9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys,

Good morning to all!

Quick questions to everyone who has this situation....

ok, so my fiancee is coming soon like next month and prolly getting married on Dec. i have been looking around and searching for an answer but i couldn't.

i just want to know;

1. how long will she get her working permit/authorization?

2. ss#?

3. green card?

4. state id?

5. able to go to school?

6. how much is it for each or for all?

7. not sure what else she needs besides those...

also, is there a website that i can check for the answer at least from all the questions i ask?

thanks much everyone....have a great day..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello guys,

Good morning to all!

Quick questions to everyone who has this situation....

ok, so my fiancee is coming soon like next month and prolly getting married on Dec. i have been looking around and searching for an answer but i couldn't.

i just want to know;

1. how long will she get her working permit/authorization?

2. ss#?

3. green card?

4. state id?

5. able to go to school?

6. how much is it for each or for all?

7. not sure what else she needs besides those...

also, is there a website that i can check for the answer at least from all the questions i ask?

thanks much everyone....have a great day..

1. After you file AOS it will be about 3 months.

2. In one week. This you have to do as the first step. After she gets here go to the SS office as soon as you can. We went 3 days later.

3. Depending on your state. 5 to 8 months usually. Go to USCIS website to check for your local case processing timeline

4. Depends on the state. You have to do this as soon as you get the SSN. When my wife got here on K1 visa we got her and ID after about 3 weeks. Went to get the SSN than went to the DMV and they gave her a temporary ID. It was good for 3 months. Actually it was a learners permit because financially makes more sense.

5. She can go to school whenever she wants. They don't require a green card. My wife went to school after like 3 weeks. It is nicer if you have an ID but not necessary.

6. Don't know about DMV fees but the Adjustment of Status paperwork is $1070. This includes the Work permit and the travel authorization.

7. That's pretty much it.

Hope this helps. Ask more questions if something is not clear.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Fam.-based AOS Forum~

~Inquiry about AOS-related processes~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

1. After you file AOS it will be about 3 months.

2. In one week. This you have to do as the first step. After she gets here go to the SS office as soon as you can. We went 3 days later.

3. Depending on your state. 5 to 8 months usually. Go to USCIS website to check for your local case processing timeline

4. Depends on the state. You have to do this as soon as you get the SSN. When my wife got here on K1 visa we got her and ID after about 3 weeks. Went to get the SSN than went to the DMV and they gave her a temporary ID. It was good for 3 months. Actually it was a learners permit because financially makes more sense.

5. She can go to school whenever she wants. They don't require a green card. My wife went to school after like 3 weeks. It is nicer if you have an ID but not necessary.

6. Don't know about DMV fees but the Adjustment of Status paperwork is $1070. This includes the Work permit and the travel authorization.

7. That's pretty much it.

Hope this helps. Ask more questions if something is not clear.

Number 5 is correct, but you might have to pay out of state (non-resident) tuition depending on the school. Joan attended adult community school for English as a Second Language immediately after arriving in Hawai'i. We had to wait one year AFTER receiving her green card for her to attend the local community college at in-state tuition.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Timeline

Number 5 is correct, but you might have to pay out of state (non-resident) tuition depending on the school. Joan attended adult community school for English as a Second Language immediately after arriving in Hawai'i. We had to wait one year AFTER receiving her green card for her to attend the local community college at in-state tuition.

That's why i said it would be nicer to have an ID because like you said too you don't have to pay out of state fees but maybe the he doe's not care about those fees so i said it anyway.

That's why i said it would be nicer to have an ID because like you said too you don't have to pay out of state fees but maybe the he doe's not care about those fees so i said it anyway.

:thumbs: I was surprised that it was a year after the green card, not POE for in state tuition!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Depends on the state.. more are being meticulous on checking status.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Agree. Here in Oregon they did not care at the Community College about immigration status and my wife took classes with the in state fee but she did already have an Oregon ID so i guess that was all they needed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.