HunnyBunny

After entering US on IR2 visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dear All,

My husband is a US citizen & our son has entered US on IR2 visa. When I enquired with USCIS about next procedure, I got a reply saying that he will receive his green card within 45 days. We have already paid immigration fees in the month of April. I am just wondering, is that so simple? He just has to wait to receive his green card in mail??

Also have another question. He is trying to pursue his further education. But he has completed his graduation in India. So what will be his status as a Student?? Please help guys.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes as an IR2 he will automatically get a green card. Are you referring to the immigrant fee of $165? That fee is for the GC production. If you haven't paid for it yet, you should at the ELIS page of USCIS' website.

I don't get what you mean by status as a student. If the forms are asking for his highest education, you can indicate the degree and/or diploma.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes as an IR2 he will automatically get a green card. Are you referring to the immigrant fee of $165? That fee is for the GC production. If you haven't paid for it yet, you should at the ELIS page of USCIS' website.

I don't get what you mean by status as a student. If the forms are asking for his highest education, you can indicate the degree and/or diploma.

Hey, Thank you so much for a quick reply.

I already have paid the fee at ELIS.

By status of the student I mean that whether he will considered as a foreign student or resident student. He is graduated from India & now has a green card. Little confused.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

He is a resident of the US in all aspects whether for studies or employment. His GC is proof of his residency.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

high school - he's considered a resident in the usa.

college/university? it's all calendar specific - check with the college/university to see if parent's status extends to child, or is true 'duration inside of the state'. it varies...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, for college/university, residency , rather, state residency requirements all hinge around the type of tuition to be paid.

instate vs out o state vs international rates.

i wish it was universal across all 50 states, but it's not.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.