soncrazed

Buenos Aires Embassy, Can you pick up your visa the next day after interview?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi! Our case has been expedited, & we have our interview on July 27th at the embassy in Buenos Aires!! :joy: My question, for those who have recently done this, can we pick the visa up the next day? The email said that we have to register on a website for a pick up location. None of the locations are in our province. It says you can also have it sent to you for an extra fee, but not giving us that option. Someone please help us. Thank you!!

Congrats!!

it shows that it will be an option in the end of the scheduling process!

j75mpj.png

event.png

My K-1 Fiancée Visa Journey

USCIS:
2015-04-09: I-129F Mailed out overnight to Lewisville, TX
2015-04-10: Case received by USCIS. Routed to California Service Center
2015-04-14: Received our e-mail of NOA1
2015-04-21: NOA1 Hardcopy on hand!
2015-06-12: Case was approved! NOA2
2015-06-19: I797 Hardcopy on hand!
National Visa Center (NVC):
2015-07-06: BNS Case number assigned!
2015-07-07: DS-160 Completed
2015-07-07: Visa FEE paid off
2015-07-11: Case updated at CEAC to "in Transit"!
2015-07-13: Case updated at CEAC to "Ready"!
Argentina's U.S. Embassy - Consular Section:
2015-07-15: Embassy received the package hardcopy from NVC by DHL
2015-07-16: Vaccinations done
2015-07-17: Police certificate done
2015-07-21: Medicals done
2015-07-23: Packet 3 documentation set
2015-07-24: Received packet 3
2015-07-27: Handed in packet 3 to the embassy
2015-08-21: Received packet 4
2015-09-07: Re-done police certificate, required by the USBA IV unit.
2015-09-08: Received package of affidavit of support, sent by UPS from Roland to Argentina
2015-09-10: Interview APPROVED!!!!
2015-09-11: Case status updated at CEAC to "Administrative Processing"!
2015-09-14: Case status updated at CEAC to "Issued"!
2015-09-23: Passport ready to pick up! Scheduled for September 25th.
2015-09-25: Visa on hand
2015-10-02: Departure from Ezeiza, Buenos Aires
Department of Homeland Security (DHS):
2015-10-03: POE - Atlanta, GA
2015-10-16: Got married at Denton, Caroline County's Courthouse

My AOS Journey

Social Security Administration:
2015-10-26: Applied for SSN at Cambridge Social Security Administration
2015-11-23: Called SSA after four weeks mark. They re-send the forms because it was the wrong one.
2016-01-12: Visit SSA and been told that there was a mail sent to me according the situation. Received it later in the afternoon.

2016-01-13: Finally got my SSN card!! (Yayy!! after 80 days!!)

USCIS:
2015-12-17: Forms I-485, I-765 & I-131 Mailed out by USPS Priority mail
2015-12-20: Package delivered

2015-12-30: Received three NOA1's e-mails and sms (I-485, I-131 and I-765)

2016-01-05: Received three NOA1's hardcopies on hand!

2016-01-06: Received biometrics appointment letter.

2016-01-19: Biometrics appointment @ Dover, DE. (Successful! Took only 10 mins.)

2016-01-25: RFIE notification :cry:

2016-02-02: RFIE hardcopy mail received. (I864 form needed to be corrected + additional documentation)

2016-03-08: Overnighted the RFIE response with UPS

2016-03-09: Package delivered

2016-03-10: Received RFIE reception notification

2016-04-08: EAD & AP been approved!

2016-04-11: Received AP & EAD approval e-notification!! (woot woot!!)

2016-04-12: EAD card is being produced

2016-04-13: EAD card been mailed

2016-04-15: Combo card on hand!

2016-XX-XX: (GC interview/approval notice!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!) :clock:

~~moved to US embassy and consulate disucssion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Just choose any pick up location, hit continue and at the end of the process it will give you the option to have it mailed to your address. It should be 30 dollar per visa.

