hisempress2013

Administrative processing after approval

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Husband approved on July 28th 2015 then put in administrative processing still waiting. CEAC status states READY. Emailed Kingston embassy which only response is this case is in administrative processing and will be contacted soon as complete. Just when I though we was finish with this horrible ordeal. At his interview officer clearly stated approved and to pick up passport next week which was last week and make sure to travel before September 30th medical will expire on this date. The medical in Kingston is $330 US this is just a terrible experience did everything that they ask in a timely manner. Anyone know of this treatment after approval. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everyone goes into to AP no matter what kind of visa they're getting. Sometimes it's a few days, sometimes it can last months depending on the circumstances.....even for those that are approved. Ours was approved and it took a month to get it in hand (like you they said a week) and ours was in AP for less than a day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Everyone goes into to AP no matter what kind of visa they're getting. Sometimes it's a few days, sometimes it can last months depending on the circumstances.....even for those that are approved. Ours was approved and it took a month to get it in hand (like you they said a week) and ours was in AP for less than a day.

I think OP knows that, OP is concerned about having to re-do the medical if it expires before the visa is in hand. Wouldn't the embassy be able to expedite in a situation like that? Or would they say it's your fault for doing the medical too early?

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

AP will take as long as it has to be and the embassy don't care if the medical will expire. Just be prepared in case it has to be done again.

Edited by apple21

Timeline

I think OP knows that, OP is concerned about having to re-do the medical if it expires before the visa is in hand. Wouldn't the embassy be able to expedite in a situation like that? Or would they say it's your fault for doing the medical too early?

That's not what I got from it...I know they're worried about medical expiring but also seem to be worried about AP.......either way. Unless you just get really lucky and get ahold of someone super nice, they don't care if the medical will expire, the will process things on there own time unless there is some sort of emergency backed by proof.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

That's not what I got from it...I know they're worried about medical expiring but also seem to be worried about AP.......either way. Unless you just get really lucky and get ahold of someone super nice, they don't care if the medical will expire, the will process things on there own time unless there is some sort of emergency backed by proof.

Well I think it would be worth it to get a senator's or congressman's inquiry on it, at least trying is better than doing nothing. And it might work. You never know how much $400 could mean to someone

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Timeline

Thanks for your input, but I just didn't understand why they would tell him he approved and he can pick up his passport the following week now this. These people have taken us through hell and back. his interview in April the officer said everything was alright just wanted him to being clearance letter from court for having possession of a knife as a juvenile which he wasn't charged for. His police record is clean. He did that then the officer tells him to retake his drug test after he passed his medical. He gets to the clinic that make him retake the whole medical vaccinations and all due to embassy doesn't except partial medicals well that's what he was told so after that they tell him his visa application fee is expired so now he given an interview to repay visa application fee and be sworn in by an officer than was approved and told to pick up passport following week already registered with dhl from sending documents from before. Now back in AP after approved and on the CEAC WEBSITE the status reads READY smh this whole process is insane.

Timeline

Yes I was wondering the same thing when I seen the status said ready but then I emailed Kingston embassy and that's when they stated this case is currently in administrative processing and will be contacted when complete. This is torture I first filed for my husband in 2013 we been together since 2009 this is hell stressful

Timeline

I'm confused as to why it says ready not ap, unless they are just being lazy not updating it. AP is a standard waiting game, mostly imposed on male benificaries, unfortunately! With AP there is nothing to do but wait, contacting a senator or congressman will do nothing but get your hopes up. My congressman told me that the embassy told him that they are unable to respond to any political influence as this would be unethical. Contacting a lawyer will just eat your $ for no reason. There is nothing they can do. AP= A patience test. There are people who wait days, weeks, months, and few wait years. It is not fair, nor is it holy by any means. It is emotional torture, to be physically separated from your spouse without your consent.

We have survived 430 days of AP torture, and I look at it so differently now. We both feel like our relationship is so rock solid strong, having survived every day of this hell. Nothing and no one can disturb our happiness, and we know beyond any doubt our love will survive forever, because this experience proves how deep our love is. Only 2 people who cannot live without the other can endure this torure, and it is comforting to know that someone would stay with you day in and day out through this horrible prison without any sign of parole....for over a year....that's love. Some people on here have been waiting 3/4 years, it's very rare, but it happens. Our best advice is to not stress and take it each day at a time. I say everyday is anyday....but now I also say today's the day! Because seriously it will just happen, it'll say issued. Best wishes for everyone's ISSUEDS now!!!

Mine stayed at ready for three weeks then in a single turned to ap to issued. Passport delivered 7 days later.....

Timeline

Well I hope and pray that will be our outcome we really tired of repaying all these fees like our money grow on trees because there slow in processing smh

Timeline

Well I hope and pray that will be our outcome we really tired of repaying all these fees like our money grow on trees because there slow in processing smh

I meant mined turned from ready to ap to issued in a single day....anyway.....

I hope you get relief soon, you've certainly been at it long enough, though my visa journey itself was much shorter we have been together quite a few years like you and couldn't get the right time because of my work.

Timeline

I meant mined turned from ready to ap to issued in a single day....anyway.....

I hope you get relief soon, you've certainly been at it long enough, though my visa journey itself was much shorter we have been together quite a few years like you and couldn't get the right time because of my work.

Thanks a lot :)

From other posts, the status changes to ready, and possible back to AP before it says "Issued". It's a good sign; the wait is almost over.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

From other posts, the status changes to ready, and possible back to AP before it says "Issued". It's a good sign; the wait is almost over.

Thanks I hope so, I'm so ready for this to be over been going on too long. You have gave me some type of hope I was thinking something was wrong again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.