nvc_immigration

i-864 confusion. Please help!!!

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

My wife who is an US citizen doesn't meet the income requirement so her grandparents are sponsoring me. My questions are

1. Does my wife need to fill out form i-864 too even if she doesn't make enough?She was told by someone that they didn't have to in the same situation. Only their joint sponsor had to.

2. in the form i-864 it asks for my (the applicant's) mailing address as well. Are they gonna be sending me documents too? cause I don't think it asked for my mailing address for the I-130 ever.

3. Is the nvc case number and the IIN number the same?

4. The i-864 has different categories as you know (the i-864 EZ) and such.. I'm still confused about it. If my wife who diesn't make enough is petitioning for me and we have joint sponsor. which form do we pick to fill out?

Thank you!!!

hi

your wife as the petitioner MUST file an i864 as the primary sponsor

if her grandparents are combining their income between themselves, one of the grandparents will file the i864 and the other will file the i864A as his or her household member

no documents of yours, just the beneficiaries information

the ez form is only for those who don't need joint sponsors

hi

your wife as the petitioner MUST file an i864 as the primary sponsor

if her grandparents are combining their income between themselves, one of the grandparents will file the i864 and the other will file the i864A as his or her household member

no documents of yours, just the beneficiaries information

the ez form is only for those who don't need joint spons

So the sponsors who are my wife's grandparents file their taxes jointly. Does that mean they are both sponsors? We wanted it so that only her grandfather would be the sponsor and not her grandmother because her income is not a lot. In the tax information they have both of their names cause they file jointly.

I had the same situation with my parents-in-law that you have with your wife's grandparents. Married for 50+ years, always filed jointly, own property jointly, etc.

I had my wife fill out her I-864, my mother filled out herI-864. My father-in-law filled out an I-864A. I seperated thei incomes (social security, pension, rental income) as

best as I could, so that the sum of the separated incomes add up to the sum indicating the income in the tax return.

Properties that was in both their names I put under her name and property that was only in his name (a few unbuild lots) I put in his name.

It's a pain to seperate everything when someone has been married for 50+ years!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.