S1mone

Need to have I-693 completed- physical again? (split)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi thank you so much for posting! I have a question though, I just had my AOS interview on August 3 and the immigration officer informed me that I need to see a civil surgeon to complete the form I-693. I have completed my physical exam and vaccinations in the Philippines in November of 2014 and I perfectly understand that I need not to redo my medical exam if I filed my AOS within a year of an overseas medical exam. The thing is on my DS 3025 the summary part isn't completed so I need to see a CS for to complete the I-693 for me- ( sorry I am going around here) So for my question, Do i need to repeat the physical exam and undergo all the blood work and skin test again? Or the CS just need to fill out the vaccination part of the I-693? would I get an RFE if I don't repeat my Physical exam?

I need your answers- I would visit the CS tomorrow afternoon and I don't know what should I tell him. Thank you so much in advance.

Hi thank you so much for posting! I have a question though, I just had my AOS interview on August 3 and the immigration officer informed me that I need to see a civil surgeon to complete the form I-693. I have completed my physical exam and vaccinations in the Philippines in November of 2013 and I perfectly understand that I need not to redo my medical exam if I filed my AOS within a year of an overseas medical exam. The thing is on my DS 3025 the summary part isn't completed so I need to see a CS for to complete the I-693 for me- ( sorry I am going around here) So for my question, Do i need to repeat the physical exam and undergo all the blood work and skin test again? Or the CS just need to fill out the vaccination part of the I-693? would I get an RFE if I don't repeat my Physical exam?

I need your answers- I would visit the CS tomorrow afternoon and I don't know what should I tell him. Thank you so much in advance.

Edited by S1mone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi thank you so much for posting! I have a question though, I just had my AOS interview on August 3 and the immigration officer informed me that I need to see a civil surgeon to complete the form I-693. I have completed my physical exam and vaccinations in the Philippines in November of 2013 and I perfectly understand that I need not to redo my medical exam if I filed my AOS within a year of an overseas medical exam. The thing is on my DS 3025 the summary part isn't completed so I need to see a CS for to complete the I-693 for me- ( sorry I am going around here) So for my question, Do i need to repeat the physical exam and undergo all the blood work and skin test again? Or the CS just need to fill out the vaccination part of the I-693? would I get an RFE if I don't repeat my Physical exam?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Take a look at the fine informative pinned thread located at the top of this forum page, Immunizations, DS-3025 or I-893: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

You need to clarify what the officer was asking for. Some ask that the medical be done over since 20 months have passed since you were cleared. I think he would have said "you are missing a shot" if immunizations were the reason he couldn't approve. Were you given anything in writing.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You need to clarify what the officer was asking for. Some ask that the medical be done over since 20 months have passed since you were cleared. I think he would have said "you are missing a shot" if immunizations were the reason he couldn't approve. Were you given anything in writing.

Hi Nich- Nick,

thank you so much for responding. The officer didn't talk about my physical exam- He couldn't give a decision for my gc because the bottom part of my DS 3029 is blank and the physician in Manila didn't tick any boxes that said that I am complete with the required vaccinations- I am done with MMR, Varicella, and TDAP. I was given a letter saying that I need to see a civil surgeon to complete form I-693, I asked the officer if I need to do my vaccinations again and he only said that I need to talk to CS to fill out form I-693 for me.

Re physical examination - the rule has to be within a year right? So I might see a CS today to transcribe the shots I had in Manila. Is that right? or do I need to repeat everything again?

Thank u so much for your response. I really appreciate it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

As a K-1, you should only need the vaccinations done. Since this was an RFE from the IO at your interview, you might want to get the exam along with the vaccinations to be completely safe, unless the IO specified they only needed you to get the vaccinations portion.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Hi,

I had a question similar to the one posted on this thread. I am about to file for AOS. I had my medical exam and vaccinations done back home in June. I'm aware that even though I had a medical exam and complete vaccinations during my K-1 process, I need to get form I-693 signed from a CS and send it with my I-485. The thing is, I was only given a copy of my complete vaccination record at that time, the rest of my medical exam record (chest X-ray, syphilis etc) were sent to the embassy for my interview and then given to me with my visa all in a sealed envelope, which I was instructed to submit at immigration counter at the airport when I landed. So I don't need to have a medical exam, how do I prove it to the CS? Is there a way I can obtain my records? I called USCIS but they said that I need to check with the airport where I submitted. And I can't get through to immigration when I'm calling the airport.

I would really appreciate help as I don't know who to get in touch with here

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You only get a copy of the DS-3025. All of the medical documents, including the original DS-3025, are enclosed in the sealed envelope turned in at your POE. They get sent to the USCIS and are in your file.

If you need a civil surgeon, you will have to call around and let them know you are adjusting from a K-1 and need only the vaccinations portion of the I-693. Sometimes it is hard to find one that will not insist on a new medical.

You say you know you need to see a civil surgeon for an I-693. Why? Are you missing any vaccinations? Was your DS-3025 not filled out correctly? See this post > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Hey yes I beleive I went through this thread after posting here. It was much clearly written than the Uscis page honestly! So my vaccination form is complete, I don't need to go to a civil surgeon now I guess.

Thank you very much for getting back to me:)

Hi,

I had a question similar to the one posted on this thread. I am about to file for AOS. I had my medical exam and vaccinations done back home in June. I'm aware that even though I had a medical exam and complete vaccinations during my K-1 process, I need to get form I-693 signed from a CS and send it with my I-485. The thing is, I was only given a copy of my complete vaccination record at that time, the rest of my medical exam record (chest X-ray, syphilis etc) were sent to the embassy for my interview and then given to me with my visa all in a sealed envelope, which I was instructed to submit at immigration counter at the airport when I landed. So I don't need to have a medical exam, how do I prove it to the CS? Is there a way I can obtain my records? I called USCIS but they said that I need to check with the airport where I submitted. And I can't get through to immigration when I'm calling the airport.

I would really appreciate help as I don't know who to get in touch with here

Thanks.

I'd like to answer this, even though you have discovered you don't need a civil surgeon. Others may have the same issue.

You do not need your entire foreign medical exam to prove anything to a civil surgeon. They got a memo to clarify things when the I-693 form got a re-design. USCIS tells them all they have to do is verify the patients's identity and do the shot page as requested. It is not the civil surgeon's responsibility to know if you had an exam abroad. They are to take you at your word and let USCIS deal with you if you are lacking a medical exam or had a Class A condition.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Nick, that is ECACTLY what my concern was, am I to show evidence to the Surgeom about my exam for him to sign it. Thank you for clearing that out! So with a complete exam and vaccinations I do not need to be filling the I-693 at all, correct?

Nick, that is ECACTLY what my concern was, am I to show evidence to the Surgeom about my exam for him to sign it. Thank you for clearing that out! So with a complete exam and vaccinations I do not need to be filling the I-693 at all, correct?

That is correct if all your shots were completed at the visa exam. Unfortunately for some, the AOS processes are dragging on FOREVER and a year passes and they are being told their exam is now too old so go get another full medical exam. Cross your fingers that doesn't happen to you.

If you need missing shots signed off by a civil surgeon, then that is done on the I-693. I am not sure what your situation is.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.