Loudri

Canadian spouses immigrating to US: How long to receive interview date?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am in the same boat! I received my cc email on July 6...still waiting to hear about the interview. We called yesterday to see if they had booked one - and nothin' yet... :-|
I'm hoping that we get an interview soon! It normally takes 2(ish) weeks then to get the interview booked? We're so anxious - we've been at this since June of last year!

Loudri - it would be great to chat with you about this - since you have a cc date fairly close to ours!

I just figured out how to use this site - so I've just been reading all the comments until now! Glad I'm finally able to ask questions!!

Edited by jkris14

Filed: Timeline

I am in the same boat! I received my cc email on July 6...still waiting to hear about the interview. We called yesterday to see if they had booked one - and nothin' yet... :-|

I'm hoping that we get an interview soon! It normally takes 2(ish) weeks then to get the interview booked? We're so anxious - we've been at this since June of last year!

Loudri - it would be great to chat with you about this - since you have a cc date fairly close to ours!

I just figured out how to use this site - so I've just been reading all the comments until now! Glad I'm finally able to ask questions!!

I called yesterday as well! Our actual CC date was June 29th, so we just missed the deadline to receive our interview date at the beginning of the month. Based on what I've read, the schedule interview dates in batches, in the first week and last week of the month, so we should hear something at the end of the month. We've been at it since last June as well! You should check the CC to interview spreadsheet as well, and just sort by Canada: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

Timeline

Hmmm...brutal! Our "actual" CC date was June 26th - we got the email on the 6th of July. I guess I'm just gonna have to keep calling! (Smile) Ugh...

Keep me posted if you get/hear anything from them - and I'll do the same! When we called NVC yesterday - the girl said that it won't be too much longer as MTL is not super busy; the waiting is the worst part though! :-(

I will keep an eye on that spreadsheet too! Thanks for the tip! :-)

Timeline

I actually just called and got my interview date over the phone!!!!!!! They said it was booked on Jun 14th, and my case was completed on June 26th! So they actually book the interveiws before they complete the case?? Call back and maybe you'll get someone who will look a little deeper into it for you!!

Timeline

I called yesterday as well! Our actual CC date was June 29th, so we just missed the deadline to receive our interview date at the beginning of the month. Based on what I've read, the schedule interview dates in batches, in the first week and last week of the month, so we should hear something at the end of the month. We've been at it since last June as well! You should check the CC to interview spreadsheet as well, and just sort by Canada: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

They didn't schedule any interview the last week of June. My CC was June 16 but until now no interview date yet.

Just received notice today of our interview date! CC date was June 29th, received notice on July 7, and received notice of interview date July 17. 7/17 doesn't fall into any of the time frames I've read about when they send out these notices, so I guess you never quite know when it will come.

Timeline

Just received notice today of our interview date! CC date was June 29th, received notice on July 7, and received notice of interview date July 17. 7/17 doesn't fall into any of the time frames I've read about when they send out these notices, so I guess you never quite know when it will come.

Did you call them or received it by email.

Timeline

email. dated today.

Congrats.

I hope they will give an interview date soon. My Cc was June 16. Getting frustrated.????

May I know when is your interview date?

Edited by jhondhrey

I actually just called and got my interview date over the phone!!!!!!! They said it was booked on Jun 14th, and my case was completed on June 26th! So they actually book the interveiws before they complete the case?? Call back and maybe you'll get someone who will look a little deeper into it for you!!

congrats jkris14!!!

Congrats.

I hope they will give an interview date soon. My Cc was June 16. Getting frustrated.????

May I know when is your interview date?

you should try calling. you should hear soon. ours is end of august.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.