Umka36

90 Day Fiance Season 3 preview trailer, cast revealed

157 posts in this topic

Huh they look for couples at airports?

I don't know the producers' full process but I do know for sure that they check Visajourney looking for potential couples!

My son and daughter-in-law registered on Visajourney and within a very short period of time received a message from someone who had seen their VJ profile, asking if they would be interested in appearing on 90DF. (they declined)

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I agree with Catherine, I really like that they have shown some of the wait that everyone has to go through during this process and how hard it is and how much of a toll it makes. I still think they play up the 90 days to make sure you want to get married way to much. I imagine for most of us here that the 90 wait wasn't about making sure you want to get married it was making sure you got married in the time allotted and filed for AOS as soon as you could and the stress of that! I feel like they should focus more on that because landing here is only the beginning of even more paperwork.

I think that if they showed how much work goes into the process maybe people would be a bit more understanding of what all of us go through. I also hope that sometime they pick a couple that has been together for a while and has more than just one trip together under their belts. So far from what I can tell the only couple that can say that is the Mormon one since Josh spent so much time in Prague on a Mission. I know that we have a lot of members who have only been able to meet once in person but have had an established relationship long before! It always seems like this show picks people who just met and decided to get married right away which does not help in making others understand. IMHO

I look forward to next week and I am glad to see that Davar's mother was understanding of the Biracial couple! So many people aren't which is a tragedy!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You get selected midstream...so the couple is in the middle of the process or awaiting approval and it gets picked up from there..in that sense one of the most real shows on television.

But really, how do you know someone well enough to get engaged, then 'find out' that they live in a dirty apartment with a roommate, where you need to walk through their room? She seems like a decent girl, but Noon is in a crazy situation. Really? When did you agree to that? Certainly he took you for a "Skype" tour, right?

Yeah, we received an invitation to 'share our story' in our VJ messages. That's one of the reasons why I joined this thread. I was thinking that a few thousand would be good, but at what price? I'd probably turn all crazy on camera, and I already have three dogs in the apartment, so between them, me, him and a camera crew, that's way too many toes and bum holes in our home! Definitely not worth it!

Signature coming soon...

You get selected midstream...so the couple is in the middle of the process or awaiting approval and it gets picked up from there..in that sense one of the most real shows on television.

Right. So the 5 out of 6 couples that are on this season are from TSC states, during the middle of the 8-month backlog at TSC. And they're showing, for the first time, the visa-wait-time. Possibly because they had little choice but to film it for their own production schedule.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

I was just telling my husband how disappointing this filipina girl is. She's just a lazy teenager who doesn't have to work or go to school because grandpa, wooops no, daddy, nope, hubby (cringes) got a business and got a whole lot of money.

It doesn't matter if she's still coping up with the jet lag and sleeps in, he cooks the breakfast and, come on, you see him doing chores and she just sits there doing nothing, such a lazy little girl. And then he rewards her with a car because she's bored hahahahaha! (Let's skip the part that he is weird, lol getting exact same car he gave to his ex wife).

Such a bad example for a filipina wife...

(I find the train whistle funny though, i'd definitely use that to wake up my husband just to annoy him hahahaha!)

I don't really think a wife who doesn't work or clean or go to school would necessary be a bad wife, you know, sometimes people just love each other.

But in this case, it disgusts me because the age difference (sorry if I offended any couple with big age gap), and also the dude still has pics of his ex wife, and etc, it's just like he wants to be, and will be young again as long as his tastes don't change, on clothe, car, and you know, woman.

Sad part is that I don't even think he has that much money, just a old guy who think he's not done with the romance and want to rub the cradle one more time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't really think a wife who doesn't work or clean or go to school would necessary be a bad wife, you know, sometimes people just love each other.

But in this case, it disgusts me because the age difference (sorry if I offended any couple with big age gap), and also the dude still has pics of his ex wife, and etc, it's just like he wants to be, and will be young again as long as his tastes don't change, on clothe, car, and you know, woman.

Sad part is that I don't even think he has that much money, just a old guy who think he's not done with the romance and want to rub the cradle one more time.

