Omeka

N-400 October 2015 filers

793 posts in this topic

Sassiringa,

We are Chicago too...my husbands n-400 was rec'd on October 2nd, he did fingerprints in early November and then we've heard nothing since then.

I called the same day the uscis processing times were updated (Wednesday I think) and they put in a service request for his case as well. They told me if I don't hear anything in 15-30 days to call back.

Here's hoping for some news in the next week or two...don't understand why Chicago is so incredibly slow..

Hi MK & M,

Thank you for post your case, I thought I was the only one. I did the same thing, I called them the same day and they told me the same. Next month if I don't hear from the I will make an infopass appointment, if that doesn't work then I will contact one of the senators. Please let's keep in contact, I can't believe this is happening to us, why we need to wait for so long? What's wrong? Oh, well we need to have faith that everything will be okay.

Namaste!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Despite VeraVimes' rather unhelpful refusal to provide a meaningful answer to my question (for a US-Netherlands marriage, why choose to immigrate to USA rather than to Netherlands, which many think is actually a better country?), I have located some very relevant and useful information here:

http://www.expatica.com/nl/visas-and-permits/How-to-get-Dutch-citizenship_107817.html

which explains that the US process is faster / easier since NL may require 15 years of residency first or proof of a very meaningful knowledge of Dutch (way beyond the rudimentary knowledge of the most basic English needed for US), and since NL will not accept dual citizenship (so it would be necessary to renounce all other citizenships in order to become a citizen of The Netherlands), whereas the US really doesn't care how many other citizenships you have.

Edited by lvriesling

2010-08-29 Our first email exchange on dating site OKCupid.com
2010-11-25 Our marriage at Bang Rak Ampher (the "Ampher of Love")
2010-12-04 CR-1 visa application mailed: 1st Class Certified Mail
2010-12-06 CR-1 app delivery to Chicago Lockbox (USPS.com)
2010-12-13 Emailed notification from Chicago Lockbox
2010-12-14 Check Cashed (I-130 Application Fee - $420.00)
2010-12-17 NOA1 arrives from CSC (dated 12/10, postmarked 12/14)
2011-02-15 Our NOA1 Case Number shows up on USCIS.gov
2011-04-25 Emailed notification - NOA2
2011-04-30 NOA2 arrives from CSC (via US Postal Service)
2011-05-13 Petitioner's NVC "NOA1" (NVC Case #, DS-3032, IIN) arrives via USPS
2011-05-16 Emailed signed & dated DS-3032 form to NVC
2011-05-18 "Affidavit of Support" filing fee paid online ($88.00)
2011-05-20 "Immigrant Visa" filing fee paid online ($404.00)
2011-05-24 Emailed notification - DS-3032 accepted
2011-06-07 Aff of Support & DS-230 mailed: 1st Class Certified Mail
2011-07-02 NVC sends DS-230 checklist requesting docs they already received
2011-07-21 "Sign In Failed" at NVC's Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center
2011-07-25 NVC emails a "Checklist Cover Letter" saying "Case Complete"
2011-07-30 NVC emails Visa Interview Appointment at Bangkok Embassy
2011-09-15 CR-1 VISA APPROVED!!!
2011-09-19 Received sealed visa envelope (CR-1 visa, medical evidence, etc.)
2011-10-06 Port of Entry - Los Angeles International Airport
2011-10-18 Social Security Number received (the physical SS card arrived 2011-10-20)
2011-10-27 Green Card received (via US Postal Service)
2013-07-08 Removal Of Conditions (I-751) mailed (arrived VSC 07-11, $590 ck cashed 07-16)
2013-07-18 Received NOA1 (I-751) with receipt date 07/12/2013
2013-07-22 Received Biometrics appointment letter for 8/14/13.
2013-11-14 10-YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!

2015-10-03 Mailed N-400 to Dallas via Standard Post ($680.00)

2015-11-16 Received NOA1 (I-797C) with receipt date 11/06/2015

2015-12-12 Received NOA2 (I-797C) with Biometrics date 12/23/15

2016-03-16 N-400 Interview Letter

2016-05-03 N-400 Interview (RFE'd with N-14 for 1st name change documentation)

2016-05-20 RFE'd again 4 documentation of 2nd name change; provided it; N-400 APPROVED!!

2016-05-27 Notification: "In Line For Oath Ceremony"

2016-06-17 Naturalized (with a name change) by Judicial Ceremony in Fort Lauderdale, FL!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Dear VJ peeps,

As of today I am in line for interview, yayyyyy!!! I just wanted to share my happiness with you all.

