HUSKERKIEV

1st post former NSC adjudicator now petitioner

286 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Welcome aboard Husker. I am an alumn of Lincoln (College of Law) so seems we have a thing or two in common. You are braver than most offering your expertise here but be assured it is appreciated as we all try to help. Hope your ride is a smooth one and good luck.

Doug

I-130

2006 09 06 Mailed I-130

2006 09 07 Rec'd at CA Center

2006 09 13 I-130 NOA1 receipt date

2006 11 22 NOA2, approved

2007 02 15 Case complete at NVC

2007 02 21 Case forwarded to Bogota Embassy

2007 02 23 Case received at Embassy

2007 04 12 Interview,VISA GRANTED

I-751- Removing Conditions

2009 04 08 Overnight Application

2009 04 09 Rec'd Application at CSC

2009 04 17 Rec'd NOA

2009 05 10 Called CSC - No Biometrix letter, 45 day Inquiry starts

2009 05 18 Made Info Pass appointment for June 2

2009 05 26 Rec'd response and copy of Bio Appt letter dated May 14, Appt on May 28

2009 05 27 Biometrix-walked in a day early and completed appointment

2009 06 01 Approved Conditions Removed (rec'd Congratulations letter on June 9)

2009 06 12 Touched but nothing changed on USCIS website

Filed: Timeline
Careful everyone, she may be a spy!! :D

I'm a guy and the DHS has more important things to do than hang out in websites like this . Besides that the databases we used could glean more information about you than you could/would ever divoulge on VJ! Sorry, I'm not a spy.

I hope your comment was tongue in cheek :)

D.

:whistle:

drinkblink14.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Welcome aboard Husker. I am an alumn of Lincoln (College of Law) so seems we have a thing or two in common. You are braver than most offering your expertise here but be assured it is appreciated as we all try to help. Hope your ride is a smooth one and good luck.

Doug

Hey Doug, Thanks for the welcome. I'm a UNL Alum also - '85. I hope things go smoothly also. Having been inside the "machine" can give one 'cause to worry. Just joking :)

Anyway, it will be intersteing thats for sure and I do sincerely hope that I can be of help to folks.

Cheers,

Dave

Timeline

2/20/07 - Mailed I-129 to NSC via Express Mail

2/21-07 - Application Received at NSC

2/26/07 - Transferred to CSC NOA1 recieved

2/28/07 - Touch

6/6/07 - Touch

6/12/07 - Touch

6/13/07 - Touch

6/21/07 - Touch

6/28/07 - APPROVED !

7/8/07 - Recieved hard copy NOA2

7/20/07 - NVC sends Petition to Kiev

9/26/07 - Interview scheduled

9/26/07 - Visa Issued for K-1

10/07/07 - Scheduled departure to US

10/07/07 - Arrives POE Chicago !! Woo HOO!!

Thanks for answering my question earlier :)

One more though :) What kind of hours do the service centers run? With so many applications I can imagine working a long 9am to 6pm day....

Tony (UK) and Danielle (US) K-1 Visa journey

2007:

February, 06: Sent I-129f package to the US to be routed to Vermont

February, 09: I-129f forwarded to Vermont USCIS from US Home

February, 12: I-129f arrives VSC :) Journey really starts!

February, 13: NOA1 Reciept date

February, 16: VSC Cashes the check

March, 09: NOA2 Email. yay!

March, 11: Touched... Probably for the last time at VSC :)

March, 14: NVC Recieved package

March, 15: NVC Sent package to London

March, 20: Package recieved in London

March, 28: Packet 3 recieved!

April, 2: Packet 3 Sent back to London

April, 10: Packet 3 recieved by London Embassy

April, 17: Packet 4 recieved

May, 1: Medical

May, 29: Interview! - APPROVED

June, 1: Visa in Hand

July 18: Fly back together POE

July, 24: Legally married!

July 27: Filed for AOS

July 30: AOS recieved in Chiacgo

August 24: NOA1 for EAD, AP and AOS

September 15: Real Marriage with friends and family

September 18: Biometrics

October 3: EAD card production ordered!

October 11: EAD card in hand!

October 15: Case forwarded to California!

Nov, 08: Card production ordered! AWESOME

Nov, 15: Green Card Recieved (even though it's yellow)! AWESOME

Welcome aboard...

I think you'll find yourself welcome here - ok, perhaps hit with a ton of questions, but welcome nonetheless.. We're all here for pretty much the same reason(s) - helping each other out through the Visa Journey and creating a place to help cope with being apart from our loved ones.

Welcome aboard...

I think you'll find yourself welcome here - ok, perhaps hit with a ton of questions, but welcome nonetheless.. We're all here for pretty much the same reason(s) - helping each other out through the Visa Journey and creating a place to help cope with being apart from our loved ones.

Well said :)

Tony (UK) and Danielle (US) K-1 Visa journey

2007:

February, 06: Sent I-129f package to the US to be routed to Vermont

February, 09: I-129f forwarded to Vermont USCIS from US Home

February, 12: I-129f arrives VSC :) Journey really starts!

February, 13: NOA1 Reciept date

February, 16: VSC Cashes the check

March, 09: NOA2 Email. yay!

March, 11: Touched... Probably for the last time at VSC :)

March, 14: NVC Recieved package

March, 15: NVC Sent package to London

March, 20: Package recieved in London

March, 28: Packet 3 recieved!

