6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello guys,

This is all by GOOD FAITH ,.

I need help as I'm reading a lot of how all this processing going to be happen ,

today i receive a "NOTICE of ACTION " for the Initial Interview for Adjusting of Status ,

we meet last year October 10 , 2014

then we fall in love to each other,

we spent time together in his all duration of visit , then he propose to me if i want to marry him over the phone the phone.

then He process all the papers for my coming to US , and we my visa application was approve December then next year he came back to my country to see me again , then that ice engagement time , we didn't take any pictures of engagement but we have some couple 6 pictures from last year of two of us ,

i arrive in US April 27 , than June 12,2015 we married in Nevada ,

we applied for my AOS , I-485 last June 19,2015 ,

then i receive a notice that the USCIS receive my file,

then on July 08 i receive multiple notice for my BIOMETRIC Appointment ,

july 31 is my Biometric appointment ,

And IVE done it , then i didn't get any notice after my biometric appointment , I can't get a job and schooling , so i wait

and today August 21,2015 i receive a NOTICE OF ACTION for my INITIAL INTERVIEW for my I- 485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUSTMENT OF Status, that will going to be happen next month September 21,2015,

my Problem was, Im afraid about the interview because i don't know what question they going to ask,

as I read about the interview if they going to ask of any proof about our relationship such as pictures ,

from the time we meet and i have only few, then 2 pieces of pictures during our wedding ceremony which held in vegas by a wedding chapel head,

we don't took a lot of pictures as my husband don't like taking pictures , and we travelled places i have nothing to see a proof but only our hotel voucher and flight ticket,

i don't know what all or some of the proof that they need to see,

where just know each other 9month now, and one of my concern is my EAD AND AP i didn't receive any of them after my Biometric appointment ,

guys advice.

Edited by BS2015

Just rest easy. Bring any evidence you have such as ANY pictures. documentation (insurance card, rental agreement, bank statement). This is all evidence of you two living together. They will then ask you both a couple of questions so just be calm and answering them correctly.

Timeline

im concern if first initial interview is they going to denied us, they directly goes to deportation hehehe,, just asking ,

im not in his insurance card yet and we have only shared bank card account ,,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the AOS/Family-Based main forum -- OP is past the K-1 stage. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I know it stressful, but try to relax. The interviewer is not looking to deport you! They know that you won't have much evidence of co-mingling yet...as noted above, bring what you have and answer the questions openly and honestly. The questions are usually very basic (i.e. how did you meet, who proposed, who was in your wedding, those kinds of questions). You will do fine. Good luck.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I know it stressful, but try to relax. The interviewer is not looking to deport you! They know that you won't have much evidence of co-mingling yet...as noted above, bring what you have and answer the questions openly and honestly. The questions are usually very basic (i.e. how did you meet, who proposed, who was in your wedding, those kinds of questions). You will do fine. Good luck.

thank you very much,.

much appreciated it ,,,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.