Jump to content

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello there,

I haven't posted here in awhile but I am in need of advice. Basically I moved to the US late last year and married not long after and not longer after that we are expecting a child, I am authorised to work here as of today and have a job lined up as well as speaking to a recruiter about joining the Marines once I obtain my Green Card. I have my Green Card interview next week and everything sounds perfect, wrong.. My marriage turned sour, resulting in my wife walking out and a divorce looking a possibility. She's supposed to be attending the interview with me so where do I stand in regards to staying here? I honestly don't fancy a long distance relationship with my child.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically you do not have a basis to stay based on marriage.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the marriage be repaired, do you love her, will she have a discussion

with you...A child is involved , unless you did something or she did that's

unforgivable you both should try communicating, if she fell out of love,

and just don't want the marriage , returning home maybe your only

option...talk to her pregnancy & her the only one working can rock marriages

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


If your wife does not attend, you will likely be denied a green card based on marriage to a USC. If you came here on a K-1 visa, you can only get a green card through your wife.

A U.S. citizen child does not entitle you to live and work in the U.S. A U.S. citizen must be at least 21 years old to petition for a parent.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.