heo luoi

Western Union

36 posts in this topic

ah just noticed, WU has a lot longer delivery times and having issues putting fiancees 4 names from her gov ID in. the page too. CS says I have to call them every time to fix it?

I dont necessarily have a huge rush so if I can save because of that then thats cool but minutes and 1/2 a week seems like maybe a middle option would be nice.

She should have 2 first name, middle and last name. I once forgot her middle name so when she went to the first WU location, they told me to fix it. But I was asleep so she went to another location and was able to get the money.

May 7, 2014 - I-130 sent to Chicago, IL Lockbox

May 12, 2014 - Case recieved at Chicago, IL.

May 13, 2014 - Case accepted. Received LIN#. Case forwarded to USCIS, Nebraska. i-797 hard copy received shortly after.

Filed: Timeline

You can use any bank. It willask for routing number and stuff. But yeah, if you're going to VN there is no reason to get USD...

i use chase bank and it's not $5, it's $25 plus % of the transfer. same as bank of America and suntrust.

Edited by skyking02

Weird I just did MG for a while but typically got cash. several weeks ago I tried via bank cant recall which, but it was no different than cash. maybe a bit cheaper actually by like 0.00-1.00. Just saved me the trouble of going to ATM. Def no percentage. I think it was $25 for $900...which I think would have been the same if Cash.

i use chase bank and it's not $5, it's $25 plus % of the transfer. same as bank of America and suntrust.

Did you use the bank credit card? WU will charge you whatever rate, then the bank will charge you for bank to bank transfer. Happened to me once. I would just do a $5 deal, have her do whatever she wants when she gets the money.

May 13, 2014 - Case accepted. Received LIN#. Case forwarded to USCIS, Nebraska. i-797 hard copy received shortly after.

Did you use the bank credit card? WU will charge you whatever rate, then the bank will charge you for bank to bank transfer. Happened to me once. I would just do a $5 deal, have her do whatever she wants when she gets the money.

bank credit card? you mean debit card right? i understand what you are saying now. $5 is based on debit card using at WU.

bank credit card? you mean debit card right? i understand what you are saying now. $5 is based on debit card using at WU.

Skyking I'm thinking you are confused, frontgears screenshots clearly show debit/credit not being $5.

I am not sure how it is now but a year ago, i thought the same thing. But instead doing the lengthen process by entering your checking info, i used the debit card out of laziness. Wu only charged me the $5 fee like usual, but the bank charged me for another fee. I wasnt sure and didnt want to argue over the phone over sea. Things might change now. I used USAA now so i just sent her my debit card so she can take money out whenever. With fees wavered, it still doesnt show up reimbursted though since they have a different system, but less headache for me even though WU would save me $5 per month

Skyking I'm thinking you are confused, frontgears screenshots clearly show debit/credit not being $5.

i guess i didn't look at the screenshot, just saw $5 from jho.

I am not sure how it is now but a year ago, i thought the same thing. But instead doing the lengthen process by entering your checking info, i used the debit card out of laziness. Wu only charged me the $5 fee like usual, but the bank charged me for another fee. I wasnt sure and didnt want to argue over the phone over sea. Things might change now. I used USAA now so i just sent her my debit card so she can take money out whenever. With fees wavered, it still doesnt show up reimbursted though since they have a different system, but less headache for me even though WU would save me $5 per month

i always use from the vietnam shop. they bring it to my family house, don't' need to go out to get the money.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i started checking the exchange rate onlne and it seems every time i used western they had a lower exchange rate than the internet said it should be / i have written a complaint into consumer's affairs on this issue.

HOw did you guys do this for $5 / it cost me $35 for just sending $200 when i did western at the local store / just wondering

i started checking the exchange rate onlne and it seems every time i used western they had a lower exchange rate than the internet said it should be / i have written a complaint into consumer's affairs on this issue.

HOw did you guys do this for $5 / it cost me $35 for just sending $200 when i did western at the local store / just wondering

Scroll up. someone posted pictures on how to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I've used Western Union a number of times to send money to Thailand, and I am now looking for a better alternative. The fees initially look OK, but when you factor in the poor exchange rate Western Union gives, it really isn't a very good deal. XE is a good app for checking exchange rates, and when I factor in Western Unions poor exchange rates, the cost for me to exchange US Dollars to Thai Baht has been around 5%. Also, if you do bank account to bank account transfers is can take a very long time.

CSC

4/14/2015 Sent I-129F via UPS

4/16/2015 Received NOA1

6/1/2015 Received NOA2

NVC

6/8/2015 NVC Received Petition

6/10/2015 NVC sent to US Embassy Bangkok (NVC Confirmed)

US Embassy Bangkok

6/13/2015 US Embassy Bangkok Received (tracked with DHL)

6/15/2015 "Case Creation Date"

6/26/2015 Status "Ready" CEAC case tracker

7/2/2015 Received Packet 3

7/7/2015 Received Thai Police Certificate via mail

7/10/2015 Mailed Packet 3 documents to US Embassy

7/13/2015 Received Packet 4 email/Interview Scheduled for 8/4/2015

8/4//2015 Interview (Approved!)

US

8/19/2015 I (USC) flew to Thailand

8/26/2017 We flew back together to Colorado, USA (LA California port of entry)

Marriage SSN

8/28/2015 Applied for SSN

8/28/2015 Obtained Marriage License

9/4/2015 Received social security card (SSN) with unmarried name via US mail

9/7/2015 Married in Colorado

AOS, AP, EAD

9/9/2015 Recorded Marriage License, Changed name SSN, Applied for AOS, AP, EAD

9/14/2015 Received social security card (SSN) with married name

9/16/2015 Received text and email NOA1s for AOS, AP, EAD

9/21/2015 Received paper NOA1s for AOS, AP, EAD via US mail

9/25​/2015 Received letter vis US mail scheduling biometrics for 10/5/2015

10/2/2015 Received RFE for not submitting 2014 tax documents

10/5/2015 Biometrics in Denver

10/9/2015 Responded to RFE by sending 2014 tax copies

11/18/2015 Received RFE stating EAD form was not an original signature?

11/19/2015 Signed the form in BLUE ink and returned via 2nd day UPS

12/10/2015 AP and EAD Approved

12/17/2015 Received Combo AP and EAD Card via US mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I will never use WU again! They were horrible! I used them one time to send $200 to my fiancé via their online website. A gentleman called me 2 hours later and proceeded to ask me really weird questions like "do you know this person?" "why can't you wait to give them the money next time you see them?" "how long have you dated?" etc etc etc... I started getting mad and told him it's really none of business about my relationship. Well, he denied the transfer. Never again!

After sorting out the naming issues w/ Moneygram, they are super fast and stuff. Never had any big issues. I think the exchange rates seems on par with what Ive ever seen...but was just curious if those fees ultimately were truly lower as over time Im sure the fees add up. I typically always send money in USD anyways and recipients seem to prefer it that way for some reason and MG doesn't seem to care one way or other but WU seems to be cheaper if you convert....according to their page. Likely cause they profit from the exchange rates and thus eat some fee to encourage the conversion.

Edited by coldhands

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I go to the nearest truck stop or tourist center - nearly all of them have WU - and send up to $500 for $10. The money is available in VN in a few minutes.

Exchange rate is always good. Set up an account with WU and you can make transfers from an established account from any WU anytime, any location - it's quick and easy. Wiring $$$ to yourself works great in VN. Nice to have cash in case something happens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.