olafgypsy

Will it be an RFE?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok, first the good news: my I-129F arrived at VSC today (the 24th) at 3:01 p.m!! :thumbs:

The bad news: I discovered a dumb typo my fiance and I made on his biographical info that makes it appear as though he lived through the year 2005 twice. This will probably result in an RFE, right? groaaaaaaannnnnnn . . . if so, we will have to deal with Colombia's mail system, which we were desperately hoping to avoid in this stage of the process. :wacko:

Feb 21, 2007: Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority Mail.

Feb 24, 2007: I-129F arrived at VSC at 3:01 p.m.

Feb 27, 2007: NOA1

Feb 28, 2007: They cashed my check.

Mar 2, 2007: Touched! I'm guessing this was my check clearing :)

Mar 5, 2007: NOA1 arrived via snail mail.

Mar 15, 2007: NOA2!!!!!!

Mar 21, 2007: Petition sent to Bogota

May: We send Packet 3 by fax; fax never received.

June: We send packet 3 again; it's sent back because my fiance didn't write NONE and N/A.

July: We send packet 3 again . . .

July 23rd: We get an email from the embassy. Our interview is August 21st!!!

Is Colombia's mail that bad ?.

Maybe you want to start to get stuffs ready just in case you get an RFE, but I hope you won't. Best wishes for you both. :)

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline
Ok, first the good news: my I-129F arrived at VSC today (the 24th) at 3:01 p.m!! :thumbs:

The bad news: I discovered a dumb typo my fiance and I made on his biographical info that makes it appear as though he lived through the year 2005 twice. This will probably result in an RFE, right? groaaaaaaannnnnnn . . . if so, we will have to deal with Colombia's mail system, which we were desperately hoping to avoid in this stage of the process. :wacko:

I know Grenada's mail is that bad. I wouln't just get things ready, I would have him fill it in, print the 4 pages and send it to you right now.

If you get an RFE you will have it in hand (or well on it's way) to send it back into Vermont. If you don't get the RFE...no harm done.

I have lot's of things going between countries right now just to make sure things will be where they are useful when they are needed. I don't want to add any extra days unnecessarily!

Good Luck!

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think that datasage is right - that is what I was going to suggest - ask her to fix the error and sign the form.

That way you have it just in case you receive an RFE.

I know about South American mail but sometimes we're surprised. My fiance mailed me a letter a few months ago and it only took one week.

It'd probably be safer if she sent it to you ASAP - especially because you sent your petition to VSC.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

oh my that red is hard to read

Is Colombia's mail that bad ?.

Maybe you want to start to get stuffs ready just in case you get an RFE, but I hope you won't. Best wishes for you both. :)

Jim and Nhi

10-2-2008 Interview in Vietnam

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-11-08 Home from Vietnam

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

6-26-08 NOA2 for I-129F and I-130

6-25-08 Congressional Expediting Approved

6-23-08 Return to Vietnam for visit

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

3-26-08 Married in Vietnam

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

from what I read in one of Huskerviev's posts (he's the former NSC worker) that it's a real human reading our files and that in some cases (not all but some) depending on the case worker, they will do their best to ascertain the correct information from within your file. The person might read it and say "oh what a silly mistake-of course logic says that this person can't have done this on that date because the information before and after dictates that to be impossible--lol chuckle to one's self and on to the next bit of info :bonk: ". I don't know which question he had the typo in so I can't say whether or not it will be seen as a totally undeniable typo. Of course, you may always get one of the stickler workers who will immediately send and RFE because he/she doesn't feel the information is accurate enough to draw the proper conclusions.

Not sure if this hampers or helps you, but I have learned in life to keep expectations low and prepare for the worst so that anything else is a pleasant surprise (just have it all ready to go just in case)

Good luck and deep breaths

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Knowing how fast Vermont is, if you're going to get an RFE, it'll be much sooner than later! The RFE depends on how closely the information is looked at at Vermont, who looks at it, whether they want to make a stink about it or earn another "credit" by processing the case through. If you think you need to get something to Columbia, mail it tomorrow.

As a point, I sent xeroxed copies (signature too) of my G-325A. I still have the originals. They accepted them without issue. So again, just depends on the Officer reviewing your case!

Edited by joeyjoey

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.