Omeka

N-400 October 2015 filers

793 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Visajourney peeps,

I had my interview on 8/4/2016. Test was really easy and IO told me that I will be receiving my Oath Ceremony between to 2 or 3 weeks. And he gave me N-625 APPROVED. I just I don't understand why giving approval then they have to review the application? Please I need your advise, is the next status change on USCIS say that your status is "Under Supervisor Review" Just Curious and Thank You.

1​.- You passed the test of English and U.S. history and government.

2.- Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval...

Your N-625 doesn't say "Approved", it say "Application is recommended for approval".

This is because an interviewer can only recommend an application for approval and then it goes to a supervisor to review. The exception is when you are interviewed by someone with supervisory authority.

If/when the supervisor approves your application, you should be placed inline for an oath ceremony; you should get an update for this, but in some cases, you'll just get an oath letter.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

My tip for you is just wait and be patient.

You are in final stage, and it could take a few days or months until you get the Oath letter.

Be patient, and God bless you.

Your N-625 doesn't say "Approved", it say "Application is recommended for approval".

This is because an interviewer can only recommend an application for approval and then it goes to a supervisor to review. The exception is when you are interviewed by someone with supervisory authority.

If/when the supervisor approves your application, you should be placed inline for an oath ceremony; you should get an update for this, but in some cases, you'll just get an oath letter.

Thank you for your input, hopefully I get my Oath letter soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sassiringa, what questions did they ask at the interview?

We just got the notice today for the interview- my husband's interview is set for September...so it seems like they are all over the place with Chicago...

Also, how long after the interview (if everything goes well) does it usually take for the oath ceremony?

I-130 NOA1: 10/24/11
I-130 NOA2: 04/09/12

Received at NVC: 04/2012

Case Closed: 06/14/12

Interview in CDJ: 08/06/12 (denied, okay to file waiver)

Sent in I-601 Waiver: 08/06/12

I-601 Waiver Approved: 11/14/12

CR-1 Visa Received: 12/11/12

Entry to U.S.: 12/21/12

ROC Application Received: 10/31/14

Biometrics Appointment: 11/25/14

Sassiringa, what questions did they ask at the interview?

We just got the notice today for the interview- my husband's interview is set for September...so it seems like they are all over the place with Chicago...

Also, how long after the interview (if everything goes well) does it usually take for the oath ceremony?

Hi MK & M,

Everything went smooth. IO was a nice younger guy (and cute), he took me to his office and all my paperwork was already in front of him.

I was asked to sit down and then raise my right hand and then to do this "Do you swear to tell the truth..." I said I do. Then he immediately he went to the civic questions, my questions were:

1. There are 4 amendments to the constitution about who can vote, describe one of them?

2. Who vetoes bills?

3. During the Cold Ward what was the main concern in the U.S.?

4. If the President can not longer serves who becomes President?

5. What was one reason Colonist came to America?

6, What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?

Then he asked me to read "Which state has the most people" and then he asked write "California has the most people"

Then he proceeded to ask me all the questions from the N400, after that she had me to sign a paper with all my information on it, he asked me to read carefully since that was the information that will be in my certificate. Overall it was nice, I brought a huge binder with all kind of paperwork he didn't ask for anything. He said I should receive my Oath Ceremony letter in 2 or three weeks after my interview but I am confused why my file is under Supervisor Review.

Let's see what is next I would love to have the right to vote, but who knows when I will hear from them again.

Namaste,

Filed: Other Timeline

Be patient because, on average, people wait 45 days to receive an Oath letter.

Hi MK & M,

Everything went smooth. IO was a nice younger guy (and cute), he took me to his office and all my paperwork was already in front of him.

I was asked to sit down and then raise my right hand and then to do this "Do you swear to tell the truth..." I said I do. Then he immediately he went to the civic questions, my questions were:

1. There are 4 amendments to the constitution about who can vote, describe one of them?

2. Who vetoes bills?

3. During the Cold Ward what was the main concern in the U.S.?

4. If the President can not longer serves who becomes President?

5. What was one reason Colonist came to America?

6, What is one right or freedom from the First Amendment?