I did it yesterday.

How did your interview go? This is off topic from my original question, but did they want to see tons of pictures? My husband & I will be married 7 years on July 26 & the interview is July 27. I spent 100 pesos printing pictures today. We have tons on the computer, but hardly ever print any. We are also going to the interview with our three small children. Hoping, no issue there, but they are all U.S. citizens.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Why bring 3 children to something like this? Be sure to check if they will be admitted to the interview area (citizens or not).

Refer to this information from the embassy website >>> http://argentina.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/how-to-begin-an-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-the-visa-interview-and-adjudication.html

Showing up with kids in tow doesn't add proof to your relationship. It's just an inconvenience for everyone in what is often a crowded room.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

How did your interview go? This is off topic from my original question, but did they want to see tons of pictures? My husband & I will be married 7 years on July 26 & the interview is July 27. I spent 100 pesos printing pictures today. We have tons on the computer, but hardly ever print any. We are also going to the interview with our three small children. Hoping, no issue there, but they are all U.S. citizens.

I havent had my interview yet. It is scheduled for August.I just signed to the DHL tracking site as required by the embassy. Our tipe of visa is EB3 (permanent work) so I dont know if procedures are different. We will show up to the interview with 4 children but in our case we are required to because both I and our children are the applicants (my husband) dependents.

Timeline

Why bring 3 children to something like this? Be sure to check if they will be admitted to the interview area (citizens or not).

Refer to this information from the embassy website >>> http://argentina.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas/how-to-begin-an-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-the-visa-interview-and-adjudication.html

Showing up with kids in tow doesn't add proof to your relationship. It's just an inconvenience for everyone in what is often a crowded room.

Well we really do not have anyone we can leave our children with. My in-laws are the only family who live nearby & their health would not permit them to watch our little ones. To my understanding, it is a little window booth at the embassy. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. This will be our third time to the US Embassy in Buenos Aires. One time was with our infant son & he was fine. The other US Embassy I have been to was the exact same set up (little window booth) in Asuncion, Paraguay. Weird thing was when we went to pick up the new passport, they made my non-US husband stay outside. He even had his passport with him.

Our appointment is at 9 A.M. & what I have read is that the appointment is about 5 minutes more or less. In Argentina, it is completely normal for children to be with the parents & wait in long lines. You may wait 30 minutes in the express line at the grocery store for 10 items.

Hopefully, no issues with having kids with us because we have no other option & will be a 13 hour drive from our home( otherwise they could be with my in-laws for a couple of hours). Besides, our case was expedited because of our oldest son.

Hi, we had our interview in BA and it took a week to get it back to our city (Mar del plata) I don't think you can have it the next day after the interview.

Regarding going with kids, they like to see the families not only the applicant. We went with our 3 yrs old. The interview was short but we have to wait a long time to be called, after we handle our documents. Many people go with their kids, don't worry about it, nobody is going to say anything.

where's the closest DHL in your area? Maybe you could send it there for pick up, better than traveling back to BA.

Timeline

Hi, we had our interview in BA and it took a week to get it back to our city (Mar del plata) I don't think you can have it the next day after the interview.

Regarding going with kids, they like to see the families not only the applicant. We went with our 3 yrs old. The interview was short but we have to wait a long time to be called, after we handle our documents. Many people go with their kids, don't worry about it, nobody is going to say anything.

where's the closest DHL in your area? Maybe you could send it there for pick up, better than traveling back to BA.

Thanks for the information! I remember when I was at the embassy in the past, lots of families were there. Our appointment is for 9:00 A.M. Thankfully, we are staying very close to the embassy. Our kids were playing with each other asking for their "passports". It was funny!

The closest pickup location is probably in Santa Fe (we are in Chaco). I went ahead and paid for it to be shipped from one of the BA locations. Hoping it comes in a week! It cost $22 US dollars to do that, but at least it should arrive at our doorstep.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.