lala64

19 DAYS! .. AND counting. support.. words of encourage? please

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

its 19 days of AP. I know that some people in the past have waited far beyond this but this does not seem to be the case today right? I just need some hope. Will this be over soon.

It's been running about 3- 4 weeks. I have told you this already in your many posts on this subject. It's AP, all you can do it wait. Call them by all means, but understand it will take as long as it takes.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Are you at the NVC or waiting on the issuance of your visa? 19 Days would mean you're still at the NVC according to your timeline. If at the NVC, have you asked the representative the status of your case, as far as when it will be leaving the NVC?

Edited by Dame & Ash

K - 1 Fiance Visa Process (I-129F Petition)

(L) Engaged (L) - March 22, 2015

K-1 Petition Sent (via USPS) - April 10, 2015

K-1 Petition Received - April 15, 2015

NOA1 (Email & Text) - April 16, 2015

NOA2 (Email, Text & App Notification) - May 22, 2015 (37 LONG Days from NOA1) :dance:

NOA2 (Official I-797 via Mail) - May 29, 2015

NVC Received (Phone Verification) - June 10, 2015

NVC Issued Case Number (Phone Verification) - June 11, 2015

Left NVC (Phone Verification) - June 15, 2015

Consulate Received (CEAC Website) - June 16, 2015

Emailed for Packet 3 - June 16, 2015 (US Immigration Computer Glitch Era: 6/9-6/23)

Emailed for Packet 3 - June 23, 2015 (2nd Attempt)

Received Packet 3 (via Email) - June 24, 2015

Scheduled Interview & Medical - June 24, 2015

Medical Appointment - July 3, 2015 (Medical Paperwork Picked-up 7/15/15)

Consulate Interview - July 17, 2015 (Approved) :dancing:

CEAC Web Status Update: "Ready" Case Created Date: Case Updated 7/20/2015 (Non-Immigrant Visa Application)
CEAC Web Status Update: "Administrative Processing" Case Updated 7/22/2015
CEAC Web Status Update: "Issued" Case Updated 7/24/2015 :dancing:

Department of State email stating Visa documents are at DHL Kingston ready for pickup - July 28, 2015 @ 5:45PM

Documents Transferred to Montego Bay, Jamaica for pickup w/DHL - July 29, 2015 (Called DHL Kingston to make request; Will be available 7/30/15)

Visa in Hand at DHL Montego Bay - July 30, 2015 @ 1:30PM :dance:

US Entry (IAH - Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport) - August 8, 2015

Court House Marriage - September 1, 2015

Applied for Social Security Card (In-Person in Houston about an hour wait) - September 1, 2015 (No Issues)

Adjustment of Status Process (I-485, I-131, I-765)

Sent I-485, I-765, I-131 (via USPS) - October 1, 2015

Applications Received - October 5, 2015

NOA1 (Email & Text) - October 8, 2015

NOA1 (Hard Copy) - October 13, 2015

Biometrics Appointment Letter Received - October 19, 2015

Biometrics Appointment - October 30, 2015

Wedding Ceremony - October 31, 2015

Service Request - December 28, 2015 (Called USCIS to check status of I-765 (Work Permit), representative put in Request for update since we were approaching 90 days)

New Card Is Being Produced (Text & Website) - December 30, 2015 (Status Update for Green Card (I-485) Case) :dancing:

Case Was Approved (Text & Website) - December 31, 2015 (I-485 Case)

Card Was Mailed (Text & Website) - January 5, 2016 (I-485 Case)

Green Card Received (USPS) - January 8, 2016 :dancing: :idea: :dancing: :no: :thumbs: :yes: :dance: :jest:

Timeline

It's been running about 3- 4 weeks. I have told you this already in your many posts on this subject. It's AP, all you can do it wait. Call them by all means, but understand it will take as long as it takes.

