desiboyz84

Specific questions on I-130 and I-485

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi

I am applying for AoS (with EAD and AP) through my USC wife and need some help with my doubts regarding the forms.

• What is the Alien Registration Number?
  • Form G-325A: File number starting “A” is the same as Alien Registration Number?
  • Form I-765 Application for EAD - I had an EAD card issued once I started my OPT after graduating in 2009 and it expired in 2010. Do I need to check “Renewal of my permission to accept employment” OR “Permission to accept employment”?
  • Form I-130: Part 17: “List spouse and all children of your relative”? Should be left blank if the beneficiary was not married before (and has no kids)? OR should the name of the USC wife be mentioned here?
  • Form I-130: Part 18: “Address in US where your relative intends to live”? Should be my current address in US?
  • Form i-485 Part 1) “Current USCIS status”. I am a student on F1, so should write F1?
  • Form I-485 Part 2) I am applying for an adjustment to permanent residence status because…” I think it should be option1 but I am confused by the phrasing.
  • Form 1-485 Part 3) “List present and past membership with every organization” Not sure what exactly they are looking for. I was and am member of engineering organizations like ASME, should I mention them?
  • Form I-864 Part5) Sponsor’s household size. Since the beneficiary is counted as principal immigrant, should the column “If you are married, enter 1 for your spouse be left blank” to calculate household size.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Posted Today, 01:06 PM

Hello VJers.

I came in USA as a F1 status and recently I got a GC after marriage to US citizen. I am holding work authorization on the basis of OPT-EAD. I've applied for work authorization on basis of GC but recently the status got updated in my case status that my application was terminated because I've received a status or benefit through other means. So, my question is that how can I apply for GC-EAD ?

Thanks in advance.

Status updated in my case status

On June 10, 2015, we terminated your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXXX, because the applicant or petitioner received a status or benefit through other means. We will send you a termination notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am starting to apply for adjustment of status as well I would like to know if the forms that are expired are still excepted I noticed many of the forms expired last month June 30, 2015?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Posted Today, 01:06 PM

Hello VJers.

I came in USA as a F1 status and recently I got a GC after marriage to US citizen. I am holding work authorization on the basis of OPT-EAD. I've applied for work authorization on basis of GC but recently the status got updated in my case status that my application was terminated because I've received a status or benefit through other means. So, my question is that how can I apply for GC-EAD ?

Thanks in advance.

Status updated in my case status

On June 10, 2015, we terminated your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXXX, because the applicant or petitioner received a status or benefit through other means. We will send you a termination notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

You should start your own thread, but if you have a green card, you don't need EAD. The green card is your employment authorization.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should start your own thread, but if you have a green card, you don't need EAD. The green card is your employment authorization.

sorry to comment this on your thread could not find out how to start my own! sorry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.