KASH2011

N-400 July 2015 Filers

1,071 posts in this topic

My mother did her interview a few days before you on 10/19 in NYC. Really hoping to see her status change today. She passed with no issues.

@mananto, thank you. Yes, it does indicated on myUSCIS, all the changed status I mentioned in my post was from myUSCIS website.

On November 2, 2015, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*00604****. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

****If you have an IPhone...download USCIS case tracker & searcher. Add your case number and it's easier to use than going to their website every time.

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

On November 2, 2015, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*00604****. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

****If you have an IPhone...download USCIS case tracker & searcher. Add your case number and it's easier to use than going to their website every time.

Congrats!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I didn't know there's such app, it would really be easier than go to their website.

Anyway, I just got the Form N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony letter, which means I don't need such app, or go to myUSCIS ANYMORE!!!!! Hooray!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, fyi, my oath ceremony will be on 11/10, 8:30AM, hope you guys get each of your own good news real soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

For you who anxiously awaits a change of status...Don't hold your breath! My status never changed after I got the "interview scheduled". Even now, a while after my oath ceremony it still says interview scheduled...

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

For you who anxiously awaits a change of status...Don't hold your breath! My status never changed after I got the "interview scheduled". Even now, a while after my oath ceremony it still says interview scheduled...

Good to know! awaiting impatiently for my Oath date :clock:

i am one of those who is still waiting for interview letter. stuck in background check. Had my fingerprint on aug 26

Same thing with me, my FP done on 9/3 and case status still shows as "Case received". How do you know your case is stuck in background check. Did you call USCIS or just a guess ?

Timeline

Alaska2012 - did you ever registered to get SMS & e-mail notifications?

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

I just got back from my interview at the Dallas USCIS office. I arrived at 10:20am with my interview scheduled at 11:00am, the waiting room was full with about 30-40 people in it.

I waited and waited, and at 11:35am I asked the lady at the reception desk if they were running behind. She said, oh yes they are about one hour behind, they got a new system that isn't working so it will take longer than usual. Hm... So I sat down and waited some more, watching other people get their names called, even ones who arrived later than me. It was frustrating.

Finally at 12:00pm a lady came out of one of the rooms, got my application from the receptionist and said "she's been here the whole time? I was about to record her as a no show!" Apparently the receptionist never even entered me into the system, so I had been waiting nearly two hours for nothing... Wow!!

The interview only took about 15 minutes. The lady was nice but also very serious. She swore me in, we did the civics, english, then written test, then she went over my application. I don't remember all the questions she asked, but I do remember a few: what ocean is to the west of the United States, what event happened on September 11th, 2001, what is the "rule of law", etc.

I asked if I could take the oath same day (since the Dallas USCIS website says they allow same day oath), but she said no, Dallas no longer offers same day oath ceremonies.

So, unfortunately I am back to the waiting game again. She said she recommends my application for approval and I should receive a letter in the mail within 30 days telling me when my oath date will be scheduled.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Safety chick, I did up until my interview was scheduled but nothing after.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Same thing with me, my FP done on 9/3 and case status still shows as "Case received". How do you know your case is stuck in background check. Did you call USCIS or just a guess ?

made info pass and the officer told me waiting for security clearence

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello all,

I just got back from my interview at the Dallas USCIS office. I arrived at 10:20am with my interview scheduled at 11:00am, the waiting room was full with about 30-40 people in it.

I waited and waited, and at 11:35am I asked the lady at the reception desk if they were running behind. She said, oh yes they are about one hour behind, they got a new system that isn't working so it will take longer than usual. Hm... So I sat down and waited some more, watching other people get their names called, even ones who arrived later than me. It was frustrating.

Finally at 12:00pm a lady came out of one of the rooms, got my application from the receptionist and said "she's been here the whole time? I was about to record her as a no show!" Apparently the receptionist never even entered me into the system, so I had been waiting nearly two hours for nothing... Wow!!

The interview only took about 15 minutes. The lady was nice but also very serious. She swore me in, we did the civics, english, then written test, then she went over my application. I don't remember all the questions she asked, but I do remember a few: what ocean is to the west of the United States, what event happened on September 11th, 2001, what is the "rule of law", etc.

I asked if I could take the oath same day (since the Dallas USCIS website says they allow same day oath), but she said no, Dallas no longer offers same day oath ceremonies.

So, unfortunately I am back to the waiting game again. She said she recommends my application for approval and I should receive a letter in the mail within 30 days telling me when my oath date will be scheduled.

Congrats Lovelulu. Actually, I think it is because you went on a Monday. In Dallas, mostly the same day oaths start on Tuesday all the way to Friday. Also, if the next oath group is not large enough they will not give you a notice of oath on the same day as some have been getting them. They can actually schedule you for a day later or two days later once you get the letter right after the interview. I have noticed the oath for those who don't get same day is about two weeks since interview date. I have my interview in a couple of weeks in Dallas as well.

Filed: Timeline

Congrats Lovelulu. Actually, I think it is because you went on a Monday. In Dallas, mostly the same day oaths start on Tuesday all the way to Friday. Also, if the next oath group is not large enough they will not give you a notice of oath on the same day as some have been getting them. They can actually schedule you for a day later or two days later once you get the letter right after the interview. I have noticed the oath for those who don't get same day is about two weeks since interview date. I have my interview in a couple of weeks in Dallas as well.

Oh, thank you for this information. I hope I get my oath letter soon. The whole interview process seemed really unorganized today and I was frustrated by it all. I am glad my application was approved but wow, what a mess.

I am crossing all my fingers and toes that I can get my oath done before Thanksgiving so I can plan for my trip out of town. Kinda worried about getting stuck in limbo. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.