Yes I understand you have told me several times but maybe I am searching for something different than what you are telling me since no one seems to know much about the WHY. And I thank you for continuing to respond. I am just frustrated is all and you think your tired of hearing it. You should maybe speak with my fiancé. lol.. I have read so many different answers even now your saying 3-4 weeks and another person just said 2-3 months. I am hoping this agony ends soon. So should I not post my frustrations here cdneh? as I see many persons often post the same questions but don't get reprimanded for it. From post In 2008 it was taking several months to recent post about 3 weeks. I don't know what to believe. but if I am struggling with the same issue then is there a limit to how many times I can post on it? if so. please let me know and I will kindly remove myself from the community.

Timeline

Are you at the NVC or waiting on the issuance of your visa? 19 Days would mean you're still at the NVC according to your timeline. If at the NVC, have you asked the representative the status of your case, as far as when it will be leaving the NVC?

Yes its at NCV in Admin Processing No timeframe of when it will leave. I don't understand it as many of my Jamaican counterparts leave in a decent amount of time from 3 to 15 days. this is where my frustration lies and now Its being implied that I am posting too much about it. If I cant vent here with others who are going through it or have gone through it.. then where? or there other Visa communities that are less likely to bash you for expressing your anxieties about a matter more than once. I appreciate your response Ashley. thank you.

:time:

They have issued some that interviewed late May. So if your interview was after that its coming. You are not alone.

I am still at NVC in AP haven't made it to the embassy as yet. LionessDeon.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

At NVC you go through another background screening. Depending on what info they are waiting for depends on how long you are in AP at NVC. As long as it is at NVC, it is a good thing. There have been cases shipped to the wrong center and it took several months to get them to NVC, and they still had to be processed. Jut be patient concentrate on other things. Prepare other things to bring to US. High school diploma, items he wants to bring, etc...

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

Yes its at NCV in Admin Processing No timeframe of when it will leave. I don't understand it as many of my Jamaican counterparts leave in a decent amount of time from 3 to 15 days. this is where my frustration lies and now Its being implied that I am posting too much about it. If I cant vent here with others who are going through it or have gone through it.. then where? or there other Visa communities that are less likely to bash you for expressing your anxieties about a matter more than once. I appreciate your response Ashley. thank you.

I am still at NVC in AP haven't made it to the embassy as yet. LionessDeon.

Trust me, I do understand what you're going through. For I am and have went through the hurry up and wait process with each stage of the crazy journey.... One day seems like forever to me and it has been like that since the day I filed in April...... Everyone on VJ should know and be sympathetic because we all are waiting on something or another! And we should be here to support each other. If someone is tired of you posting, they should just move along to the next topic that catches their eye. No need to bother you if they are tired of entertaining your concerns.

One thing I have read, and was afraid of myself, is that when doing a background check and you have a common name, they have to go through and look more in depth at the biographic information of the individual. That's the only hold up I can think of. They check the petitioners background at the service center and they check internationally the applicants background at the NVC. So maybe they are just doing a little more research. I know when I was calling and they had received my case, the generic answer they gave for the wait time to go to embassy is "up to 4 weeks".

But I know when you're expecting something and it exceeds the time you expect, your mind begins to race and you get nervous. Just say a prayer and keep the faith. Everything will work out fine and in God's time.

If I can be of any assistance to you just message me, I've made a couple of nice VJ - Jamaica Embassy Friends (They are SUPER Supportive and never have a problem answering questions and they keep it positive) and I have been given great information, and wouldn't mind passing it on to you if you need any help! Now that you've caught my eye, I will be keeping up with you and praying for you.

