myidentity07

K1 interview cleared case status Administrative Processing

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I had my interview on 24th July 2015, the interview went well and counsellor informed me that I have cleared the interview. However he returned my passport with a 221g as they required me submit my original birth certificate. He informed that they will issue the visa in a weeks time after I submit my birth certificate.

I submitted the document last week along with my passport at the VAC, it will be a week on Thursday. How long does the consulate really take to process the application? I have been checking the case status online, it still shows Administrative Processing. When I tried to track my passport it shows it is still with the consulate, I'm really unsure how long it will take for me to get the visa after reading about Administrative Processing status in various forums.

Anyone gone through the same?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It takes from 5 - 10 days for your package to go through security before being handed to the agent handling your case. 5 to 10 days after that you get your visa or hear from them.

K1 Visa Journey

Event Date
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
Consulate: Montreal, Canada
I-129F Sent: 2012-12-27
I-129F NOA1: 2013-01-17
I-129F RFE(s): 2013-05-31
RFE Reply(s): 2013-06-04
I-129F NOA2: 2013-12-19

Consulate Received: 2014-04-17
Packet 3 Received: 2014-06-13
Packet 3 Sent: 2014-06-17
Packet 4 Received: 2014-08-27
Interview Date: 2014-10-24

Interview Result: Administrative Review
Second Interview
(If Required): No
Approved: 2014-07-17
Visa in hand: 2014-07-21

Adjustment of Status

Event Date
CIS Office: Chicago Lockbox/Tampa FL
Date Filed: 2015-12-07
NOA Date: 2015-12-16
NOA Hardcopy: 2015-12-21
RFE(s):
Bio. Appt.:
AOS Transfer**:
Interview Date:
Approval / Denial Date:
Approved:
Got I551 Stamp:
Green card Received:
Comments: Angry white men be like

xfarp.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tons of people, sometimes just a week or two sometimes closer to two months. If you've replies to everything then you're just in a waiting game, doesn't matter that they said a week.

Timeline

It takes from 5 - 10 days for your package to go through security before being handed to the agent handling your case. 5 to 10 days after that you get your visa or hear from them.

Thnx for the info....really hope it happens sooner than later....fingers crossed maybe early next week I will have an update..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thnx for the info....really hope it happens sooner than later....fingers crossed maybe early next week I will have an update..

Did you forget taking your birth certificate to the interview? or if you dint had one at that time, did you submit any certificate such as non availability certificate along with the school leaving cert?

Timeline

Did you forget taking your birth certificate to the interview? or if you dint had one at that time, did you submit any certificate such as non availability certificate along with the school leaving cert?

I didn't have my birth certificate till now. I had a certificate of birth from the town council which I had submitted with the initial application and it was approved. I had already requested for a birth certificate before my interview but then they wanted the birth certificate to issue the visa.

Got an update on the case today, the status has changed to 'Ready', I should hopefully have the visa in a few days time. I'm planning to travel this week itself.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When your status is administrative processing is that mean everything is ok and I will here soon from them ??????

Any one no what that really means

My fiancé never was told he needed anything from me I think they are just double checking on things since he lives in a country were there is a lot of fraud

I hate it when two people love each so much and we have to wait on someone to say ok you may go and be happy

But I will stay strong and things will be ok just pray that I don't have to wait long it's already been a year since I have seen him omg

Timeline

What did the counsellor tell your fiancé? Did they give her a 221 g? In my case the counsellor had told me that your interview is done u just need to submit the document. I had confirmed with him that if I had cleared the interview and he had replied 'yes'.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.