ILikeSmores

Is it finally over? (i-485 AOS)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

(Brief story regarding the situation)

So yesterday I received an email from USCIS regarding my i-485.

I got 2 updates, and here are the updates in received order..

Also my interview was on July 22nd 2015, later that day I received my first notification..

(First one July 22nd)

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On July 22, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

(2nd one July 23rd)

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

On July 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxx. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by September 21, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

(My Questions)

1. Has the decision been made ? What I am really curious is what does (Your case status: Decision) mean? Is it still being decided? am I going to get the green card and interview went good?

2. It says my on my first notification (receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application)

But on my second notification it says permanent resident card should arrive by September 21, 2015

So when will the card arrive?

(4/13/15): Uscis received my documents AOS EAD

(4/17/15): Notice date for Biometrics

(5/06/15): 11am, Biometric done

(6/20/15) Letter received for i-485 interview for (July 22nd 2015 9:35am wednesday)

(6/24/15): (on June 29th, I was annoyed because I have not heard anything about my i-765 for EAD, and case status was not updated since April 13th saying we received your package. So I called USCIS and after talking to them for awhile I found out my I-765 was already approved and letter was sent at June 24th 2015, so that was a good news, but I still have not received my approval letter yet and my case status is still not updated.

(6/29/15): Called USCIS regarding my i-765 EAD, read (6/24/15)

*(6/29/15): Went home later that day after college, and found out I did receive my i-765 approval letter :D But case status online still not updated.

(7/9/15): EAD Recieved :D

(7/10/15): Applied for SSN

(7/22/15): Aos Interview

(7/23/15): Green card / Interview approved card in production

(7/27/15): Welcome Notice mail received in mail ^~^

(8/01/15): Social Security Card Arrived :D

(8/10/15): Permit acquired :) 1 wrong on written test. (9/01/15): Behind the wheel test

(8/19/15): Notification my Green Card has been mailed :3

(8/20/15): Approved for my very first credit card (Amazon store card, $800)

(8/20/15): Green Card is finally here ! its so sexy!!!

(End of my AOS journey)

(Military / Citizenship)

(8/21/2015): Talked to Marine Corps recruiter, Fixed my Social Security card (Work Only DHS Removed)

(8/24/2015): Practice Asvab taken

(8/15/2015): First Poole program as a guest, tiring day

(8/28/2015): New SSN arrived, (Unrestricted)

(8/29/2015): Went to see my recruiter to sign documents with my wife

(9/12/2015): First time visiting Korea in 17 years. Thanks to my Green Card

(11/04/2015): Passed my Drivers license test after 2 tries, at Santa Teresa DMV.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

responding to your questions:

1. yes the decision has been made and your permanent residency application is approved. You are going to get the green card.

2. The card will arrive within 30 days from the first notification.

Usually the process is like they notify you of the decision (which is 2nd notification) and they notify you of card production (1st notification). But they happen in parallel and are updated randomly in the system and that's why you got the card production notification before the decision.

So you are getting the card within few weeks.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Ooooohhhh thank youuuuu :D

(6/20/15) Letter received for i-485 interview for (July 22nd 2015 9:35am wednesday)

(6/24/15): (on June 29th, I was annoyed because I have not heard anything about my i-765 for EAD, and case status was not updated since April 13th saying we received your package. So I called USCIS and after talking to them for awhile I found out my I-765 was already approved and letter was sent at June 24th 2015, so that was a good news, but I still have not received my approval letter yet and my case status is still not updated.

*(6/29/15): Went home later that day after college, and found out I did receive my i-765 approval letter :D But case status online still not updated.

(8/10/15): Permit acquired :) 1 wrong on written test. (9/01/15): Behind the wheel test

(End of my AOS journey)

(Military / Citizenship)

(8/21/2015): Talked to Marine Corps recruiter, Fixed my Social Security card (Work Only DHS Removed)

(11/04/2015): Passed my Drivers license test after 2 tries, at Santa Teresa DMV.

Also my interview was on July 22nd 2015, later that day I received my first notification..

(First one July 22nd)

On July 22, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

(2nd one July 23rd)

On July 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxx. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by September 21, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

(My Questions)

1. Has the decision been made ? What I am really curious is what does (Your case status: Decision) mean? Is it still being decided? am I going to get the green card and interview went good?

2. It says my on my first notification (receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application)

But on my second notification it says permanent resident card should arrive by September 21, 2015

Congrats!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congrats!!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Congrats!!! Can you share your experience maybe we the upcoming ones can learn from it.

I had my interview yesterday, wife and I walked into USCIS office 5 minutes late (9:35 am was the time we were supposed to be in) We went through security gate, and set down. My name was called within a minute, and thought that was way too fast. We met with our interviewer and greeted each other. We walked through the halls of many doors, and finally arrived at the destination, his office.

We set down and took our oath's, then proceeded to ask us questions.

Interviewer: So your name is (Name) and you were born in (Country)?

Interviewee: Yes

Interviewer: When and Where did you both meet?

Interviewee: We met in (Month / Date / Year) in (Location)

Interviewer: How do you know the exact date?

Interviewee: That was my wife's birthday.

Interviewer: When is your birthday / What is your address ?

Interviewee: We said our birthday and address.

Interviewer: Have you ever done drugs / have or had problems with police / or assisted in Terrorist organization in anyway

Interviewee: No

And that was it, he said well that will be all I am needing, so everything is looking good your green card should come in within 90 days.

Then he explained about conditional green card, and filing for citizenship years after etc etc.

He gave me a paper saying

Your case is being held for review. At this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. Should further information or documents be required you will recieve a notice in the mail. We may also schedule you for another interview, you will recieve a notice in the mail. Otherwise, a final decision will be mailed to you once your case is complete.

After we thanked each other, and left the office. I didn't like the words that were on my paper but interview seemed really good, and actually we both were suprised because we prepared alot of stuff, went over questions they might ask, but I did not even get to open my bag to provide him with (Pictures, Documents, Birth certificates, joint bank accounts, lease, and all the other goodies everybody prepares)

Only thing he checked was our ID and my passport along with EAD.

Anyways regardless of the paper I shrugged the uneasy feeling off and walked out of the office in 10 minutes. I went and did my daily stuff, and went to sleep with no notice changing. I woke up this morning with a text message on my phone, notifying me that my USCIS Case has been updated. I got slightly nerveous and checked my status.

On July 22, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to

www.uscis.gov/addresschange

to give us your new mailing address

I am guessing order the new card as in green card, I guess I have been approved :)

(End of my AOS journey)

(Military / Citizenship)

Timeline

and thanks everyone :D

(End of my AOS journey)

(Military / Citizenship)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

(First one July 22nd)

(2nd one July 23rd)

(My Questions)

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.