14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We're applying for the K-1 visa and are just finishing up the I-129F application, which we want to submit this week. My fiance (the petitioner) is American and I (the beneficiary) am Canadian.

Regarding the G-325A Beneficiary Form, you know that "Applicant: print your name and Alien Registration Number in the box outlined by the heavy border below" line at the bottom of the form? I was told that my fiance's name goes there as he is the petitioner, even though the form itself has my information on it as the beneficiary.

Is this correct because it doesn't sound right to me?

Do you know of a detailed instruction sheet on how to fill out the G-325A for the I-129F application?

Thank you for your help :)

Timeline

I found the examples of the G-325A forms on visa journey's "Assembling the I-129F Package: Checklist". The example of the beneficiary's G325A form shows the beneficiary's name in the bold box at the bottom.

For some reason the example they give for the US citizen's (aka petitioner's) G-325A form is actually just a copy of the beneficiary's form example linked above. Kind of confusing. I presume an error as the checklist itself said that the US citizen's/petitioner's G-325A should be "filled out by the US Citizen with their information, signed and dated".

Hope this is making sense.

The full name and A-number (if applicable) that is listed in the bottom box outlined by the border needs to match the name and A-number at the top of the form.

Each of you fills out a G-325A with your own information. You put your name at the top and bottom of the form, and the US petitioner will put their name at the top and bottom of their own form.

The checklist is correct in saying that the US citizen/petitioner's G-325A should be filled out by the US citizen with their information, signed and dated. In other words: Petitioner's G-325 = Petitioner's information. Beneficiary's G-325A = Beneficiary's information.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

I am being told by a lawyer that I should still put the petitioner's name (my fiance) at the bottom of my (beneficiary's) form because he is in fact the applicant.

I am telling the lawyer that it doesn't make sense because on my beneficiary's G-325a form repeatedly asks: "Applicant's place of residence" "Applicant's employment", etc. Therefore it makes more sense that the same name of the Applicant that is on the top of the form goes on the bottom of the form.

Lawyer differs and I'm anxious about what to do, hence why I wrote the question here.

I find this paperwork frustrating and we're only just starting the process. <_<

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In this instance, I would trust the word of the people who have gone through it over the word of the "trained professional". I have a USC friend living in the Philippines with his Pinay wife. He told me they spent lots of money on a lawyer to do their forms the first time, and they got rejected. They did it on their own the second time, and they got accepted. I don't know all the circumstances with my brother and his Czech fiancee (at that time), but he said he got bad advice the first time he tried, and got better advice the second time.

But trust the people here who have gone through it and are going through it. It seems lots of lawyers are wrong lots of times in regard to immigration.

Edited to note the USC was bringing his Pinay wife to the US, which took them 3 years of effort to accomplish, due to bad advice from an immigration attorney the first time. She came here, spent 5 years here and got her Naturalization, before they retired to the Philippines.

Edited by Pythos1

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

I am being told by a lawyer that I should still put the petitioner's name (my fiance) at the bottom of my (beneficiary's) form because he is in fact the applicant.

I am telling the lawyer that it doesn't make sense because on my beneficiary's G-325a form repeatedly asks: "Applicant's place of residence" "Applicant's employment", etc. Therefore it makes more sense that the same name of the Applicant that is on the top of the form goes on the bottom of the form.

Lawyer differs and I'm anxious about what to do, hence why I wrote the question here.

I find this paperwork frustrating and we're only just starting the process. <_<

In reference to the G-325A form, the applicant is the person filling out the form. The applicant does NOT mean the petitioner of the I-129F form.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

In the section where it asks for the applicants last 5 yrs of employment, if not employed, but attending school, would we put the school and dates?? Or put unemployed?

I know it says employer, but want to know if they would like to know school if not employed.

Thanks!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unemployed. Because if you list the school as your employer, then you have a job working at that school and can provide evidence of that through your income documents.

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

• 6 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Filling out our I-130 forms along with the G325A biographic information we are going for a K1 visa .... At the bottom of the G325a forms one for petitioner an one for Benificary it asks "This form is submitted in connection with an application for" A:Naturalization B: Status as Permanent Resident or C: Other ...

I realize we will be C "other" but what do we specify it as? For both the petitioner an the benificary?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Filling out our I-130 forms along with the G325A biographic information we are going for a K1 visa .... At the bottom of the G325a forms one for petitioner an one for Benificary it asks "This form is submitted in connection with an application for" A:Naturalization B: Status as Permanent Resident or C: Other ...

I realize we will be C "other" but what do we specify it as? For both the petitioner an the benificary?

I have this exact question!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Now that's confusing... If you are filing the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, you would be going for a IR-1 or CR-1 visa. K-1 visas use Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance.

You'd check "B - Status as Permanent Resident" if filing I-130, or "C: Other", and specify "I-129F" if filing for a K-1 visa using form I-129F.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm having trouble finishing up my form too. Since my fiancee doesnt understand english i was filling it out for him as we discussed it but when i get get to the bottom i notice that durig the download the form always appears have a dont forget to sign portion in the signature box. Its only there when i download it or print it out. How have you all been doing it?

~~~~~~~K-1:
04/23/2016: Mailed my I-129F packet via USPS EXPRESS MAIL to Louisville,TX :dance:

04/25/2016: Received a text msg that my Packet was picked up and signed for at the PO BOX (2 days)
04/28/2016: Check was cashed! (3 days)
04/28/2016: NOA1 text. Case routed to CSC

07/06/2016: Text that my case was approved (68 days)

07/12/2016: hardcopy NOA 2 (6 days)

07/27/2016: NVC received my petition (21 days from NOA2)
07/28/2016: NVC assigned a case number (1 day)
08/01/2016: NVC sent out our case (IN TRANSIT-4 DAYS)
event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.