FranSen1021

I need help with I-134

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just had my interview for work, as i have been unemployed due to some set backs with paper works from my school. I am 24, and i graduated 2014. Our visa just recently got approved and I am waiting for thr NOA2 arrival so we could get things moving.

Now i have very very very supportive parents, and i heard multiple times that i can have people in my immediate family (my parents) help in the sponsorship of the financial side of this.

I hope there are others here who have gone through this, but please help me understand how this works because as of right now, my parents are the only ones who are financially stable through their 40 yrs of work.

Thank you!

Am a fellow Californian.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Will your current job be above the poverty guidelines? From what I've heard, you should be able to show that your current income is 125% of the poverty guidelines. If that is the case, I'm not sure if you would need a cosponsor at all. I have no experience personally with the Philippines, but I have read that they typically don't like cosponsors. Wait for someone else to chime in. Good luck!

K1 until Green Card

01/13/15 - I-129F package sent

01/15/15 - Arrived at Texas Service Center (sigh...)

01/27/15 - NOA1 in hand

07/16/15 - Case was approved!

07/21/15 - NOA2 in hand

07/24/15 - Case sent to NVC

08/03/15 - NVC Case # Assigned / Case sent to embassy (estimate)

08/05/15 - Arrived at embassy

08/12/15 - Packet 3 received

08/17/15 - Packet 3 sent

08/28/15 - Packet 4 received

09/28/15 - Medical

09/30/15 - Interview - approved

10/07/15 - K1 Visa in hand

10/22/15 - POE

11/06/15 - Married!

12/15/15 - I-485 package sent
02/29/16 - I-485 approved (interview waived)

03/08/16 - Green Card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It'####### or missing having someone else help sponsor no one can tell you for sure what they will say. Your current income is over? That may be enough to satisfy them. Just so you know the past 3 or 4 months they've stopping asking or looking at the 134 or income documentation....I would still bring since they always have the right to ask for it though.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

With the K-1 visa there are no guarantees that USEM will accept a co-sponsor, BUT if they do, having the co-sponsor being a close family member will tip the scale in your favor for sure.

Make the Philippines forum your new home away from home for the visa chase in Manila, your will get answers relating to the process for the Philippines

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from K1 to Philippines forum as USEM has specific policies about the I-134 sponsors ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I just had my interview for work, as i have been unemployed due to some set backs with paper works from my school. I am 24, and i graduated 2014. Our visa just recently got approved and I am waiting for thr NOA2 arrival so we could get things moving.

Now i have very very very supportive parents, and i heard multiple times that i can have people in my immediate family (my parents) help in the sponsorship of the financial side of this.

I hope there are others here who have gone through this, but please help me understand how this works because as of right now, my parents are the only ones who are financially stable through their 40 yrs of work.

Thank you!

Am a fellow Californian.

Your salary needs to exceed at 100% the poverty amount for the interview. After marriage and at the time of AOS filing it needs to be 125%. See the poverty guidelines here. If your above those levels guidelines then your ok. Further reading here.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.