He seems to be attempting to re-create his past relationship.

As of the last episode Nikki had only been in the USA 4 days. Too soon to determine if she's lazy. She cannot work until she obains EAD card. She may end up in school. Who knows to early yet.

"rub" ewwww LOL

Edited by LionessDeon

As of the last episode Nikki had only been in the USA 4 days. Too soon to determine if she's lazy. She cannot work until she obains EAD card. She may end up in school. Who knows to early yet.

"rub" ewwww LOL

Lmao, my English obviously isn't that great haha.

I do know what I wanted to do when I was 19 tho, getting married with some random dude ain't one LOL.

Oh you misunderstood my point... i was saying that she is a bad representation of a filipina wife and its very disappointing and well am a little bit embarrassed of what they are airing on tv.. (Maybe they just highlighted and showed the part where the husband did everything and she did nothing. And they just showed on air the part where she said she doesnt have any plans at all when she was asked what she wants to do here in the us. They just aired the part where she's being lazy.)

Filipinas, because of the culture, are taught to do house chores and to manage the household. To look after her husband, that you could expect a clean place, great meals everyday (including breakfast) ect.. i am not saying that we are taught to be subservient, we are taught that household stuff is our responsibility. Lol my first day here in the us, i was already cooking breakfast and making coffee...

K1 VISA :)
02-25-2015: I-129f sent
03-03-2015: NOA1
03-25-2015: NOA2
04-29-2015: Medical (passed)
05-18-2015: Interview (approved) yay!
05-21-2015: Issued! ?
06-25-2015: US entry

AOS
09-16-2015: Sent AOS, EAD and AP packets
09-22-2015: NOA

10-15-2015: Biometrics

11-20-2015: EAD and AP approval

12-21-2015: Interview

12-30-2015: AOS approval :)

ROC

11-02-2017: I-751 sent

11-07-2017: NOA1

11-30-2017: Biometrics

"rub" ewwww LOL

It does seem that way, he mentioned that his ex wife was also from the same town right? They may know each other if they are from the same town. Yikes!

Lmao, my English obviously isn't that great haha.

I do know what I wanted to do when I was 19 tho, getting married with some random dude ain't one LOL.

Yeah the age difference is troubling. I really do hope that she does love him and she is not just with him for a gc...

K1 VISA :)
02-25-2015: I-129f sent
03-03-2015: NOA1
03-25-2015: NOA2
04-29-2015: Medical (passed)
05-18-2015: Interview (approved) yay!
05-21-2015: Issued! ?
06-25-2015: US entry

AOS
09-16-2015: Sent AOS, EAD and AP packets
09-22-2015: NOA

10-15-2015: Biometrics

11-20-2015: EAD and AP approval

12-21-2015: Interview

12-30-2015: AOS approval :)

ROC

11-02-2017: I-751 sent

11-07-2017: NOA1

11-30-2017: Biometrics

It does seem that way, he mentioned that his ex wife was also from the same town right? They may know each other if they are from the same town. Yikes!

Yeah the age difference is troubling. I really do hope that she does love him and she is not just with him for a gc...

Love? I don't think so, girls who go out with older guys usually have some confidence issues.. or just insecure (which is still confidence issue), or she is just after green card, and the overall better life in America.

But of course TLC will 'conveniently' choose to show the aspect of her not doing any cleaning, cooking and etc.. it's all about carefully staging the characters to make audiences disgusted and intrigued to watch more at the same time LOL.

IMO TLC should be shut for good, it's such a depressing channel only focus on sad things in human nature and life, for God's sake they are still trying to make money off that 19 Kids and counting show, smhhh

Filed: Timeline

The way I see it is that if you are an adult, you can marry whomever as long as it's legal and both parties agree. Big age gap, interracial marriage, arranged marriage, rich vs. poor, same sex, different culture/religion, and etc. is fine in my eyes because it not my call to judge what a relationship should look like. It also does not mean I may agree with it though, but I try to keep my opinion to myself.

Edited by Umka36

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yeah it is still on. Season 3 is currently running and its on Sundays at 10pm EST. Still on TLC.

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding