dankdo

Changing Beneficiary Address in Vietnam

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I need to change the address of my beneficiary in Vietnam. People in Vietnam frequently change apartments, so I put my fiancee's address as her hometown in Long An. The problem is, with no house number, mail cannot reliably arrive.

My fiancee and I agree to have her address (living and mailing) to her small apartment in HCMC.

I am trying to change her address on https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do, but the fields are insufficient to record the complicated addresses of Vietnam. I'm deathly afraid of making a mistake (I received a notice of RFE today via email, am awaiting actual letter as of 07/16/15.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Vietnam regional subforum, for possible answers from experience. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i thought any address for the IV Unit was captured on the DS-160 ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hi Darnell, thank you for the reply.

I forgot to mention I'm the petitioner for the K1 visa. This is the first time I've heard of the DS-160. Can you elaborate? This doesn't look like something that would be in the I-129f package I sent.

The DS-160 is required for K1 Visa. You will get more information once your case is approved and forwarded to the U.S. Consulate in Saigon.

As for the address change, I think it would be best to wait until your K1 is approved and sent to Saigon. Then you can change it or contact the consulate staff and ask them to change/update the file. The only time that she will get mail from the consulate is when they mail her the Packet 3 letter (which can also be obtained via email so I would not sweat it).

It is important, however, to have the correct address on the DS-160 and when you create an account on ustraveldocs.com. This is where they will send her approved visa.

Timeline

Thank you, frontgear. That let me breathe a bit. I think the most important thing for these immigration papers is to be patient and optimistic :) I'll wait for that RFE to arrive and for my period to be approved. Thanks again!

In the meantime, if you want to research into what documents will be required at the pre-interview and interview times, check out this K1 Instructions. This is the same document that your fiancee will be getting in the Packet 3. Actually, she will get a letter and on the letter is the link to download this document.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/hochiminh/231771/PDFs/K-INSTRUCTION.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.