canuk2usa

What's better: file ds260 first and after send Aos/iv?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Send the AOS and civil docs even if you haven't filled up the DS-260 so that by the time you do so, they already have your papers which they can immediately review. This is what I did (for my son's case).

N-400 process

03/03/16 Submitted N-400 application and docs
03/09/16 USCIS ackn rcpt (txt, email, and NOA1) and chk cashed
03/29/16 Biometrics (walked in - orig date 04/05/16)
04/04/16 In Line for an Interview (txt, email, and checked case status)

05/16/16 Scheduled for an Interview (Case Status Online)

05/20/16 Received I/L
06/24/16 Interview date (PASSED)
07/20/16 Oath-taking at LACC ( I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!)

Send the AOS/IV packet as soon as you get a bar code...most wait until they get the AOS fee receipt bar code. Then send both together two hole punched at the top bound together with an ACCO binder. The AOS/IV Packet is reviewed independent of the 260.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually in my case, DS-260 should be available today or tomorrow. But I'm still gathering a few more things for the AOS/IV package, so maybe 2 more weeks until that's ready.

I'm just wondering if there could be a downside to filing DS-260 well in advance of AOS/IV? as I see most people send AOS/IV first.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well it depends it seems nvc is a bit faster in reviewing documents for now,I summited my aos/iv after sumission of the ds260....I got case complete 20 after getting my scan dates so it depends your choice

No it doesn't matter what order you do it in if you have to collect documents still. Make sure you send the entire IV and AOS together as otherwise it delays processing. It's okay to submit the DS-260 before the IV/AOS docs are submitted.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Since I'm going the EP route. I am going to send two separate emails, one after another. One will be all IV and the other AOS. I feel like if I combine both of these into one email, there is going to be WAY too many files and they are not going to be able to figure it out.

Do you really think I'm shooting myself in the foot for sending as 2 emails?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.