Janelle2002

Drop In Black Men In Medical School Will Have Alarming Affects On Community Health

133 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

so, now that 'the problem' has been identified (back at post #1)

do you feel that a generation, 10 years, is enough time

to rectify the lack o black male doctors?

yes? no? if no, why no ?

tick tock, the calendar started last month.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

so, now that 'the problem' has been identified (back at post #1)

do you feel that a generation, 10 years, is enough time

to rectify the lack o black male doctors?

yes? no? if no, why no ?

tick tock, the calendar started last month.

I think 10 years isn't enough time. You're dealing with decades upon decades of issues.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

yet each new generation has a fresh start, without being weighed down by prior bullshht...

sorry Marvin. You gave a fail answer.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yet each new generation has a fresh start, without being weighed down by prior bullshht...

Every generation is weighed down by the previous generation's BS. My generation was weighed down by the BS of STRANGER DANGER and so helicopter parenting has become out of control, meaning that critical thinking and independent decision making will be problems for the next generation. These are just broad examples, but demonstrative of the larger issue.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Timeline

nice idea, but nope.

each and every time, there's 2 parents, at least 1 black male child, and a domicile. what happens inside of that home is uniquely up to the parents, not society outside of the home.

What fresh start are you talking about Darnell?

I'm a black man who doesn't have a criminal background, pays his taxes, and generally acts like I have some sense and manners. And you know what? I STILL get asked if I'm ghetto. Or that I steal from my loved ones. Or the look on people's faces when I say I in college working on my degree. I'm retired from the military, clean cut, and work for the federal government, and I still can't shake it. I have to go out of the way and talk so polite to disarm strangers because the first thing they think is I'm going to be loud and angry. My sons are biracial, they're not even completely black, and I have to console them when the kids at their school make fun of them for having a black father.

We have black movie stars who are pulled over by the police like their common criminals, black men and women being killed by each other and the cops at record numbers, and a black president who a nice amount of people don't even think he's an American. We can't wear hoodies. We have to wear suits and ties just to go to the store. We have to work 10 times as hard just to be considered equal. And if we fail, we can't use it as an excuse. We get killed and it's our fault for being out at night, asking questions, or being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Being black is a crime within itself. Look it up, we're the most hated race on the planet. And for what? I still can't figure it out. We haven't committed mass genocide like Hitler, Pol Pot, or even the folks that "found" this country. We haven't stolen anyone's land or invaded another country like when Japan was cutting a swath across China and Korea. Even the people in Europe that are dark skinned refuse to identify as black. It's an insult to them.

I have yet to see this fresh start...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

nice idea, but nope.

each and every time, there's 2 parents, at least 1 black male child, and a domicile. what happens inside of that home is uniquely up to the parents, not society outside of the home.

So you are saying, then, that children never leave the home and the parents' decisions happen in absentia of societal pressures, biases and ideals? Where does this family live? In an off the grid homestead a thousand miles from anyone in the outback of Australia?

2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

nice idea, but nope.

Really, cause my mom raised me to be a good man, and I've experienced police brutality. How do you explain that?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

ask yer father about it Marvin, really !

Timeline

ask yer father about it Marvin, really !

What the hell does his father have to do with it?

Marvin is a good man. Marvin is a clean cut man. Marvin has experienced police brutality. These are the facts. His father has all to do with it. Stick to the facts.

If Marvin is clean cut, if Marvin is a good man, if Marvin treats others with respect, if Marvin looks after his children, if Marvin is at college after military service, then why has Marvin experienced police brutality? The police don't know Marvin's parents, they see Marvin.

March 13, 2014 Married!

Nope, a new generation doesn't have a fresh start. It becomes tainted by people who still teach ignorance to their children.

My children have been called black n##### b####### more than once. These are kids with citizenship, 3 star honor roll. etc. No matter how good we do we are still only accepted by a small minority. They are now tainted by someone else's hate and will grow up with the fear of being black on their shoulders.

Timeline

So you are saying, then, that children never leave the home and the parents' decisions happen in absentia of societal pressures, biases and ideals? Where does this family live? In an off the grid homestead a thousand miles from anyone in the outback of Australia?

nope - not saying that at all. you burned what, 119 calories, on that stretch ? come on. refocus a bit.

Timeline

Nope, a new generation doesn't have a fresh start. It becomes tainted by people who still teach ignorance to their children.

My children have been called black n##### b####### more than once. These are kids with citizenship, 3 star honor roll. etc. No matter how good we do we are still only accepted by a small minority. They are now tainted by someone else's hate and will grow up with the fear of being black on their shoulders.

I'm sorry your kids get this #######, Janelle. I know you're doing your best and I know that the cards are stacked against you and it's not fair. I hope things get better as they get older and the future lets them trust.

March 13, 2014 Married!

Timeline

nope - not saying that at all. you burned what, 119 calories, on that stretch ? come on. refocus a bit.

I'm not stretching.

When parents are inundated with STRANGERS WILL STEAL YOUR CHILDREN! THEY ARE ON EVERY STREET CORNER, LURKING WITH THEIR HARD GENITALS AND CANDY AND KNIVES! then parents parent according to the fear that they experience based on that. They hover over their children, make sure the doors are always locked, make sure they know every moment of their child's day so nothing can happen. Those children grow up and the parenting influences that they have taught them that you must watch your children. They see messages that you MUST BE INVOLVED WITH YOUR CHILDREN OR THEY WILL NEVER GET JOBS AND GET INTO COLLEGE and they become extreme helicopter parents, even accompanying their children to job interviews.

Parents parent based on societal pressures. Look at what happens to so called free range parenting movements--they get arrested and their children get collected by police to force them to fit the helicopter model.

Now, I was raised by white people. I can't say for sure what the pressures facing black parents are, but I can imagine them (and please, Janelle and Marvin, correct any inaccuracies so I can learn!). I imagine that when black parents see black kids getting shot for going to the corner store wearing a hoodie, they teach their children not to wear hoodies and to make sure they stay in the light with their hands out in the open. They try to teach their sons to do exactly what a police officer says even while they lay awake at night worrying that their child won't live to go to bed tomorrow because all a police officer has to say is 'the kid went for my gun' and they'll be backed up on that. When they've seen the effects on their families and communities of medical experimentation on people of colour, when they've been misdiagnosed because doctors miss symptoms they'd see in a heartbeat in a white person, they tell their kids to try and find a doctor of colour because they'll get substandard care from a white doctor.

A household is not outside of society, it is part of it and subject to its pressures.

March 13, 2014 Married!

I'm sorry your kids get this #######, Janelle. I know you're doing your best and I know that the cards are stacked against you and it's not fair. I hope things get better as they get older and the future lets them trust.

Thanks NAT. I try to teach them not to hold this against everyone they meet. But it's a focking shame that I teach my kids the right thing and there are other parents who won't. I mean, really, it's 2015, get with the problem. Now my kids are baring a scar they shouldn't have to.

So long for having a clean slate each generation. Maybe my grand kids generation will be better.