Best of wishes,

Ashley

K - 1 Fiance Visa Process (I-129F Petition)

(L) Engaged (L) - March 22, 2015

K-1 Petition Sent (via USPS) - April 10, 2015

K-1 Petition Received - April 15, 2015

NOA1 (Email & Text) - April 16, 2015

NOA2 (Email, Text & App Notification) - May 22, 2015 (37 LONG Days from NOA1) :dance:

NOA2 (Official I-797 via Mail) - May 29, 2015

NVC Received (Phone Verification) - June 10, 2015

NVC Issued Case Number (Phone Verification) - June 11, 2015

Left NVC (Phone Verification) - June 15, 2015

Consulate Received (CEAC Website) - June 16, 2015

Emailed for Packet 3 - June 16, 2015 (US Immigration Computer Glitch Era: 6/9-6/23)

Emailed for Packet 3 - June 23, 2015 (2nd Attempt)

Received Packet 3 (via Email) - June 24, 2015

Scheduled Interview & Medical - June 24, 2015

Medical Appointment - July 3, 2015 (Medical Paperwork Picked-up 7/15/15)

Consulate Interview - July 17, 2015 (Approved) :dancing:

CEAC Web Status Update: "Ready" Case Created Date: Case Updated 7/20/2015 (Non-Immigrant Visa Application)
CEAC Web Status Update: "Administrative Processing" Case Updated 7/22/2015
CEAC Web Status Update: "Issued" Case Updated 7/24/2015 :dancing:

Department of State email stating Visa documents are at DHL Kingston ready for pickup - July 28, 2015 @ 5:45PM

Documents Transferred to Montego Bay, Jamaica for pickup w/DHL - July 29, 2015 (Called DHL Kingston to make request; Will be available 7/30/15)

Visa in Hand at DHL Montego Bay - July 30, 2015 @ 1:30PM :dance:

US Entry (IAH - Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport) - August 8, 2015

Court House Marriage - September 1, 2015

Applied for Social Security Card (In-Person in Houston about an hour wait) - September 1, 2015 (No Issues)

Adjustment of Status Process (I-485, I-131, I-765)

Sent I-485, I-765, I-131 (via USPS) - October 1, 2015

Applications Received - October 5, 2015

NOA1 (Email & Text) - October 8, 2015

NOA1 (Hard Copy) - October 13, 2015

Biometrics Appointment Letter Received - October 19, 2015

Biometrics Appointment - October 30, 2015

Wedding Ceremony - October 31, 2015

Service Request - December 28, 2015 (Called USCIS to check status of I-765 (Work Permit), representative put in Request for update since we were approaching 90 days)

New Card Is Being Produced (Text & Website) - December 30, 2015 (Status Update for Green Card (I-485) Case) :dancing:

Case Was Approved (Text & Website) - December 31, 2015 (I-485 Case)

Card Was Mailed (Text & Website) - January 5, 2016 (I-485 Case)

Green Card Received (USPS) - January 8, 2016 :dancing: :idea: :dancing: :no: :thumbs: :yes: :dance: :jest:

Timeline

At NVC you go through another background screening. Depending on what info they are waiting for depends on how long you are in AP at NVC. As long as it is at NVC, it is a good thing. There have been cases shipped to the wrong center and it took several months to get them to NVC, and they still had to be processed. Jut be patient concentrate on other things. Prepare other things to bring to US. High school diploma, items he wants to bring, etc...

Great advice and info thanks!

Timeline

Trust me, I do understand what you're going through. For I am and have went through the hurry up and wait process with each stage of the crazy journey.... One day seems like forever to me and it has been like that since the day I filed in April...... Everyone on VJ should know and be sympathetic because we all are waiting on something or another! And we should be here to support each other. If someone is tired of you posting, they should just move along to the next topic that catches their eye. No need to bother you if they are tired of entertaining your concerns.

One thing I have read, and was afraid of myself, is that when doing a background check and you have a common name, they have to go through and look more in depth at the biographic information of the individual. That's the only hold up I can think of. They check the petitioners background at the service center and they check internationally the applicants background at the NVC. So maybe they are just doing a little more research. I know when I was calling and they had received my case, the generic answer they gave for the wait time to go to embassy is "up to 4 weeks".

But I know when you're expecting something and it exceeds the time you expect, your mind begins to race and you get nervous. Just say a prayer and keep the faith. Everything will work out fine and in God's time.