Then he asked me to read "Which state has the most people" and then he asked write "California has the most people"

Then he proceeded to ask me all the questions from the N400, after that she had me to sign a paper with all my information on it, he asked me to read carefully since that was the information that will be in my certificate. Overall it was nice, I brought a huge binder with all kind of paperwork he didn't ask for anything. He said I should receive my Oath Ceremony letter in 2 or three weeks after my interview but I am confused why my file is under Supervisor Review.

Let's see what is next I would love to have the right to vote, but who knows when I will hear from them again.

Namaste,

Edited by witamar

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello ,

I just wanted to update on my case, after waiting almost 9 months finally had my interview on Monday 15 Aug in Houston Office. It was at 7 Am got there 30 mins before I was the 5th one there , at 7 Am the IO called me in and walked to his office , took the Oath and then with civic Test and then on to N400 application just asked do I have only I child , I said I have 2 now since I applied showed him birth certificate's for both my son and daughter and just asked to see my birth certificate and inquired ant my maiden name and then just made me sign and said congratulations and great job and asked me to go wait outside and made sure not to leave until he comes back in a few minutes, well which lasted 1.5 hours after that he came out and handed me a sheet which had Oath ceremony details which is on 24 Aug on Wednesday at 7 Am .

I was worried for 1.5 hours but when he gave me the Oath letter I was relieved and Happy :)

Now waiting till Wednesday till it's officially over :)

Thanks a lot to all in this thread who kept me updated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello ,

I just wanted to update on my case, after waiting almost 9 months finally had my interview on Monday 15 Aug in Houston Office. It was at 7 Am got there 30 mins before I was the 5th one there , at 7 Am the IO called me in and walked to his office , took the Oath and then with civic Test and then on to N400 application just asked do I have only I child , I said I have 2 now since I applied showed him birth certificate's for both my son and daughter and just asked to see my birth certificate and inquired ant my maiden name and then just made me sign and said congratulations and great job and asked me to go wait outside and made sure not to leave until he comes back in a few minutes, well which lasted 1.5 hours after that he came out and handed me a sheet which had Oath ceremony details which is on 24 Aug on Wednesday at 7 Am .

I was worried for 1.5 hours but when he gave me the Oath letter I was relieved and Happy :)

Now waiting till Wednesday till it's officially over :)

Thanks a lot to all in this thread who kept me updated.

Congratulations to you!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give another quick update on my progress (or lack thereof...). I still haven't heard anything from them after that unhelpful service request, so I called my senator's office today (####### Durbin). They told me there's a simple online process to request their assistance in cases like this, so I went to his website and filled out the form. Now I have to print, sign & mail it to them, and hopefully I'll hear something soon! I'll keep you posted (if I'm not the only one still left in limbo?)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Visa Journey Peeps,

I just wanted to let you guys know that after waiting almost a year, I had my Oath Ceremony on Thursday, September 15 at the Chicago office. Can someone please update my case so it do not look like I didn't finish the process.

Thank you so much for being there throughout the whole process... Good vibes if someone hasn't finish with this yet.

Sassiringa (L)

Filed: Other Timeline

Good to know....

People, on average, get their OATH letters in 45 days....

So, just being patient and placing on God's hand.

Hi Visa Journey Peeps,

I just wanted to let you guys know that after waiting almost a year, I had my Oath Ceremony on Thursday, September 15 at the Chicago office. Can someone please update my case so it do not look like I didn't finish the process.

Thank you so much for being there throughout the whole process... Good vibes if someone hasn't finish with this yet.

Sassiringa (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi Visa Journey Peeps,

Sassiringa (L)

Congrats!

Congratulations, Sassiringa! I just checked my online case and it finally changed to Oath Letter Sent. Seems they're finally getting their act together at the Chicago office! I have no idea if my writing to my senator had any effect - I never heard anything from them - but fingers crossed the letter comes soon and there's still time to register to vote...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.