shakabala

register for vote

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys I wish someone know the answer ?

I read thread here in VJ a woman says when first time in the USA she was not able to speak english very well .And some day when she was in The BMV

the employee ask her if she want to register to vote and she signed the paper without knowing what did she sign ?

and that delay her application

Now my question : how can I make sure we didnt register for vote by mistake ?

Thanks for you guys

Edited by shakabala

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Well since you are from Australia I assume you speak English? They would have asked you if you wanted to register for it. Did they?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think you have been over thinking this whole application. It's pretty straight forward. As long as you fill it out and send the required paperwork you are good! Then it's all a waiting game. Time wise it can take months upon months no matter how carefully you fill out the application depending on how busy your office is.

Edited by Alaska2012

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

What the BMV?

http://www.headcount.org/verify-voter-registration/

http://California Becomes 2nd State To Automatically Register Voters

Thanks a lot

BMV =Bureau of Motor Vehicles

I`m worried if I put my name to check if I register by mistake it will be registered ....OMG this process so accurate ,,,and any mistake will delay and cost too much .

If I checked by putting my name is that will affect me ?

Timeline

Well since you are from Australia I assume you speak English? They would have asked you if you wanted to register for it. Did they?

recently, no

But 2 or 3 years ago I don`t remember .. but I didnt register ...why I had to ....I am worried

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Go to the city/town offices and check at the city clerk or voter registrar's office to see if you are on the voter list.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Go to the city/town offices and check at the city clerk or voter registrar's office to see if you are on the voter list.

Thanks for your reply

I did not register I know , but this old post in VJ made me thinking ....

I`ve just checked the name in this link above ,,,it said we could n`t find your registration ...Is that okay

OMG it`s really journey to citizenship and too long and accurate

If they can't find your registration that usually means that everything is ok. If they had shown a record for you, then you would have had an issue.

Timeline

If they can't find your registration that usually means that everything is ok. If they had shown a record for you, then you would have had an issue.

I`m sure 100% I didn`t register to vote coz I don`t have to vote, but in the first days in the USA we sign papers we didn`t know before in other countries....

I`m comfortable now coz I`m sure 100% I`m fine .....

people in VJ post things make me think a lot :goofy:

Edited by shakabala

Hi guys I wish someone know the answer ?

I read thread here in VJ a woman says when first time in the USA she was not able to speak english very well .And some day when she was in The BMV

the employee ask her if she want to register to vote and she signed the paper without knowing what did she sign ?

and that delay her application

Now my question : how can I make sure we didnt register for vote by mistake ?

Thanks for you guys

If you/someone mistakenly registered to vote. you will get a voter card at your mailing address.if you got the voter card and you are not sure why you got it means you have unknowingly signed something at DMV. See, proving that it was a genuine mistake that you registered for a vote will be easier than proving that you genuinely made a mistake by registering and than participating in a state/Fed election. DO NOT GO VOTE unless you are a USC. Also, people who do not speak/ write English usually take someone to any official work (just an assumption). Also, lot of DMV offers multilingual clerks. Moral , Do not sign anything if you are not sure about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.