VenNeh15

Want to start paperwork, need input (merged topics)

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

My husband and I have been married since Jan. 2015. He came to the US in 2012 on a F1 Visa and has always been in school until Jan. (He got behind on payments because his father became ill and could no longer help all of his children out anymore) We both decided that he we could not manage the high tuition for school along with everything else. (I'm almost 9 months pregnant) He is out of status now b/c of lack of enrollment but his Visa doesn't expire until next year. We want to start filing his AOS but I'm not sure how to go about it since he is out of status. I really don't know how to even begin this process and our precious baby will be here in July and my husband desperately needs a work visa so he can work an actual job instead of being treated as a slave because he has no work permit. My cousin just told us yesterday that he is willing to help me with sponsoring but I recently stopped working so I don't even know if my income can be any help! He makes enough to meet the requirements for him, his wife and two children plus my hubby but his wife is pregnant due in Nov and if we include the baby he is a little short. If we include my income it will be fine but I just stopped working (will go back if I have to!) This whole thing is so confusing I just need some help on what to do first and what I should do! So much in so little time. I’m so scared about this but I think we are ready to begin. SO if there is anyone out there with some advice, help or useful opinion, PLEASE FEEL FREE.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from AOS from Family Visa to AOS from Student Visa forum for better answers******

Our Guide here will tell you what is needed: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Him being out of status is forgiven when he adjusts status due to marriage to a US citizen; if the cousin makes enough, you not having a job is ok. If not, and your interview is after November, hopefully you will have a job again by then and can add your income (only current and ongoing income counts- not past income, and not job offers for the future).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Thank you!

So I'm guessing they don't actual check your financial situation until the interview? How long does it usually take after filing to get an interview? And it is the same interview that they do to see if it is a legit marriage or is there another one?

***** Moving from AOS from Family Visa to AOS from Student Visa forum for better answers******

Our Guide here will tell you what is needed: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Him being out of status is forgiven when he adjusts status due to marriage to a US citizen; if the cousin makes enough, you not having a job is ok. If not, and your interview is after November, hopefully you will have a job again by then and can add your income (only current and ongoing income counts- not past income, and not job offers for the future).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

There is usually only one interview; if they have doubt about your marriage, here may be a second one where you are separately asked the same questions.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

There is usually only one interview; if they have doubt about your marriage, here may be a second one where you are separately asked the same questions.

Ok, thanks. And what about to getting a work permit? Does that have to be filed separately? I've been looking at everything and I am so confused now.

Hello,

My husband and I have been married since Jan. 2015. He came to the US in 2012 on a F1 Visa and has always been in school until Jan. (He got behind on payments because his father became ill and could no longer help all of his children out anymore) We both decided that he we could not manage the high tuition for school along with everything else. (9 months pregnant) He is out of status now b/c of lack of enrollment but his Visa doesn't expire until next year. We want to start filing his AOS. I really don't know how to even begin this process and our precious baby will be here in July and my husband desperately needs a work visa so he can work an actual job instead of being treated as a slave because he has no work permit. We have a sponser and hopefully enough money saved up and are ready to begin. I was told that we needed to file the I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765, I-864, and the G-325A for applicant and beneficiary. But im confused and what if he already has a passport? Do we still need to pay to file for a travel permit? And I don't understand why we have to file so many if there is anyone out there with some advice, help or useful opinion, PLEASE FEEL FREE.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

you need tp file all of those forms, that is called adjustmemt of status. Im confused with your question about the passport. He must have a passport because he will need to attach copy of visa and entry stamp as well as the bio page of the passport. The fee for aos is $1070. That will include the petition for green card, work permit and advance parole (travel permit) as long as you send all of the forms in the same package.

hope that helps.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

fees for I-131, I-765 are waived when you submit the big packet - are you studying GUIDE2 from a PC, in the Guides Section? If no, please, I beg of you, get on a PC and study it.

alas, teeler no include the fee for filing the I-130...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

fees for I-131, I-765 are waived when you submit the big packet - are you studying GUIDE2 from a PC, in the Guides Section? If no, please, I beg of you, get on a PC and study it.

alas, teeler no include the fee for filing the I-130...

Ok are you talking about filing the combo packet? No I am not studying it. I have no clue what that is actually.

you need tp file all of those forms, that is called adjustmemt of status. Im confused with your question about the passport. He must have a passport because he will need to attach copy of visa and entry stamp as well as the bio page of the passport. The fee for aos is $1070. That will include the petition for green card, work permit and advance parole (travel permit) as long as you send all of the forms in the same package.

hope that helps.

OK, that makes much more since. So if we file the I-30 Combo pack and include the other forms we just pay for I-30. And just to make sure, we would have to print the forms and send them in right, there is isn't anything that we can do online? I was thinking since he had a passport he didn't need file for the travel permit, wrong?

Timeline

Ok are you talking about filing the combo packet? No I am not studying it. I have no clue what that is actually.

This is the combo packet (which you mentioned, actually, back in post #1): I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765, I-864, and the G-325A

We have a really cool guide in the GUIDES section covering this exact type of adjustment of status. But - it's best to study it when logged in from a PC. Can switch to a PC, hit the Guides section here, and study it ? Yes? No? I do ask, because handphones are abysmal when studying the guides section. Or when trying to do real research here.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

This is the combo packet (which you mentioned, actually, back in post #1): I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765, I-864, and the G-325A

We have a really cool guide in the GUIDES section covering this exact type of adjustment of status. But - it's best to study it when logged in from a PC. Can switch to a PC, hit the Guides section here, and study it ? Yes? No? I do ask, because handphones are abysmal when studying the guides section. Or when trying to do real research here.

Yes I'm on my laptop will look now. Thanks so much. What is it called in case I get lost.

Wow ok thanks so much! It is all some what coming together in my brain lol. It is a bit more than I expected.

Timeline

brains expand when ya switch over to a PC. I swear !

brains expand when ya switch over to a PC. I swear !

LOL that is right! thanks again!! While reading at the bottom it says that the medical exam has to be done sometime during the AOS process. Does it go in the packet or is it something that we do after filing?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.