chenfamily1

N-400 help

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hello I went for my Naturalization interview on July 7, 2015 Detroit field office, everything went fine the IO said i passed all the test but a decision cannot be made. :crying: The IO asked for more info showing proof of our marriage and gave me (N-14) and checked a few items pass 3 years tax transcripts,bills,bank accounts,medical bills, car insurance and car tile everything has to have both out name on it from 2011 to present. I even had our tax transcript with me at the interview but the IO said i had to mail it in and only the front 2 pages were needed so weird. The next day July 8th i got almost everything the IO asked for and mailed it out, USPS tracking said it was delivered on 7/10/2015, I could not get medical bill with both out name on it (who ever goes to the doctor the bill only had the persons name not both) and a lawyer said its impossible cause medical records are protected (Hippo law). I don't have anything with our names in 2011 everything was trashed, but I send in everything else dated 2012-2015. My question is can anyone shed any info on my status and how long will it take for them to send a response?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

At this stage, just wait to get any response from your IO. It may take IO to review few weeks or longer. Please note, they have up to 120 days from the day of interview to make the decision. If they don't act it within this time, then you are free to file a lawsuit against USCIS to make a decision on your file.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

At this stage, just wait to get any response from your IO. It may take IO to review few weeks or longer. Please note, they have up to 120 days from the day of interview to make the decision. If they don't act it within this time, then you are free to file a lawsuit against USCIS to make a decision on your file.

Thx you for the response i guess i am worried that they might deny my case, I really don't want to go down the lawsuit road. Has anyone been or herd of a situation like this before?

Be patient it will come in no time.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thx you for the response i guess i am worried that they might deny my case, I really don't want to go down the lawsuit road. Has anyone been or herd of a situation like this before?

My wife has exactly the same problem with bonafide docs' support (although, she has never been asked for that during her interview at all).

Also, http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Feedback%20Opportunities/Interim%20Guidance%20for%20Comment/change-timeframes-rfe.pdf says about maximun 84 days for the RFE's response (unless it was updated and now is 120 days). Also, the guy from USCIS told me that they have up to 60 days to respond.

What really irritates me - no updates on-line (even we've been promised so under INFOPASS visit). It looks like they wait until the last 1-2 days then they start working on. Same with the n-400 app: interview date - is the actual date when they touch your case.

Welcome to the club :clock::pop:, chenfamily1!

Timeline

My wife has exactly the same problem with bonafide docs' support (although, she has never been asked for that during her interview at all).

Also, http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Feedback%20Opportunities/Interim%20Guidance%20for%20Comment/change-timeframes-rfe.pdf says about maximun 84 days for the RFE's response (unless it was updated and now is 120 days). Also, the guy from USCIS told me that they have up to 60 days to respond.

What really irritates me - no updates on-line (even we've been promised so under INFOPASS visit). It looks like they wait until the last 1-2 days then they start working on. Same with the n-400 app: interview date - is the actual date when they touch your case.

Welcome to the club :clock::pop:, chenfamily1!

Thank you Nick please keep me updated on your case, your info really shed some light for me. :joy: below is my timetable of my case.

10/08/2014: mailed N-400

10/10/2014: USCIS received

11/06/2014: fingerprinted

12/11/2014: Yellow Letter (request to bring evidence to the interview)

waiting game

06/02/2015: In line for a interview

07/07/2015: Passed Interview

Timeline

Thank you Nick please keep me updated on your case, your info really shed some light for me. :joy: below is my timetable of my case.

10/08/2014: mailed N-400

10/10/2014: USCIS received

11/06/2014: fingerprinted

12/11/2014: Yellow Letter (request to bring evidence to the interview)

waiting game

06/02/2015: In line for a interview

07/07/2015: Passed Interview

Chenfamily1,

Have you gotten your on-line status updated on USCIS web-site? Mine is still the same: "On June 4th we suspended your case...". No indication at all that field office at least has received the paper work.

At this point I've lost faith on USCIS tier1 clerks/receptionists :devil: and next contact would be tier2/supervisor. I'm getting sick of this USCIS game: after 1 month not even mentioning about having received the RFE's docs! Most likely I'll be scheduling another INFOPASS, but this time I'll be dealing with the supervisor.

Based on your timeline, it looks like Detroit sucks (either POE or field office: you got your interview scheduled after 9 months from the date you submitted your N-400 :wow: ).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

i have similar issue

had my interview yesterday , was asked for my birth certificate copy which i didn't have ( wasn't in the checklist they sent me )

still they took signature on my two pics and signature on a paper which had my details which they said will be on your naturalization certificate

i sent the document yesterday itself and it will be there today

don't know how long its gonna take for them to update and issue an oath ceremony letter :(

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Timeline

Chenfamily1,

Have you gotten your on-line status updated on USCIS web-site? Mine is still the same: "On June 4th we suspended your case...". No indication at all that field office at least has received the paper work.

At this point I've lost faith on USCIS tier1 clerks/receptionists :devil: and next contact would be tier2/supervisor. I'm getting sick of this USCIS game: after 1 month not even mentioning about having received the RFE's docs! Most likely I'll be scheduling another INFOPASS, but this time I'll be dealing with the supervisor.

Based on your timeline, it looks like Detroit sucks (either POE or field office: you got your interview scheduled after 9 months from the date you submitted your N-400 :wow: ).

Hi Nick my online status is still the same been checking everyday (On June 2, 2015, we scheduled an interview). USPS tracking said they received my package but no letter back from the field office.

Detroit office does suck everyone i knew got it done in under 6 months, I asked my local congressman office to look into it and within a week i got my interview notice :) I think you should contact you local congressman they help a lot, yes my case is dragging and I don't know why...

P.S. i hate the 1800 service they provide they just read what is on their screen :diablo:

Timeline

i have similar issue

had my interview yesterday , was asked for my birth certificate copy which i didn't have ( wasn't in the checklist they sent me )

still they took signature on my two pics and signature on a paper which had my details which they said will be on your naturalization certificate

i sent the document yesterday itself and it will be there today

don't know how long its gonna take for them to update and issue an oath ceremony letter :(

HI sanil1986 we are all stuck in the same boat, I believe they have up to 120 days to respond to our case, but i wish you good luck and hope it comes soon. :joy:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

HI sanil1986 we are all stuck in the same boat, I believe they have up to 120 days to respond to our case, but i wish you good luck and hope it comes soon. :joy:

so my missing document copy was received this afternoon

just now i went to check my status on the uscis page

it says

On July 22, 2015, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number xxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

?????

another interview ?

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Timeline

it says

On July 22, 2015, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number xxxxxxx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

?????

another interview ?

Not sure i don't think you have to go for another interview unless they told you to come back but like i said i am not sure sorry i am not much help...

Timeline

it says

?????

another interview ?

Sanil, try to call that USCIS number and see what's going on. If tier1 is useless, ask for the supervisor.

You're lucky, that they at least touched your case after your RFE's response and that was really quick.

My wife's on-line status as the same as it was updated to suspended status on 6/4/2015 (regardless docs sent in and received by local office on 6/25/15).

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.