gw68ad78

B Visa Help 4 Family Emergency -Updated (merged/updated title)

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As I sit her sobbing trying to articulate my plea, I know that they best way for me is to be brief and direct so that I may clearly state my case. So here goes...I'm an August K1 Filer. My fiancé, the beneficiary, is Jamaican with no strong ties to his country. In July he applied for a Visitors Visa and was denied due to lack of ties. At the time, we had planned to visit his mother who was about to have open heart surgery in August. Sadly, his mother passed away last night. As of yet he doesn't know if they are planning a US burial. Most of her immediate family already live and have roots in the States. My fiancé would like to attend his own mother's funeral. 1. How would I go about trying to help my fiancé get an expedited visitor's visa? Would he be considered even more of a risk because of his engagement and having so many family members as naturalized citizens... 2. Is trying to get a visitor's visa out of Kingston having stronger US ties than Jamaican a waste of his spent energies? He is a very sensitive man and I would hate for him to endure yet another visa process just for him to be denied. I fear that would even effect his confidence for our K1 application journey...Sorry. I did my best not to ramble and yet I have. Thank you in advance for your suggestions and ideas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. You could try getting your state senator or congressman involved in trying to expedite the process, however there is no guarantee he will get the visa based on his ties to his home country.

2. Having US family usually hurts more than helps in a Tourist visa. However, it never hurts to try for $165.00. In addition, denied tourist visas really have no effect on an impending K-1 as a K-1 already establishes immigrant intent.

I wish you luck, and hope your wounds heal quickly. God Bless.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

His family are living legally in the US, is there a reason he stayed behind?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

His family came legally and became citizens many years ago. They wanted him to attend school here but he had no interest in leaving Jamaica in his younger years (he's 37, no kids, no land in his name only a job which he plans on leaving with the k1). The only thing we have going for us in terms of ties is that we are applying legally for a visa and that I had already purchased round trip tickets to Jamaica for October. No ties. :-(

Timeline

No harm trying, usually a Visitor Visa appointment can be had pretty quickly, if you have a date for the funeral and need it quicker then check the web site, usually there is a process for that.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

He can only make a request to the Kingston embassy, there is nothing a Senator or Congressman can do on his behalf. There must be family members still in Jamaica, and they will be holding a 9 night celebration for the decease, this can and will be able to put his mind at ease.

Before someone jumps onboard and say there is absolutely no other family members in Jamaica, that will be a hard pill to swallow.

My condolence to the family for their loss.

Timeline

Thank you to ur responses. There are extended family members across the globe including Jamaica. I'm sure he will find comfort in friends and family and tributes taking place in his hometown. It may b more constructive if I focus on joining him for any local ceremonial rites. I don't wish him to suffer more grief, worry, or stress thinking about a visitors visa. His mom's spirit is with The Lord not here in the States.

Timeline

Well he should apply, what else is there to say?

There is no harm trying, last yr our neighbors mom passed , she and all

siblings lived in the US for yrs, but thereother that lives in the family ho,e

in JA with no interest to even visit the USA, her mom while visiting passed

and sending her back was too expensive.

The brother had no bank account, kids or wifehe just power of atty (limited)

for the home, they think it was impossible, I toldry with his job letter & P of A

This was sent Hospital letter that she passed, letter from the under-taker that

got the body, letter from pastor where she would be churched.

He got a one entry visa the same day he applied in the afternoon, he returned

home in 2-3 wks, he renewed his visa in July got 10 yrs is presently visiting and

is packing to leave for home this wkend.

He can try, the difference is that he was denied visa to visit & currently a petition

is pending for him that's where he will have to convince the CO he will do the right

thing and return home after the funeral.

A congress-person cannot really help unless it was a situation that she had passed

due to a criminal situation or some major event like terrorism etc..May she RIP

my condolences to your family

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you to ur responses. There are extended family members across the globe including Jamaica. I'm sure he will find comfort in friends and family and tributes taking place in his hometown. It may b more constructive if I focus on joining him for any local ceremonial rites. I don't wish him to suffer more grief, worry, or stress thinking about a visitors visa. His mom's spirit is with The Lord not here in the States.

I think this sounds like a great idea. Having you there with him will be very meaningful and caring.

Im still under i-130 process with USCIS, back to april 27 i went to renewal my B1/B2 visa cause my wife she was due to deliver our twins last month, however the consular officer knows that I'm intend to immigrant to US base on the I-130 filed by my wife but still we was totally understanding the situation that my wife need me as emotional and finance supportive. Anyway after long interview about 45 minutes he approved it but he gave an case number which's mean need more mandatory administrative processing before they issue the visa. My point is the consular he's human and he can understand you fiancé situation and consider it as emergency and granted him the visa, all he need to do to be honest and clear in his answers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.