Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

AOS form i-131 and proof of relationship question?

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey, everyone!

For filling out the AOS form for travel document. After reading the instructions on the form it appears that I cannot travel unless I have business or family members who are dying or dead. So I cannot go home for vacation? After I get the 2 year green card will I be able to travel to visit my family?

Also, I was always under the impression that we are to submit proof of bank accounts, proof of living together, etc in the package. However, I don't see this on the step-by-step guide and it listed further down for stuff to bring to the interview...is it good to attach things like this to the back of our package as an extra or not really needed?

Thank you!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The I-131 application does not require a reason for traveling. You simply leave that part blank. You also do not need a supplemental sheet to explain your reasons for needing AP. You qualify simply because you are an AOS applicant. Follow the example form for AP.

You can travel home on the AP, or on your green card.

Relationship proof is not listed in the guide because it is not needed. You only need to include the required forms and documentation.

NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014



NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;

Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  RFE:  07/09/2015;

Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015



05/23/2017 -- Mailed ROC application

05/24/2017 -- NOA1 date

05/30/2017 -- NOA1 received in the mail

06/05/2017 -- Biometrics letter received

06/13/2017 -- Biometrics appointment

09/05/2018 -- Approved without interview!

09/13/2018 -- 10 Yr Green card Received


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

No reason needed to use AP when filling out the form or traveling with it. See this post > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/539506-advance-parole-filling-out-the-form/?p=7510970

The only proof of relationship/marriage needed with initial filing is a copy of your marriage certificate. Read through the I-485 instructions. Adding in proof of bona fide marriage is not listed as a requirement. If you have an interview, then bring it then. It does nothing to add it in with the form anyway.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

ya, this proof stuff is for RoC, not for AoS from a K-1 visa.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.