andrea85

K1 visa questions please help

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi all I recently filed a K1 petition for my fiancé who is in Venezuela I have been reading a lot of the stories and trying to get some feed back and answers on this process I have a few concerns or questions and I was wondering if anyone who has gone thru this process can help, I tried to send everything needed in my packet we have 3 years worth of what's app chats and text messages did I have to have these translated..? Because I didn't there was just to many ... I sent tons of chat conversations also my boyfriend recently got transferred to a different office at his job do I need to wait until the case goes to the NVC and then update his mailing address then so he can get the packet???? Or should I call USCIS since now and update will this delay our case ? I received my NOA 1 on Monday this week we got sent to the CSC we are both very anxious and ready to start our lives together if anyone can help and give any feed back it will be greatly appreciated thank you so much ..... And good luck to all of you going thru the same process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What other evidence did you send? Passport Stamps, flight tickets, boarding passes? The chats don't show you met in person within the last two years which is what's required.....

Not sure what good sending foreign language chat messages are.....are you expecting them know and translate it for you? Just something to think about you are filing to an American government office...

Update the address sooner rather than later to be sure it's reflected properly. You don't want to miss important mail because the address wasn't updated in time.

Good luck, you should go hang out in the regional sub forum for experiences with your consulate and specific things they look for and expect.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, I'm no expert here, but I just filed too.. once you file, you've pretty much done your best.. I'm gonna just be patient and watch the process unfold.. if there's a problem, they'll let me know.. that's what they do. for the moment, I hope you can relax too.. good luck

I don't always get my posts deleted on V.J., but when I do it's a good indication I was right and they couldn't handle it !!!

Timeline

I sent in copies of my passport with the stamps showing that I was there last year itineraries I sent pictures of that trip, i sent a full year of phone logs that it shows our phone calls, also I have helped him with money before so I sent in those receipts we are both divorced so I sent our divorce certificates and his translated I read on the USCIS website and it just said that the legal documents were the ones that needed to be translated never thought the chats too since there is such a huge amount .. I will call them today to update his mailing address thank you so much for your replies and good luck to the both of you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I tried to send everything needed in my packet we have 3 years worth of what's app chats and text messages

Why so many? Not required for the 129f petition but many folks do include some to front-load the petition. As others have stated, hopefully you sent other evidences of a meeting in person, chat logs are not that.

did I have to have these translated..?

Yes

Because I didn't there was just to many ..

Then they won't be considered.

. I sent tons of chat conversations also my boyfriend recently got transferred to a different office at his job do I need to wait until the case goes to the NVC and then update his mailing address then so he can get the packet????

Yes

Or should I call USCIS since now and update

Won't do any good, they can not find your petition within the many boxes that it was placed into.

will this delay our case ?

No

I received my NOA 1 on Monday this week we got sent to the CSC we are both very anxious and ready to start our lives together if anyone can help and give any feed back it will be greatly appreciated thank you so much .....

Plan for a 10 month wait, be happy with 5.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

I tried to send everything needed in my packet we have 3 years worth of what's app chats and text messages

Why so many? Not required for the 129f petition but many folks do include some to front-load the petition. As others have stated, hopefully you sent other evidences of a meeting in person, chat logs are not that.

did I have to have these translated..?

Yes

Because I didn't there was just to many ..

Then they won't be considered.

. I sent tons of chat conversations also my boyfriend recently got transferred to a different office at his job do I need to wait until the case goes to the NVC and then update his mailing address then so he can get the packet????

Yes

Or should I call USCIS since now and update

Won't do any good, they can not find your petition within the many boxes that it was placed into.

will this delay our case ?

No

I received my NOA 1 on Monday this week we got sent to the CSC we are both very anxious and ready to start our lives together if anyone can help and give any feed back it will be greatly appreciated thank you so much .....

Plan for a 10 month wait, be happy with 5.

I sent other stuff sending the chats like proof that I went to go visit him last May I sent the chats to make the packet more complete and have more evidence of our bonafide relationship I will just sit and wait hope for the best thank you for the help I will update the mailing address as soon as it goes to the NVC yeah they might have thousands of petitions

The chat logs do not need to be translated. They are only proof of your relationship, which is not a requirement for the I-129F petition. That section will just be skipped over and left for the eyes of the embassy. You only need to worry about meeting the complete requirements of the I-129F petition, and any required documents (such as the divorce decree) that are not in English need to be translated to English.

