive. God bless.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello , can i ask questions, please help me, i also have to submitt the f2b retention letter ive already had our interview this Dec 11, and we were intructed to pass this f2b retention letter through 2GO or personally submitt it to USICS manila.

my question is where to get the 

1) copy of NVC letter notifying the beneficiary of the CSPA opt-out provision, 

2) copy of the form 1-130 notice of approval (Form I-797C) from a Service Center or District Office

Thanks in advance

Edited by Riane26

14 hours ago, Riane26 said:

Hello , can i ask questions, please help me, i also have to submitt the f2b retention letter ive already had our interview this Dec 11, and we were intructed to pass this f2b retention letter through 2GO or personally submitt it to USICS manila.

my question is where to get the 

1) copy of NVC letter notifying the beneficiary of the CSPA opt-out provision, 

2) copy of the form 1-130 notice of approval (Form I-797C) from a Service Center or District Office

Thanks in advance

1) I am not sure about no.1.   When you request for the opt-out you will inform them of your

Case Number:MNL

Beneficiary date of birth

Petitioner's full name

Priority Date

Preference Category

2)Copy of the form 1-130 notice of approval (Form I-797C) from a Service Center or District Office. When your petitioner filed your petition the USCIS sent a Notice of approval to your petitioner. This is the Notice of Action Form I-797 C stating that the petition is approved with your Priority date on it. Ask your petitioner about that copy.to email it to you and attach it to the opt out letter.

Timeline
4 hours ago, EireneFaith said:

1) I am not sure about no.1.   When you request for the opt-out you will inform them of your

Case Number:MNL

Beneficiary date of birth

Petitioner's full name

Priority Date

Preference Category

2)Copy of the form 1-130 notice of approval (Form I-797C) from a Service Center or District Office. When your petitioner filed your petition the USCIS sent a Notice of approval to your petitioner. This is the Notice of Action Form I-797 C stating that the petition is approved with your Priority date on it. Ask your petitioner about that copy.to email it to you and attach it to the opt out letter.

Thank you miss eirenefaith, i already asked my mom about it, she said she cant remember where is it. She said she will going to ask for s copy.  Anyway, thank you again for replying. 

• 6 months later...
Timeline

since the USCIS office in Manila has recently closed, where do we send the retention letter now? I did my research but still confused if it's in Texas or the one in Chicago. Can someone provide the exact address?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/contact-us

Employers

The E-Verify Contact Center is available to assist you with using E-Verify, password resets, assistance with cases and technical support. They can also answer your questions about E-Verify policies and procedures, Form I-9 and employment eligibility.

Immigrant Investor Program Office (IPO)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.