Together4ever

Lazy Sunday

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I wonder how many VJers were affected by the weather yesterday. We had tremendous rain and wind but this morning is partly sunny and gentle.

Today is going to be a lazy one for me. YIPPEE! I like those. Moh is working so I'll just putter around. Hope everyone is snug, warm and content today.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

not a lazy day for me...although i wish! today i'm having a roommate move in for a few months (or until a few weeks before my fiance gets here, if and when he does!) to help save some money for his arrival.

time to go move things around so i an squeeze her in here! :energetic:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Im here, thats about it for now ha will come back after the coffee :dance:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

It was raining today and was craving for food that serves hot but I didn't even know what kind of food. Weird but sometimes it happens.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm here. I made koshari last night and it was so awesome!!!! Unfortunately though I put too much "hot" in it and woke up with terrible indigestion. lol. Haven't had the coffee yet. Just finished a yummie fruit smoothie. My legs feel like lead today 'cause I started on a running program yesterday.

We didn't have any freak weather at all. Still frigid and cold, yet sunny here. :)

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

The weather here is fine for now. Might be bad tomorrow morning.

So much to do, so little time!!! It's my only day off, so I stayed in bed late. Now I have to kick myself to get something done. As for help from my kids :lol: , yeah, right!

I got high blood pressure on top of my medicine and low hemoglobin, have to take Iron for now. So, I don't feel energetic at all!!! Guess, I'll take it easy and do what I can.

BTW, I got a robotic vacuum cleaner, not Roomba, but something cheaper - I watch it while it works. Still haven't decided if I'll keep it - doesn't do a very good job, but better then my know-it-all kids!

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

do you have any leftovers, doodle? i'm so hungry right now! i love spicy!

sucks being on a diet. i'm starving! but i must lose 15lbs by the time i get married! :crying:

Edited by abdounjen

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

ITS A LAZY DAY INDEED! But it doesnt mean I have no work to do. I'll probably start packing and do some laundry. Add a few things to the grocery list for my sister and daughter for when Im gone. They eat so much cereal! My goodness the trix are all gone already! Other than that, probably sleep. I am doing another week with the agency, just to make a few extra bucks to leave here with them. It sucks athat the agencies dont have direct deposit! :angry: But on the same token, its cool because my sister and I look so much alike, I can leave my ID here with her and she can go and cash the check! :whistle::innocent::thumbs:

Limah (L)(F)

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Timeline
do you have any leftovers, doodle? i'm so hungry right now! i love spicy!

sucks being on a diet. i'm starving! but i must lose 15lbs by the time i get married! :crying:

That's the problem I have too many leftovers!!!!! Koshari is kind of different though in that you want to keep the ingredients separate until it's time to eat, soooooo I have a huge bin of basmati rice mixed with vermicelli...plain...no sauce, a huge bin of lentils that were steamed with nothing else on them, a smaller bin of chili mac pastas, plain, a tiny container of onion rings and a tiny container of the sauce that caused the indigestion which is tomatos crushed mixed with olive oil, 8 huge cloves of garlic chopped, some vinegar, cumin, salt, pepper and a ton of tabasco sauce. :)

There's gotta be something I can do with all these lentils. I'll have to go search for a soup recipe since I have a huge cold coming on. I've sneezed about 23 times so far this morning. :unsure:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

A lazy day for me it was not. I have worked two jobs already and am now home to do the laundry. It is never ending. Found were we will getr married yesterday. The lady was great and totally gets the whole immigration thing. So, we reserved a date in June and that can be changed to accomodate us. So glad that is over with. Now I only have a few things to worry about and I have time for all of that. Not much else going on today. Going to finally eat something and get to the laundry.

Doodle you're making me hungry and I'm too lazy to cook!!!

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Timeline
Doodle you're making me hungry and I'm too lazy to cook!!!

omg I made the BEST lentil soup!!!! I got the recipe from Giada and I had all the ingredients except for the carrots. YUM!!!!!

Lentil Soup Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Show: Everyday Italian

Episode: Easter Celebration

2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling

1 medium onion, chopped

2 carrots, peeled and chopped

2 celery stalks, chopped

2 garlic cloves, chopped

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes

1 pound lentils (approximately 1 1/4 cups)

11 cups low-salt chicken broth

4 to 6 fresh thyme sprigs

2/3 cup dried elbow pasta

1 cup shredded Parmesan

Heat the oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper and saute until all the vegetables are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices. Simmer until the juices evaporate a little and the tomatoes break down, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add the lentils and mix to coat. Add the broth and stir. Add the thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer over low heat until the lentils are almost tender, about 30 minutes.

Stir in the pasta. Simmer until the pasta is tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Ladle the soup into bowls. Sprinkle with the Parmesan, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your soup sounds delicious Doodle. Thanks for the recipe.

I am enjoying having my fiance here. I have not had to cook this week at all, and the coming week is looking about as good. We will go the farmer's market this afternoon for him to stock up on the vegetables and spices he likes for cooking. Next weekend is his party (kind of a homecoming/meet the fiance party). We also have our food tasting at the castle Tuesday, and that is the last item before the wedding. The invitations are going out this week..Wow it's amazing how busy things got all of a sudden!

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.