Pilunso15

Experiented with drugs, will I be denied?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, this is my first time posting and couldn't find my topic anywhere. Well I'm 15 years old and today I went and took my medical exams and the doctor asked me if I have ever been a habitual drug user and I said no, but then she asked if I have ever experimented with marijuana and I truthfully said yes, about 3 months ago and have never done it again nor do I plan on it. Will I be denied my visa? My stepmother is petitioning on my behalf. She filed an I-130. I'm really scared please help me guys all I want to do is go back to where I've been raised my whole life.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most likely a temporary visa denial due to recent use. You may get a one year ban and after that you can apply again for the immigrant visa at the embassy.

Good luck.

Timeline

So even if the urinalysis is negative, I will still be denied?

Mere admission can result to a denial.

Timeline

Ok well I've contacted our immigration lawyer and I'm waiting in his response, but I am really hoping the CO will let me pass. Yes I realize what I did was very stupid but in the 11 years I've been in the U.S. I have done nothing bad except for this. I don't see why I should be denied if I'm not an abuser or an addict and don't plan on doing it again.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

A lawyer cannot change the mind of an IO. They will make the final choice. Regardless of it being a one time thing, it's still illegal.

Also I'm confused, you were raised in the USA, how were you here legally?

Edited by Transborderwife

Timeline

Ok well I've contacted our immigration lawyer and I'm waiting in his response, but I am really hoping the CO will let me pass. Yes I realize what I did was very stupid but in the 11 years I've been in the U.S. I have done nothing bad except for this. I don't see why I should be denied if I'm not an abuser or an addict and don't plan on doing it again.

Wait, you're in the US now? Are you going thru adjustment of status? Or consular processing (you will have the interview at the US Embassy)?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wait, you're in the US now? Are you going thru adjustment of status? Or consular processing (you will have the interview at the US Embassy)?

They mentioned wanting to go back hone where they spent most their life and also said they spent 11 years in the states. Sounds like they are overseas trying to come back to the states....

Timeline

I came over unknowingly when I was like 3 years old so I'm safe because I'm a minor. And I know the attorney can't change their mind, I'm not dumb people. I just contacted him for professional advice. He said to just answer the questions and if they do bring it up tell them what I did and nothing more. He said he's seen cases where the doctor didn't take note of it the official exam and people have gotten their visas and being a minor might make it easier. Who knows what'll happen, I just don't want to live in Mexico.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.