dunkelheit

Requesting refund from NVC

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, did any one have any experience requesting a refund from NVC? We emailed NVC about 3 weeks ago but have not heard anything back. We submitted the request because we paid our IV fee twice and NVC took both of them.

We emailed both asknvc@state.gov and nvcinquiry@state.gov with our transaction confirmations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

I also paid twice, but I did so to move my case along faster. Let me explain:

I first paid the IV fee by mail because the computer system was down and was unavailable for online payment. Though they sent me an email claiming to receive my check by mail (and several phone calls confirmed that), the status was never changed on ceac and so I was unable to fill out the DS 260.

After about a month of waiting, I noticed that the IV fee had become available to pay online, so I did so...and the next day or so, the DS 260 became available.

Soooo, though I can't speak to your question about requesting a refund, I assumed the money to be lost in my case. I have made subsequent phone calls to NVC and it must not be apparent to the call center that I paid the fee twice. You should continue trying, but I think you can consider the money gone. Sorry

Also, I should add that emailing them has usually required about 60 days for a reply. Calling may work, but always requires a lot of effort just to get through.

Edited by muhiretomas

Timeline

I also paid twice, but I did so to move my case along faster. Let me explain:

I first paid the IV fee by mail because the computer system was down and was unavailable for online payment. Though they sent me an email claiming to receive my check by mail (and several phone calls confirmed that), the status was never changed on ceac and so I was unable to fill out the DS 260.

After about a month of waiting, I noticed that the IV fee had become available to pay online, so I did so...and the next day or so, the DS 260 became available.

Soooo, though I can't speak to your question about requesting a refund, I assumed the money to be lost in my case. I have made subsequent phone calls to NVC and it must not be apparent to the call center that I paid the fee twice. You should continue trying, but I think you can consider the money gone. Sorry

Also, I should add that emailing them has usually required about 60 days for a reply. Calling may work, but always requires a lot of effort just to get through.

Thank you for your reply. That's actually exactly what happened in our case. We first paid the fee by check and then when the online portal started working again we paid it electronically. We have also called NVC, but the operator directed us to send NVC an email, which we did but never heard anything back. It's been a month now but I guess I should wait further or just give up....

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

NVC takes now about 60 days to response. I just got my response from e-mail which I sent on 06/16/2015, they responded on 08/20/2015 so it takes them a while to go through them..

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you for your reply. That's actually exactly what happened in our case. We first paid the fee by check and then when the online portal started working again we paid it electronically. We have also called NVC, but the operator directed us to send NVC an email, which we did but never heard anything back. It's been a month now but I guess I should wait further or just give up....

Hi, I am one of the victim of paying the fee twice and after hearing all these I can setup my mind that I lost $445 :(

@dunkelheit if you get an email could you please update the status about the refund I will also update once I hear anything back from them as I sent email to NVC awhile ago waiting for the response.

Timeline

Hi, I am one of the victim of paying the fee twice and after hearing all these I can setup my mind that I lost $445 :(

@dunkelheit if you get an email could you please update the status about the refund I will also update once I hear anything back from them as I sent email to NVC awhile ago waiting for the response.

I sure will. It's been almost 2 months now and I'm losing my patience...

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys did you hear news about the refund? I am on the same boat like you and I feel bad loosing that money $$

Did you send an email to NVC notifying that you paid the Fee twice if you have already sent an email that's fine otherwise send an email with all the proofs that you paid your fee twice including the money order that was cashed by DOS with the scanned copies then you will get an email stating that you request is sent to the accounts department.

• 2 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.