decentTrans

History of TB(split thread)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i do apologize Mrs. Petersen if i posted an out of the topic question. Happy that you are now with your life time partner.

yes I am transgender and my case is we are still gathering information on how to process Fiancé Visa , my partner for 3 years now would like to get a lawyer to assist us to process the papers,

but the problem that im facing now is, I have history of TB (Scar) I took my meds last 4 years and I know since I am a medical expert that skin test and chest x-ray shows that im positive. does this means we will not able to get married in the US?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello guys,

I am a transgender who had a american fiance, we're actually applying for the K129 fiancee visa. But, then we're just about confused about the form that we have to both fill up like G325A BIOGRAPHICAL FORM, then as he was reading about it it said that it has to be an original copy. So my question was how could i sign it up to the original copy while i'm here in the Philippines and then he couldn't send me the xerox or photo copy with that form since it said in there that it has to be an original copy? Thank you so much!!! and if anyone who had an idea about my concerns please? give us an answer to that.

Your question is completely different than the topic here. It's best to start your own thread to get your question answered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post split into it's own thread. Please start your own thread to post your questions. Posting in other threads can cause confusion to the thread. Your question can also be missed in the process.~~

~~Also moved to the Philippines forum, from General Immigration Related Topics- As the OP will need information for the medical in the Philippines.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

i do apologize Mrs. Petersen if i posted an out of the topic question. Happy that you are now with your life time partner.

yes I am transgender and my case is we are still gathering information on how to process Fiancé Visa , my partner for 3 years now would like to get a lawyer to assist us to process the papers,

but the problem that im facing now is, I have history of TB (Scar) I took my meds last 4 years and I know since I am a medical expert that skin test and chest x-ray shows that im positive. does this means we will not able to get married in the US?

scar will be in your lungs forever. When SLEC takes your x-ray and find the scar in your lungs, you will need to undergo 3-day sputum exam, if the result is positive, you will immediately undergo the course of treatment from SLEC only. if the result will be negative, meaning TB is not active, they will culture the specimen and will take up to 2months, if Saint Luke's Extension Clinic (SLEC) call you in between that time, most likely you are Positive with TB and will give you instructions regarding the treatment, but if they will not call you (it's negative), you will be the one to call them to the specified day they will give you as to what are you going to do next and it is to continue the rest of Medical exam, then head to your interview.

If ever you will undergo treatment, 6-8months depending on the severity of disease, and you're done with it, you will take the medical exam again as your previous one will expire by that time, they will make sure you are negative with TB, then off you go to your interview.

There is still hope. Good luck to your journey.

Edited by chillin4me

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Initially there are 3 sputum samples collected over 3 days. This occurs sometime around a week or so after the initial x-ray shows signs of past or present TB. Those samples are used to determine if the suspected case is in fact TB or just a scare. It only takes one of those samples to go positive for the case to be classified as TB positive. You'll receive a call from SLEC about 3 weeks after the sputum collection.

After positive determination, SLEC does a series of 3 sputum tests during the 6 month DOT process. Each test is 2 samples. The final 2 sputum samples are collected at the end of the 5th month of DOT. Those are taken over 2 days, 24 hours apart. That culture will marinade for 2 months. The DOT is weekdays at SLEC and they're closed on weekends and holidays. There's a return trip required at the end of the 7th month to get the final sputum results, redo medical and to get the treatment paperwork.

Accommodations during the treatment stage: Bed-spacer close to SLEC will cost approximately 5,000 a month. Apartment is about 15,000 plus utilities.

It's a 9 month process from the point of X-ray detection if the sputum is positive. That's if all goes well.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

scar will be in your lungs forever. When SLEC takes your x-ray and find the scar in your lungs, you will need to undergo 3-day sputum exam, if the result is positive, you will immediately undergo the course of treatment from SLEC only. if the result will be negative, meaning TB is not active, they will culture the specimen and will take up to 2months, if Saint Luke's Extension Clinic (SLEC) call you in between that time, most likely you are Positive with TB and will give you instructions regarding the treatment, but if they will not call you (it's negative), you will be the one to call them to the specified day they will give you as to what are you going to do next and it is to continue the rest of Medical exam, then head to your interview.

If ever you will undergo treatment, 6-8months depending on the severity of disease, and you're done with it, you will take the medical exam again as your previous one will expire by that time, they will make sure you are negative with TB, then off you go to your interview.

There is still hope. Good luck to your journey.

I really do appreciate your time responding, I will try to do a test my self ( sputum exam ) I under gone DOTS treatment for 6 months and the result is negative.

its somehow frustrating since I got infected with TB when I was a nursing student. confirmation happened when I already graduated and the worst is I have scars.

But I am so thankful for your respond. TB is curable I just want to get married, I want my partner to live with me here in the Philippines, but we cant get marry that sucks. So I prefer to be with him in the US so we to can have our Vows.

Thank you so much.

Timeline

Initially there are 3 sputum samples collected over 3 days. This occurs sometime around a week or so after the initial x-ray shows signs of past or present TB. Those samples are used to determine if the suspected case is in fact TB or just a scare. It only takes one of those samples to go positive for the case to be classified as TB positive. You'll receive a call from SLEC about 3 weeks after the sputum collection.

After positive determination, SLEC does a series of 3 sputum tests during the 6 month DOT process. Each test is 2 samples. The final 2 sputum samples are collected at the end of the 5th month of DOT. Those are taken over 2 days, 24 hours apart. That culture will marinade for 2 months. The DOT is weekdays at SLEC and they're closed on weekends and holidays. There's a return trip required at the end of the 7th month to get the final sputum results, redo medical and to get the treatment paperwork.

Accommodations during the treatment stage: Bed-spacer close to SLEC will cost approximately 5,000 a month. Apartment is about 15,000 plus utilities.

It's a 9 month process from the point of X-ray detection if the sputum is positive. That's if all goes well.

hope I will not undergo with the process since I was treated with DOTS for 6 months sputum and X-ray.

I wish not.

hope I will not undergo with the process since I was treated with DOTS for 6 months sputum and X-ray.

I wish not.

Get copies of all your TB medical records and bring with you to SLEC when you have your medical exam. Discuss this with the Doctor.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.