If I can be of any assistance to you just message me, I've made a couple of nice VJ - Jamaica Embassy Friends (They are SUPER Supportive and never have a problem answering questions and they keep it positive) and I have been given great information, and wouldn't mind passing it on to you if you need any help! Now that you've caught my eye, I will be keeping up with you and praying for you.

Best of wishes,

Ashley

Thanks Ashley, I appreciate that:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How do you know it is still in NVC? Did you call them and they told you that?

I-129F petition/K-1 visa

1/21/2015 I-129F mailed USPS Priority to Dallas lockbox /// 1/26/2015 received by USCIS

1/28/2015 NOA1 date /// 1/29/2015 NOA1 (text/email) I-129F sent → NOA1 - 7 days

2/3/2015 NOA1 (hard copy)

3/10/2015 RFE (email) /// 3/16/2015 RFE (hard copy) with A# NOA1 → RFE - 41 days

3/19/2015 RFE mailed USPS Priority to CSC /// 3/23/2015 RFE response received by CSC

5/18/2015 NOA2 (email) RFE→ NOA2 - 69 days / NOA1 → NOA2 - 110 days I-129F sent → NOA2 (CSC phase) - 117 days

5/22/2015 NOA2 (hard copy)

6/1/2015 NVC: case received NOA2 → NVC received - 14 days

6/4/2015 NVC: assigned case # & invoice ID

6/8/2015 NVC: sent to Embassy NVC received → NVC left - 7 days

6/10/2015 Status 'Ready' on CEAC site, letter from NVC mailed to petitioner /// 6/13/2015 NVC letter with case # (hard copy) received

6/16/2015 Embassy: case received NOA2 → Embassy received (NVC phase) - 29 days

6/17/2015 Status 'Administrative processing' on CEAC site, email from Embassy with interview instructions

6/24/2015 Interview scheduled, packets 3 & 4 received (email) /// 6/25/2015 Packet 3 sent to Embassy

7/2/2015 Medical

7/6/2015 Interview NOA1 → interview - 159 days Embassy received → interview (Embassy phase) - 20 days 7/28/2015 Visa issued /// 7/29/2015 email recieved/ visa in hand I-129F sent → visa in hand - 189 days (~6 months) TOTAL TIME

8/22/2015 POE LA

9/10/2015 Wedding

I-485(AOS)/ I-131(AP)/ I-765(EAD)

9/10/2015 Wedding /// 10/6/2015 Marriage Certificate (certified copy) received

11/3/2015 AOS/ AP/ EAD package mailed (USPS Priority to Chicago lockbox) /// 11/5/2015 received by USCIS

11/6/2015 NOA1 (x3) date /// 11/9/2015 NOA1 (x3) (text/email) AOS/AP/EAD sent → NOA1 - 3 days

11/13/2015 NOA1 (x3) (hard copy)

11/20/2015 Biometrics appointment invitation received (hard copy)

11/30/2015 Biometrics appointment

1/26/2016 NOA2 (EAD/AP) date /// 11/9/2015 NOA1 (x3) (text/email) AOS/AP/EAD sent → NOA1 - 3 days

1/29/2016 NOA2 (EAD) (hard copy)

2/3/2016 EAD/AP card received

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lala, your journey has been moving quite quickly. Cherish your blessings! There is so much else to focus on, obtaining documents, preparing for the interview. Do you have a small album of pics? Have you looked at the I-134, got tax transcripts and other needed documents for your interview together? It will come my friend! It is important to realize everyone's journey is different and so many of us here have much much longer waits....try one year. There may be other delays coming so it may be a good idea to increase your tolerance level a bit. It does get a bit frustrating to those of us that have had much much longer delays and serious issues. However, I do fully understand your excitement and anxiousness. I look forward to your "Visa issued" post!

Best of Luck!

Timeline

How do you know it is still in NVC? Did you call them and they told you that?

Yes, I called yesterday and they told me I am still in AP.no timeframe. I did check today and it shows In Transit. Thank GOD>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.