aaron9350

K1 visa and child of annulled marriage (Philippines)

173 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok this might seem like a dumb question but what middle name goes in part 1 Information about you of the I-485, her middle name before she married or her maiden name?

If your wife is following traditional Philippine name format her maiden name is now her middle name.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Ok this might seem like a dumb question but what middle name goes in part 1 Information about you of the I-485, her middle name before she married or her maiden name?

If she is using her new name and it's the Filipino machination ie. first name - maiden name - husband's last name then that is how she will fill out her documents going forward.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

For filling out the I-131 in part 2 I checked block 1a, is that correct for K1 and K2? or check block 1d?

1D would be my choice. You don't have a green card (if you did you wouldn't need this ;) ) so you are not a permanent resident - yet.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok thanks I used 1d for that. A couple more questions here:

1. What do people put in the next couple pages of the I-131 for processing info, info about your proposed trip, advanced parole info?

2. My wife and I went to the SS office and they are processing her name change but using her middle name from before she was married

as her middle name, not her maiden name as her middle name. Is this right? I suppose it varies from SS office so I suppose we will use what they

gave us.

Edited by aaron9350

Timeline

Ok thanks I used 1d for that. A couple more questions here:

1. What do people put in the next couple pages of the I-131 for processing info, info about your proposed trip, advanced parole info?

2. My wife and I went to the SS office and they are processing her name change but using her middle name from before she was married

as her middle name, not her maiden name as her middle name. Is this right? I suppose it varies from SS office so I suppose we will use what they

gave us.

It happens. Some SSA offices can be difficult. Once you have the GC with your (traditional) married name you can go back down to SSA and have the card changed.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hello again, does anyone know where there is a template for the AOS Cover Letter from USC Spouse, Primary Sponsor for the affidavit of support? Didn't see one on the Filipino American Visa center

Timeline

Hello again, does anyone know where there is a template for the AOS Cover Letter from USC Spouse, Primary Sponsor for the affidavit of support? Didn't see one on the Filipino American Visa center

We didn't use a cover letter with AOS, just organized the forms and documents, slapped a big paper clip on and tossed it in the mail (priority mail with tracking)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Ok I see, I was reading that someone else listed this for the affidavit of support: Cover Letter from USC Spouse, Primary Sponsor (Explaining knowledge of Financial Obligations towards sponsoring you, the applicant) but if is not needed I'll disregard it.

Timeline

Ok I see, I was reading that someone else listed this for the affidavit of support: Cover Letter from USC Spouse, Primary Sponsor (Explaining knowledge of Financial Obligations towards sponsoring you, the applicant) but if is not needed I'll disregard it.

The I-864 is all the acknowledgement USCIS is looking for in that regard .. ;):)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Cover letter is a nice to have but a need to have. It can be a tool to organize your package both for you and the adjudicator. Example of a letter is at my website, use the AOS tab. Link is below.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

I do have a cover letter for the AOS package, I was not going to include one for just the affidavit of support though.

Also, I'm finishing the G325 forms for the K2s and was wondering in the block for father, is this the biological father or is this me, the step father? I was thinking biological.

And for the package for each K2, do I need to make an exact copy of everything? The marriage certificate, the affidavit of support, wedding photos for each K2 also? 3 copies of everything exactly? Thanks

I do have a cover letter for the AOS package, I was not going to include one for just the affidavit of support though.

Also, I'm finishing the G325 forms for the K2s and was wondering in the block for father, is this the biological father or is this me, the step father? I was thinking biological.

And for the package for each K2, do I need to make an exact copy of everything? The marriage certificate, the affidavit of support, wedding photos for each K2 also? 3 copies of everything exactly? Thanks

When I did my two K-2s I used the bio-father's information. The packages for the K-2's were exact duplicates of their mothers. I was thinking what if they are split up for processing and no paperwork. So I just duplicated what I did for their mom and sure enough it looks like they were split up because the have large gaps between GC expiration dates. My wife's GC expires 123 days prior to the children. Go figure. Had to file the ROC differently for them.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.