Jump to content

work after getting k1

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

not until she has an EAD card

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



6.10)...We never received the 90 temp day work authorization (at the POE). When do we finally apply for the EAD?
A..Most EAD applications are processed between 60 and 90 days after the USCIS (INS) gets the application. Initial EAD applications can be filed at the same time as the I-485 Adjustment of Status and are sent to the USCIS National Address. You will be called to a local Biometrics office for you fingerprints and photo to be taken. Once you receive your EAD, and if it looks like you are going to have to wait more than a year for the Adjustment of Status interview, then apply for a renewal (new) EAD "well in advance" (say, 3 months) of the expiration date. You cannot legally work without it.

Edited by LionessDeon

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

***** Moving from K1 to Working During US immigration as the forum for such questions *****

She can work after she gets a work permit, about 3 months after she files AOS; she does NOT need to wait till she has the greencard but she needs to wait for the EAD.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering can my fiance work legally after getting k1 visa until she gets green card.

you mean,

like the time between

the POE event

until she gets the green card?

YES ! BUT !!!! She must have the EAD card, which can apply for , for free, alongside the Adjustment of Status casefile, which one files after marriage.

What's up ? Can elaborate on your personal calendar and finances ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.