One of the biggest proofs you need is your proof of meeting in person. You mention passport stamps, that is good primary evidence of meeting. Do you also have copies of boarding passes? The photos and itineraries are only secondary proof of meeting, but will help to support your primary evidence. The money receipts and phone records are not proof of meeting, they are only part of your proof of relationship.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

The chat logs do not need to be translated. They are only proof of your relationship, which is not a requirement for the I-129F petition. That section will just be skipped over and left for the eyes of the embassy. You only need to worry about meeting the complete requirements of the I-129F petition, and any required documents (such as the divorce decree) that are not in English need to be translated to English.

One of the biggest proofs you need is your proof of meeting in person. You mention passport stamps, that is good primary evidence of meeting. Do you also have copies of boarding passes? The photos and itineraries are only secondary proof of meeting, but will help to support your primary evidence. The money receipts and phone records are not proof of meeting, they are only part of your proof of relationship.

They kept the boarding passes at the airport the only thing I have is the passport stamps that show when I entered and when I returned the itineraries is the flight info maybe that will support the passport stamps.. Does he ha have to take all of this paper work with him to the embassy interview ? I had his divorce certificate translated and notarized I tried to send a lot of proof of our outgoing relationship the only thing I have proof that I have seen him is the passport stamps I hope all of this together makes good proof for them we are just really nervous and want the best outcome in this long journey

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance had a address change mid process. As soon as I got our case # from the NVC I sent an email to the embassy asking them to correct their records to his new address. They confirmed and we had no issues at all.

Timeline

My fiance had a address change mid process. As soon as I got our case # from the NVC I sent an email to the embassy asking them to correct their records to his new address. They confirmed and we had no issues at all.

I just want to make sure that he receives his packet with no delays so he can get all his stuff together for the interview I am not sure If any paper work needs to be sent to the NVC prior the interview since we are still not in that stage if you can share your process it would be greatly appreciated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

For filing the I-129F petition, you may need your passport stamps, itineraries, photos with you and your fiance (if date stamp is there it is good) and even with your fiance's parents and friends. A brief story about you and your fiance how you met and an affidavit for intended to marry.

Phone call records, what's up chat, text messages, email are all required for only consulate interview (final step) to prove the ongoing relationship.

Timeline

For filing the I-129F petition, you may need your passport stamps, itineraries, photos with you and your fiance (if date stamp is there it is good) and even with your fiance's parents and friends. A brief story about you and your fiance how you met and an affidavit for intended to marry.

Phone call records, what's up chat, text messages, email are all required for only consulate interview (final step) to prove the ongoing relationship.

Hi Thank you for your feed back I didn't include the brief story part :( I only included the intend to marry letter one for him and one for my self signed and dated and I included a few pics of my trip a few just him and I and a few with family...

Hi Thank you for your feed back I didn't include the brief story part :( I only included the intend to marry letter one for him and one for my self signed and dated and I included a few pics of my trip a few just him and I and a few with family...

You don't need the brief story part. That is also considered relationship proof.

All you need is to write in the box on the I-129F form HOW you met in person. An example is: We met in [place] on [date].

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

You don't need the brief story part. That is also considered relationship proof.

All you need is to write in the box on the I-129F form HOW you met in person. An example is: We met in [place] on [date].

awesome I did do that :) do you know when the medical needs to be done ? and do they always require the police report ? he has no criminal background I am just wondering if we should start getting all those documents together or I am not sure if is too soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

1. After you get your NOA1, from CSC it may take 3 months min. to get your NOA2 (If you don't have any RFE).

2. After NOA2 it will take 1 week that your case will go to NVC.

3. NVC will take 1-2 weeks to send your case to the US Consulate of your country with a case number.

4. The 3rd week you will get your packet-3 (consists of approved I-129F, Letter from consulate, document reg. Domestic Violence)

5. Now you can apply for your PCC (police clearance certificate) which is usually valid for 6 months.

6. Take print-out of all your evidence file them

7. Fill your DS-160 online and pay the visa fee and schedule appointment with the consulate with min. 2 weeks gap.

8. Schedule for the bio-metric 1 day prior to the consulate interview.

9. Do your medical

10. Get your fiance's financial supportive documents by courier.

11. Prepare for the interview (name, date, how you met, his work, likes and dislike......etc)

12. Attend the consulate interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.