Namaste!

Good luck to you at the interview!

Filed: Timeline

I have been following this for a while and seen that Chicago is slow. However I'm waiting for the Dallas office to catch up as they are currently processing oct 22 as of June 14. I have a date of oct 26 so I'm hoping that once the website updates this month I'll be able to call and inquired about my case. Based on other feedback i will ask for a tier 2 officer and put a service request.

Any other suggestion? Would you recommend better going to the office? What should I take with me?

Thank you in advance! I'm desperate by now.

Mnr

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have been following this for a while and seen that Chicago is slow. However I'm waiting for the Dallas office to catch up as they are currently processing oct 22 as of June 14. I have a date of oct 26 so I'm hoping that once the website updates this month I'll be able to call and inquired about my case. Based on other feedback i will ask for a tier 2 officer and put a service request.

Any other suggestion? Would you recommend better going to the office? What should I take with me?

Thank you in advance! I'm desperate by now.

Mnr

You could try an online case inquiry too... it should let you once your application passes the normal processing time.

You do this from your account page.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

Thank you Kash, yesterday I received my interview letter... It will be on August 4th, can you please update my information... Thank you!!!

Glad it came through! Someone here will update your info shortly!

• 2 weeks later...

Despite VeraVimes' rather unhelpful refusal to provide a meaningful answer to my question (for a US-Netherlands marriage, why choose to immigrate to USA rather than to Netherlands, which many think is actually a better country?), I have located some very relevant and useful information here:

http://www.expatica.com/nl/visas-and-permits/How-to-get-Dutch-citizenship_107817.html

which explains that the US process is faster / easier since NL may require 15 years of residency first or proof of a very meaningful knowledge of Dutch (way beyond the rudimentary knowledge of the most basic English needed for US), and since NL will not accept dual citizenship (so it would be necessary to renounce all other citizenships in order to become a citizen of The Netherlands), whereas the US really doesn't care how many other citizenships you have.

No need to be snarky, I just misunderstood your question at first... Furthermore, the matter of why we went for one and not the other has little to do with ease of immigration. My husband has lived here all his life, has a stable job and is well-established. I was 20 at the time, with no job, no education, and very little community to keep me there. It wasn't hard to decide which of us should uproot.

Now that we've been married and have lived together for over 5 years, I think it would be fairly straightforward for us to move to Europe. He wouldn't be eligible for citizenship off the bat, much the same as here - just some form of residency. We have been discussing it a little more recently, in light of the upcoming election...

There are exceptions to the dual citizenship rule, which is murky and constantly changing. I have dual citizenship with the UK, and as I obtained Dutch citizenship second, they let me keep both. If I ever obtain US citizenship, they will allow that too, as it is the citizenship of my current spouse.

No news on the USCIS front, I actually received my service request letter within a few days of calling. It literally said that they were still working on my case, and could not tell me when they would come to a decision. And so we wait...

Filed: Timeline

So I have put a service request and have received a response that they are still in the "processing and background investigation and until that is completed they can't expedite the response.

Is there anybody else in Dallas going through the same issue? Or anybody else that has similar experience?

I'm just getting annoyed by now. It is just more time...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Visajourney peeps,

I had my interview on 8/4/2016. Test was really easy and IO told me that I will be receiving my Oath Ceremony between to 2 or 3 weeks. And he gave me N-625 APPROVED. I just I don't understand why giving approval then they have to review the application? Please I need your advise, is the next status change on USCIS say that your status is "Under Supervisor Review" Just Curious and Thank You.

1​.- You passed the test of English and U.S. history and government.

2.- Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval...

Timeline

Hi Visajourney peeps,

I had my interview on 8/4/2016. Test was really easy and IO told me that I will be receiving my Oath Ceremony between to 2 or 3 weeks. And he gave me N-625 APPROVED. I just I don't understand why giving approval then they have to review the application? Please I need your advise, is the next status change on USCIS say that your status is "Under Supervisor Review" Just Curious and Thank You.

It may or may not show that update! I think your next update will most likely be the "Inline for oath" ! Congrats on your approval.

It may or may not show that update! I think your next update will most likely be the "Inline for oath" ! Congrats on your approval.

Thank you KASH2011, I am so excited and I can't wait for this to be over.

Filed: Other Timeline

My tip for you is just wait and be patient.

You are in final stage, and it could take a few days or months until you get the Oath letter.

Be patient, and God bless you.

Hi Visajourney peeps,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.