Loudri

Canadian spouses immigrating to US: How long to receive interview date?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My husband is Canadian and is immigrating to the US. We just received notification on Monday that they have received all documentation necessary to process our case, and that they'll notify us as soon as an interview date has been scheduled. Have other Canadians been through this recently? How long did it take between them informing you that all documents were received, and them giving you your interview date? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you can see this data in the portal.

change yer profile a bit, choose a country, then you can see your portal.

all of the stuff you need is in yer portal.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what? you not study the timelines in left panel? ok !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

~~moved to Canada regional forum as topic is regionally specific about wanting answers from a regional group~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Met 2008. Moved in together 2010. Married 2015. Baby Z joined us 2017 . :wub:

AOS Timeline 350 days

May 31/15 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP to USCIS

June 4/15 - Email and text notifications they were recieved

June 10/15 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP Dated June 1

June 17/15- Change of address confirmation

June 22/15- Biometrics appointment received

July 1/15- Biometrics appointment done(5 minute appointment, 8 hour round trip drive <_< )

August 5/15 - Change of address submitted for new location

August 8/15 - Mobile/E-mail notifications for approved EAD/AP :)

August 17/15 - Change of address confirmation after calling in

August 17/15 - EAD/AP Combo card mailed out(To the wrong address, and then lost by USPS)

September 3/15 - Contacted USCIS and was told to re-apply with a new application and fees?! Put in a service request online for lost card, and a complaint

September 8/15 - USPS found & returned card to USCIS

September 15/15 - Ombudsman contacted USCIS

September 17/15 - Card mailed back out

September 19/15 - EAD/AP Combo card finally in hand

September 22/15 - NPIW letter received, dated September 9/2015 estimated 6 month wait

October 13-21/15 - Traveled using AP to visit parents & ship the rest of our belongings out west

November 27-30/15 - Traveled using AP

December 28/15- RFE hard copy, waiting on documents from Canada

January 31-February 7/16 - Traveled using AP

February 10/16 - Sent in RFE, delivered Feb 16

April 16/16 - Service request filed, RFE was never updated online

May 12 - Approved email and status update dated May 10. Service request never was assigned or solved, though.

May 14 - Greencard in hand!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is your file at USCIS or NVC?

June 16th: IR-1 Interview in Montreal. Approved

June 16th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 25th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 30th: Case Status as "Ready"

July 1st: Case Status as "Ready"

July 2nd: Case Status as "ISSUED"

July 8th: Waybill # received

July 9th: Visa pickup

July 9th: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Took about a week or so as I recall.

ROC

01/18/2017   Sent in I-751

01/26/2017   Check cashed

01/28/2017   Received NOA dated 01/20/2017

02/16/2017   Biometrics done

10/24/2017   Traveled to Minneapolis for I551 stamp

02/26/2018     Case received by Field Office - S. Paul

05/012018     Case transferred to another USCIS office for processing 

N-400

02/02/2018    Filed N-400 online

02/05/2018    NOA online - NOA letter 02/09/2018

02/21/2018     Biometrics walk-in

My husband is Canadian and is immigrating to the US. We just received notification on Monday that they have received all documentation necessary to process our case, and that they'll notify us as soon as an interview date has been scheduled. Have other Canadians been through this recently? How long did it take between them informing you that all documents were received, and them giving you your interview date? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

What is your Case Complete date on the letter (or when is the letter dated and subtract 7 days)?

Montreal seems to schedule interviews in batches.... I received my (final) CC on 5/18 but did not get the interview date until June 2.... It just depends where you fall in the batch.....

But it won't be long now!

Take this time to prep for the interview..... will you have to travel to Montreal? need a hotel? Start prepping your interview folder (there is a ton of info around VJ with what people have been asked for at the interview)... read the Consulate reviews for the experiences others have had recently so you know what to expect.....

Best wishes!!

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Filed: Timeline

What is your Case Complete date on the letter (or when is the letter dated and subtract 7 days)?

Montreal seems to schedule interviews in batches.... I received my (final) CC on 5/18 but did not get the interview date until June 2.... It just depends where you fall in the batch.....

But it won't be long now!

Take this time to prep for the interview..... will you have to travel to Montreal? need a hotel? Start prepping your interview folder (there is a ton of info around VJ with what people have been asked for at the interview)... read the Consulate reviews for the experiences others have had recently so you know what to expect.....

Best wishes!!

Thanks, this is really helpful! The date on our letter is July 7, so I guess our CC is July 1?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

we got our letter in may stating exactly what you got - we are still waiting for an interview.

Yes, I'm aware of the portal but those are estimates. I'd like to hear from people who recently went through this themselves, thanks.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage (if applicable): 2014/10/04

I-130 Sent : 2014-11-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-12

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-26

NVC Received : 2015-04-14

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-04-23

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-04-23

Send AOS Package : 2015-05-15

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-23

Receive IV Bill : 2015-05-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-06-10

Send IV Package : 2015-05-15

Completed DS-260: 2015-06-11

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :2015-08-27

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-07-15

Interview Date : September 24, 2015

Interview Result : Administrative Processing

Visa Received : October 15, 2015

US Entry : November 11, 2015

Having an early July CC date - you may hear something shortly for an August interview..... or you missed their cut off and will have to wait until the first week of August for a September interview....

If you're up to it, you can call the NVC and ask if anything has been scheduled yet..... I called on June 2nd and received the interview date over the phone. The "official email" was received June 10th.... Some to choose to wait it out, I was not one of those people ;) LOL

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.