April, 2: Packet 3 Sent back to London

April, 10: Packet 3 recieved by London Embassy

April, 17: Packet 4 recieved

May, 1: Medical

May, 29: Interview! - APPROVED

June, 1: Visa in Hand

July 18: Fly back together POE

July, 24: Legally married!

July 27: Filed for AOS

July 30: AOS recieved in Chiacgo

August 24: NOA1 for EAD, AP and AOS

September 15: Real Marriage with friends and family

September 18: Biometrics

October 3: EAD card production ordered!

October 11: EAD card in hand!

October 15: Case forwarded to California!

Nov, 08: Card production ordered! AWESOME

Nov, 15: Green Card Recieved (even though it's yellow)! AWESOME

Timeline

One more though :) What kind of hours do the service centers run? With so many applications I can imagine working a long 9am to 6pm day....

Bear in mind this was 4 years ago... It might have changed. At that time they offered a couple different options. First, if your performance was good and your were experienced enough you could apply to "work from home" or "telecommute", this was of course the favorite. This was largely brought about by a shortage of space in the building. The NSC has since moved to a brand new facility that eleviated the space crisis we faced at that time. (But I'm sure that if they elminated the work from home program the union might have had something to say about it so its a fair bet Adjudicators still have this nice option.)

Secondly there was a liberal "flex-time" schedule. Again one of the reasons was the space shortage but that wasn't it entirely. The agency was very family freindly to is employees and tried to keep people happy and make for a nice place to work. There was a lot of stress involved. Offering a flex schedule was one available option to folks.

Basically, as a CIS employee, you could work anytime from 0630 till 6PM as long as your schedule was approved by your boss and you got your 8 hours in.

Because of the amount of work, the agency also used contract services for a lot of the other various non-adjudicating type work. If I recall, the center was a 24/7 operation except for the CIS employees. A lot of the staging and processing of the work we accomplished during the day was done by the contractor at night.

I also think card production had CIS employees on the night shift back then. Hope that answers your question.Cheers.D.

Timeline

2/28/07 - Touch

6/6/07 - Touch

6/12/07 - Touch

6/13/07 - Touch

6/21/07 - Touch

6/28/07 - APPROVED !

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Funny thing I forgot to mention, today I got an email from a very good friend's friend

who used to work in the Fraud Prevention Unit at several foreign posts and that is

where our case is now.......and here you are ..... I was hoping to get some help

like that on VJ ! Maybe there are more lurking ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thats one of the reasons why you might see that your application was "touched" several times ona given day but no change in status. The adjudicator began working it (touch), went to lunch (touch), came back from lunch (touch) and finished reviewing it and sent it off to be processed (touch). Its touched when it goes back into the que and etc...

Keep in mind everytime a file changes hands whether its signed out to an Adjudicator or some satff person, its gets "wanded" ino the system so they can track who specifically has the file. Each file has a scannable bar code. Sometimes you'd be working a file that has someone else working another compnent of the file or one of the family members. We would alwaystry to keep family members together and approve them at the same time.

I want this pinned!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

D,

yes I'm quite aware of databases, NCIC, etc. I've been a detective for 8 years, nevertheless, i was only kidding

Timeline
D,

yes I'm quite aware of databases, NCIC, etc. I've been a detective for 8 years, nevertheless, i was only kidding

Yes, its quite amazing. Mea Culpa. I saw the emoticon after i hit reply :)

Timeline

2/28/07 - Touch

6/6/07 - Touch

6/12/07 - Touch

6/13/07 - Touch

6/21/07 - Touch

6/28/07 - APPROVED !

Welcome to VJ HUSKERKIEV! It's good to have someone who used to work with USCIS... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: We filed originally NSC but transferred to CSC... The waiting is tough but we're being patient! :whistle:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bear in mind this was 4 years ago... It might have changed. At that time they offered a couple different options. First, if your performance was good and your were experienced enough you could apply to "work from home" or "telecommute", this was of course the favorite. This was largely brought about by a shortage of space in the building. The NSC has since moved to a brand new facility that eleviated the space crisis we faced at that time. (But I'm sure that if they elminated the work from home program the union might have had something to say about it so its a fair bet Adjudicators still have this nice option.)

Secondly there was a liberal "flex-time" schedule. Again one of the reasons was the space shortage but that wasn't it entirely. The agency was very family freindly to is employees and tried to keep people happy and make for a nice place to work. There was a lot of stress involved. Offering a flex schedule was one available option to folks.

Basically, as a CIS employee, you could work anytime from 0630 till 6PM as long as your schedule was approved by your boss and you got your 8 hours in.

Because of the amount of work, the agency also used contract services for a lot of the other various non-adjudicating type work. If I recall, the center was a 24/7 operation except for the CIS employees. A lot of the staging and processing of the work we accomplished during the day was done by the contractor at night.

I also think card production had CIS employees on the night shift back then. Hope that answers your question.Cheers.D.

it's really good to have you here in VJ..so many things that you've clarified so far...now we realized the reason why it would take long to process a case..thanks!!

rea

the opinions that i express in this website are my own and are not legal advise...thank you...

06/18/12: I-130 for parents approved

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - with MNL# assigned for both parents & agent registration (DS-3032)

06/25/12: received email from USDOS - requesting for AOS (Affidavit of Support) processing fee for $88.00

click here for my parents I-130 Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.