10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

Ok, so I went for my interview a few weeks ago, and I need a waiver, plain and simple. I have 2 charges from 1997 resulting from one incident. Possession of a stolen credit card, and fraud under $5000. I received a suspended sentence, and 1 year of probation, and it has been taken off my record. I am from Canada. It does NOT come up when I get a police certificate, as I have had several since the incident for different jobs I held. However, I was honest and told them about it. My question is, what are the chances that something like this will be approved, and how long does it take? I have had NO trouble with the law since then. I requested court records and have a letter from the courthouse stating 'After an extensive search, no records for these convictions can be located. There is no money owing regarding these crimes.' Hope someone can help me with this!

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We hired a lawyer to handle our waiver. It takes time to prepare a waiver packet. Once USCIS receives it an answer takes approximately 4-6 months. I'm hoping for sooner but expecting at least that long.

Good Luck to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

With a decent waiver should not be an issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

With a decent waiver should not be an issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

As said above, you will be fine as long as you prepare a good waiver. I think the length of time since your last infraction and the fact that you've been employed a number of times since then helps. A letter of affidavit from a previous employer would help.

Good luck!

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Timeline

As said above, you will be fine as long as you prepare a good waiver. I think the length of time since your last infraction and the fact that you've been employed a number of times since then helps. A letter of affidavit from a previous employer would help.

Good luck!

Thanks all for your help! I know that the Commissionaires prepare waivers for a flat fee of $500, but I am not sure if they are familiar with the I601. I was under the impression that the I601 was a special form only for people that need waivers for a Visa. I might be wrong. I would hate to get a standard waiver and have them decline it after time and money spent if that is the case! :/

Edited by TheShape

Timeline

Not sure what you are talking about but Lawyer fees will be a lot more than that.

Timeline

Not sure what you are talking about but Lawyer fees will be a lot more than that.

The Commissionaires is the largest security company in Canada. They offer fingerprint and pardon services, along with many other services including preparing waivers and pardons. They charge a fee to prepare security documents like background checks, etc.

Filed: Timeline

I 601 is a form, but also a brief is required to back up your evidences

& arguments would show rehabilitation due to time passed, no more

probs with the law, what your sentence were. You will need the

disposition & court docs on the case & character refs.

You have a very win-able case, do a phone consult with a waiver

atty and get a feel of the procedure, Its best all waivers be done

right on the 1st go around you want to avoid RFE.

Pardons does not count you need a waiver expert, best in any crime situation

OP its different from the Canadian rehabilitation waiver that's prepared by

the commissionaires

Edited by Jawaree

Timeline

I 601 is a form, but also a brief is required to back up your evidences

& arguments would show rehabilitation due to time passed, no more

probs with the law, what your sentence were. You will need the

disposition & court docs on the case & character refs.

You have a very win-able case, do a phone consult with a waiver

atty and get a feel of the procedure, Its best all waivers be done

right on the 1st go around you want to avoid RFE.

Pardons does not count you need a waiver expert, best in any crime situation

Hi,

I sent in a request to the courthouse requesting all court documents and disposition regarding the crimes. They sent me a letter stating that 'after an extensive search, no records of these convictions can be located. There is however, no money owing for these convictions.' I was told that after 7 years, the court proceedings on paper are destroyed. These convictions don't even come up on my police certificate. They do however come up when I get a fingerprint check done, which is also required to be sent in with the waiver. I got those done and waiting or them in the mail. Not sure what to do except include that letter from the courts explaining that there IS NO disposition available.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.